“GREAT LOCATION GREAT STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Mission Viejo, California
“GREAT LOCATION GREAT STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our second time at this property. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. We arrived in three waves -- daughter first, then wife and then me -- it didn't cause them any problems -- they accommodated us with no problem. Room is more than adequate. If you want to shop -- wasn't our purpose this time -- wonderful shopping center is well within walking distance

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed two nights here last week, and were very pleased. The whole place was clean, well kept, and the staff - especially Krista - was absolutely lovely. The bed was super comfortable, the in-room whirlpool tub was fantastic, and the hotel was only a couple minutes from all kinds of places.
Overall it was a great stay, with two exceptions:

1. When we visited the pool, there was a 'lifeguard' sitting in the corner (where she couldn't even see the pool) texting and sighing loudly the whole time. She never once looked up from her phone. We went there to relax in the hot tub and swimming pool, but her being so bored and blatant about not wanting to be there put a damper on the room.

2. The housekeeping was somewhat intrusive and did not seem to understand the "do not disturb" sign we had up our entire stay. At one point when I was asleep in the morning, she came banging on the door despite the sign and by the time I woke up and realized she was not in fact at the room across the hall, I yelled "One moment!" and went to put on a shirt, but she was already swiping a key and trying to enter my room! Very intrusive and not okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear KandyGoddess,

I would like to thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel rooms and staff service at the front desk. I will be sure to pass this information along to Krista and the rest of the team to thank them for a great job!

I am very disappointed in the poor service you received in our pool along with our housekeeping team. Please be assured I have addressed both of these issues appropriately to ensure the team is properly re-trained to prevent any future occurrence. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel team.

Again, I thank you for staying with us and providing us with such great feedback. If you would like to further discuss these items, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again when in the Tysons area.

Heather Hull General Manager
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited this hotel over Columbus day weekend and were pleased with our stay. The hotel staff went above and beyond to serve their guests. I was standing in line to check in and this man wanting to speak with someone at the front acted like he didn't even see me and cut right in front of me. I was flabbergasted, and about to go ballistic when the employee at the front desk diffused the situation and informed the man who had rudely cut in front of me, that he would help him right after he took care of me. When I stepped to the counter, the employee told "Don't worry, I saw you." He turned what was going to be an ugly situation into a pleasant experience. Parking is available in the hotel's parking garage, and there are numerous places to eat around the hotel. There's a Trader Joe's down the street. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Skye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here a while back, as our first port-of-call while on holiday to the States. We were impressed with the size of the room and even the size of the bed!! It was clean, cosy (as we woke up to a couple of inches of snow the first morning!!) and suited our needs. It was close to where we wanted to be (friends in Arlington) and being next to the Beltway, meant you could just about get anywhere in the car - plus it had good parking too!!

It gave us a great start to our trip to DC and surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at this facility while on business in the DC metro area. Hotel is in a good location right off the DC Beltway and right accross from the Tysons Corner Mall. Room was clean and well maintained.Room consisted of two comfortable double beds. desk with high speed internet a compfortable chair and 40-42" flat panel hi-def tv. Room was on the 4th floor and was very quiet. No road noise, AC very quiet.
Overall this was a very pleasent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sandy Springs, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for work and was thankful I was only scheduled for one night. I travel to the area frequently and although this location is extremely convenient to my office I will nevery choose to stay here again. The room was not thoroughly cleaned, there were stains on the furniture and bedding. The ceiling in my bathroom/vanity area appeared to have water damage that was not properly treated and was full mildew turning into mold. The air conditioner was loud and hard to get a comfortable temperature. The fitness center is entirely too small for the size of the hotel. I attempted to work out every hour on the hour for 3 hours in the evening and 2 in the morning and was never able to get on a machine. The price is entirely too high for the product and service at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello,

I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory as we strive for all our guests to have an exceptional experience.

I would however like to address your concerns. I understand you had issues with the cleanliness of the room; please know that this information has been passed on to our housekeeping team and we have taken steps to correct this issue. I have followed up with our Engineering Team to ensure the ceiling and noisy air conditioning issues were properly and immediately addressed. In regards to our fitness center, we do realize there is a lack of space, however we are pleased to announce some exciting plans to expand and re-design our fitness room to better serve our guests’ needs.

I realize your experience did not meet your expectation and we would like for you to give us another opportunity to better serve your needs. I would like to further discuss your overall stay with you personally at your most convenient time. I can be reached at 703-790-0207. Again, we thank you for your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Heather Hull General Manager
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and our business partner were scheduled to participate in a meeting at this hotel. I came along for shopping and sight seeing. Our partner developed acute appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery. The staff was so helpful. Canceling his room without penalty and allowing us to stay in ours until it was time to bring him to the airport - well after late check out.

Great location, easy to get around. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!