“This hotel is going down hill fast!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Shenandoah, Virginia
“This hotel is going down hill fast!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I used to love this hotel. There was a certain charm about it. There was an energy at the front desk that made you feel valued. It is all gone. There is no passion at the front desk anymore. I think guest service has gone to wayside here. Even when I use my points I feel like I am wasting them because I am a big service guy. I try to check in late at night. There is a guy named Bryce there who is awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Greetings!

First and foremost, I would like express my sincere appreciation for your feedback regarding our hotel and service. Guest experiences are very important to us and we take every comment and suggestion very seriously.
I have shared your feedback with our team and I can assure you that we will take every step to improve the overall service of our front desk. I would like to speak with you personally to get more feedback from you and see how we can rectify your experience. I can be reached at your convenience at 703-790-0207.
Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,
Christian Guato
Guest Service Manager

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Rooms are new but a bit smaller than average. Staff is courteous, polite and goes the extra distance to assist. Plenty of restaurants a short walk or complimentary shuttle ride away.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Well it says this hotel is a three star while they are lower than 2 stars
No one will help you with your luggages, the AC at the lobby is very cold and among the corridors are very warm. The swimming pool as if you connect 2 Jacuzzi together ( very small) the gym few machine in a dull room let you lose some cols and then spend a lot of many in drink to recover from room sadness. The people working at the reception very rod except one or 2. Above all that the price is expensive competing to the quality and the service you got. Same price you can have better service and quality such as sheraton primer and embassy suit or crown plaza in Tyson area. I really appeal to marriot to re Evaluate the management and the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Greetings!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us during your trip to the Washington DC Area. Your comments and feedback are most certainly appreciated and will be addressed.

I am disappointed that you experienced an unsatisfactory stay with us and I can assure you that our team has taken the necessary steps to address the issues you mentioned. I would like to personally speak with you regarding your stay so that we can rectify your experience. I can be reached at the hotel via phone at 703-790-0207.

Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,
Christian Guato
Guest Service Manager Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very average hotel, nothing horrible but nothing outstanding either. In DC for business about once every couple of months. Previously stayed at other area hotels and wanted to try a different hotel chain. Other area hotels have left a more favourable impression. This one was clean and safe place to stay but bland. I think they need to fine tune some aspects of customer service. Staff are not overly warm and welcoming but helpful when approached. Would have liked to see the staff look up and acknowledge people coming into the hotel with a smile. Breakfast buffet is not extensive but serves it's purpose and perhaps a few dollars overpriced. Has free WiFi that works quite well. This hotel is great value for the area.

Hotel was quiet, no issues with noise. Bed and pillows were comfortable. It is located directly across the street from Tyson's Corner Center and Tyson's Galleria, two good malls if you are into shopping. Wide selection of good restaurants in the area and food courts within the shopping centre. Shuttle service was a nice bonus, allowing us to get around to the metro station and other places within the three mile limit. The area is also well serviced by public transportation (bus service to/from the Metro Station). No real convenience or grocery stores within walking distance for drinks and snacks. Also nice was the boarding pass printing station in the lobby. Hard to access hotel by car if you don't know the area well. The hotel address doesn't do well with the GPS partly because of construction in the area blocking direct access. Make sure you have a real map of the area to plan your route or call hotel staff beforehand to get directions. Room did have a mini fridge and there was complimentary coffee/tea station in the lobby in the mornings.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was there for one night last week. It's in the busy Tysons Corner area. The lobby is up-to-date, but the rooms are average.

Good wifi speed in the rooms - which is included, no extra fee.
The bathroom is the average Courtyard bathroom, but the shower is really dark based on the placement of the light and the heavy curtain. Shower pressure was pretty good.
The bed was soft, but I was so tired I could've slept on the floor.

The gym has some very basic and old LifeFitness machines - which are in great shape - but really define the base models.

It's about 30 minutes into DC - with plenty of traffic to make that a longer trip.

Overall, I would only stay here again if I needed to be in the area. If I need DC, I'll stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed for one night here for a family getaway. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza right next to this hotel the weekend before, so we wanted to try the Courtyard as well since the location of this hotel was ideal for us. When we checked in to our room, our 2 yr old toddler found an empty bottle of vodka under the bed. Maybe there was a party in the room the night before. Immediately called the front desk and they switched our room to another floor and apologized for the inconvenience. Front desk person was very friendly and considerate. Other room was fine, but the room was little bit crowded with oversized furnitures. Mini-fridge in the room was handy. We ordered a steak and rubens sandwich for dinner from the room service and food was very good. The pool was small but adequate for our family. We stayed with the breakfast pkg (paid $104 and tax) which was great. Breakfast buffet had lots of choices including make your own omelette and the staff at the breakfast buffet was very professional and pleasant. Also, hotel location was by far the best. Close to everything!!

Overall, the stay was great and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Vending machine on the 7th floor is loud