I stayed here while on a business trip because it was close to the office where I was spending some time. Overall, the staff was very friendly. Check-in was easy and I was in my room in just a few minutes after arriving. I will say, it's confusing on how to enter the hotel if you're driving as there's no real sign for the entrance, you just have to figure it out based on the signage on the actual building.
For what you pay, I think the hotel met expectations. It's not exactly a 4* or 5* hotel, but it has all the necessary amenities that one needs.
The rooms were on the smaller side and both the bedroom and bathrooms could use some updating, but it wasn't so bad that it made the stay unenjoyable. The lighting in the bathroom was my biggest complaint, it was very dim and difficult to see when in the shower.
I also had issues with my TV switching to the weather channel randomly as I watched TV. I knew I wasn't accidentally hitting buttons on the remote, as I made sure the remote was on the (tiny) nightstand away from where I was laying.
The rooms were fairly clean, but I felt there was a lack of attention to detail. For example, one of the trash cans wasn't emptied one day and the ice bucket was left with a puddle of melted ice inside. Were these things a big deal? Nope. Did it ruin my day? Nope. It's things like these though that will continue to make it a 3* hotel and nothing more.
One nice thing is that there is a Flemmings Steakhouse attached. I suppose if you're looking for something more affordable, this could be a negative, but seeing as though most of the clientele that I saw were business folks, I think this is a plus to this hotel.
Would I stay here again? Maybe for work, but certainly not pleasure, as it's not really near anything to do for fun (besides the mall) and it's just an average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Hotel is not your typical Courtyard hotel. This new hotel is located in the heart of Tysons Corner, just 11 miles from downtown Washington DC, and is centrally located between Washington Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport, each just 15 miles from the hotel. We are the closest hotel to the Tysons Corner Metro Station on the Silver Line to be open on July 26th, 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax Hotel Mclean
- Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
- Courtyard Hotel Mclean
- Mclean Marriott
- Mclean Courtyard
- Courtyard Mclean