“Love the staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Roanoke
“Love the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited this hotel over Columbus day weekend and were pleased with our stay. The hotel staff went above and beyond to serve their guests. I was standing in line to check in and this man wanting to speak with someone at the front acted like he didn't even see me and cut right in front of me. I was flabbergasted, and about to go ballistic when the employee at the front desk diffused the situation and informed the man who had rudely cut in front of me, that he would help him right after he took care of me. When I stepped to the counter, the employee told "Don't worry, I saw you." He turned what was going to be an ugly situation into a pleasant experience. Parking is available in the hotel's parking garage, and there are numerous places to eat around the hotel. There's a Trader Joe's down the street. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Isle of Skye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here a while back, as our first port-of-call while on holiday to the States. We were impressed with the size of the room and even the size of the bed!! It was clean, cosy (as we woke up to a couple of inches of snow the first morning!!) and suited our needs. It was close to where we wanted to be (friends in Arlington) and being next to the Beltway, meant you could just about get anywhere in the car - plus it had good parking too!!

It gave us a great start to our trip to DC and surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at this facility while on business in the DC metro area. Hotel is in a good location right off the DC Beltway and right accross from the Tysons Corner Mall. Room was clean and well maintained.Room consisted of two comfortable double beds. desk with high speed internet a compfortable chair and 40-42" flat panel hi-def tv. Room was on the 4th floor and was very quiet. No road noise, AC very quiet.
Overall this was a very pleasent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sandy Springs, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for work and was thankful I was only scheduled for one night. I travel to the area frequently and although this location is extremely convenient to my office I will nevery choose to stay here again. The room was not thoroughly cleaned, there were stains on the furniture and bedding. The ceiling in my bathroom/vanity area appeared to have water damage that was not properly treated and was full mildew turning into mold. The air conditioner was loud and hard to get a comfortable temperature. The fitness center is entirely too small for the size of the hotel. I attempted to work out every hour on the hour for 3 hours in the evening and 2 in the morning and was never able to get on a machine. The price is entirely too high for the product and service at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello,

I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory as we strive for all our guests to have an exceptional experience.

I would however like to address your concerns. I understand you had issues with the cleanliness of the room; please know that this information has been passed on to our housekeeping team and we have taken steps to correct this issue. I have followed up with our Engineering Team to ensure the ceiling and noisy air conditioning issues were properly and immediately addressed. In regards to our fitness center, we do realize there is a lack of space, however we are pleased to announce some exciting plans to expand and re-design our fitness room to better serve our guests’ needs.

I realize your experience did not meet your expectation and we would like for you to give us another opportunity to better serve your needs. I would like to further discuss your overall stay with you personally at your most convenient time. I can be reached at 703-790-0207. Again, we thank you for your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Heather Hull General Manager
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and our business partner were scheduled to participate in a meeting at this hotel. I came along for shopping and sight seeing. Our partner developed acute appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery. The staff was so helpful. Canceling his room without penalty and allowing us to stay in ours until it was time to bring him to the airport - well after late check out.

Great location, easy to get around. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I loved that the hotel was conveniently situated very close to all of the shopping and restaurants. The staff were very professional and expedient and the lobby was stylish in its design and decorations.

The odd part about our room was that there was a layer of moisture on the carpet and the furniture. We assumed that it was due to the humidity in the air that evening, even though the air conditioner was on. The room was clean and the bed, very comfortable.

I stayed at this hotel because a seminar was being held the next day. It was disappointing to see that the restaurant was not open during lunch hours. Parking was very limited on the ground level. We parked in the underground garage during one of the days.

The workout room was nice - it was clean and had a couple of treadmills and other cardio equipment. I did not use the pool but it looked well-kept and a lifeguard was on duty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for work when the other Courtyard in Vienna was sold out. Same set up with a parking garage, however lobby was small and did not have the Courtyard cafe. My room was on the 10th floow overlooking Chain Bridge Rd. The room was incredibly hot and could never get the air conditioning to work properly. The bathroom was small and the towels were very old. Overall its across the street from Tyson's which is very nice, plenty of restaurants at your fingertips, but the hotel just needs to be refreshed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear getmarshall,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very important to us here at the Courtyard Tysons Corner.

I apologize that the Guest Services Representative did not explain the location of our many restaurants options in the hotel. We offer three restaurants in the hotel and the option of room service. Our Terrace Restaurant is open for breakfast and has a wonderful hot buffet breakfast. The Bistro which is open for all three meals is also a great option while staying with us. Both of these restaurants are located on the 2nd floor. Flemings Steakhouse is available on the 1st floor for dinner each night. I am sorry we let you down by not informing you of all the dining options at check in. I have personally reviewed your comments with the Guest Service Representatives to avoid this oversight in the future.

I would like to share with you that the housekeeping department is refreshing the terry in our bathrooms as we speak. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding the AC. I am not sure if you reported the issue and would like to ensure that our Engineering department reviews the issues you were experiencing with the AC.

Thank you for your time and I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Heather Hull
General Manager Courtyard Tysons Corner

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!