“Great location, nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia, USA
“Great location, nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Very clean hotel. The room was very nice although the mattress was not particularly comfortable. The sink area outside the bathroom was rather small but the accommodations were otherwise quite spacious. It's a little tricky to find the entrance to the hotel, which is set prominently along Chain Bridge Road right across the street from the mall. The rate was reasonable and parking was free! Breakfast was not included with the room; it was a rather small buffet but the food was good and reasonably priced. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear MargaretVirginia_USA,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to hear what our guests have to say about their experience.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your stay and that we were able to make you feel welcomed. We hope that the mattress wasn’t too uncomfortable, we try to select mattresses that are comfortable for everyone but because of the wide variety of preferences that isn’t possible. We are glad that you found the hotel so quickly as that can be a bit tricky. Our front desk team is always happy to help provide directions to help our guests find us quickly.

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you.

The Courtyard Tysons Corner Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were happy the rooms here were not crammed so we had space to spread out a little more than the average hotel room with double beds. It would have been nice to have queen size beds as there certainly was enough room, but the beds were comfortable and the view excellent.
Because they don't have a continental breakfast available we went across to the Tyson's Galleria Mall to the Corner Bakery Cafe for a delicious but a little pricey breakfast.
The pool is only open from 5-10PM because every public pool in Virginia is required to have a lifeguard. The kids were disappointed when they wanted to swim in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello afeistychick,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

We are very happy that you were able to spread out and relax during your stay and not be cramped in a small room. We hope that next time you try our breakfast buffet, we offer a full American buffet and made to order omelets at a comparable price to anywhere else around and you can eat all you want! We are sorry for any inconvenience cause by the pool being closed, as you said it is the law that a pool can only be open with a lifeguard present.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Tyson Corner area.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here during a long weekend in Northern VA and DC. Finding the entrance to the hotel was a little difficult as there was no access from the road the hotel sits along. The area around the hotel is under major construction but noise was not a problem. The Vienna metro park and ride was about 10 minutes away with downtown DC about 30 mins away by METRO. The lobby is above the quality of your standard cookie-cutter Courtyard and the room is pretty much a standard Courtyard room. The hotel also offers free underground parking which was great though getting from your room to the garage does require an elevator switch in the lobby. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value for a long weekend in Northern VA and DC.

Room Tip: Request a room along the back side of the hotel to avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Hello mrc209,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel! It is always good to hear from our guests about their stay.

We are glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize for any inconvenience getting into the hotel. With all of the improvements to the area taking place we recommend that our guests call the hotel directly for the best directions as they can change from week to week.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of the nearby METRO station to get downtown. We are excited because we are expecting the new metro station to open across the street from the hotel in the near future which will be even more convenient for our guests.

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you!

Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed here during a quick visit to see a friend's first photo exhibit in near by Purcelville and it was a wonderful surprise! The price was ideal and we expected much less. The hotel is near all that may be needed to do in the Mclean/Tyson Corner area with the Galleria Mall and the Tyson Corner mall right across the street. Everyone was very helpful and cheerful. On saturday night we went to the lounge on the second floor and the barmaid there was a pure joy and very funny, we had a long day and did not want to venture off for a cocktail, it was a perfect place.
All public rooms were spotless. Our room 1010 was roomy, and again, very clean. Our bed was comfortable. Nice sitting area and a work desk and big windows.
On Sunday we had breakfast in the hotel cafe and also no problems or issues there. Afterwards we headed over to the Meadowbrook Gardens and The Great Falls, all very close distance to the hotel.
We will be returning to the area and willl have no problem choosing the Courtyard for our visit.

Room Tip: there is a shuttle that will take you to the Metro if you need to get into DC
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear OldBridgeRealty,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are always glad to hear about our guests’ stays!

We are very happy that we were able to provide you with such a great experience. We strive to provide our guests with nothing but the best. We are glad that you were able to take full advantage of our great location and explore the malls and what sounds like a lot of Northern Virginia. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the bar tender as she takes special pride in serving our guests in the lounge and really feels like our guests are family. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the room and everything else in the hotel.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed here while attending a wedding in Vienna, VA. It was a great location in the suburbs of DC. It was situated right across the street from an upscale mall and very close to offices. The rooms are business-class. Most everything was up-to-date. Internet access was good and free. Nice size desk with office chair. Flat screen TV. Reasonably comfortable bedding. They have coffee in the rooms as well as in the lobby in the mornings. There is a restaurant, bar, pool and exercise facility.

I recommend this hotel for a good stay in the burbs. This hotel is really close to Dulles. However, we flew into National and found it a really easy commute as well. The metro will be very close once it is extended out to Tysons Corner, making this hotel even more convenient from DC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Hello atltravelm0m,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We love hearing what our guests have to say after they stay with us.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location. We are actually equidistant between Dulles and Reagan Airport so either airport is just as convenient to us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the room and were able to sit back and relax. We are looking forward to the Metro’s extension through Tysons to Dulles airport as well.

The entire team is looking forward to the next time you are in the Tysons Corner area again and we have another chance to serve you.

Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We arrived late; I did call ahead of time and let them know. Upon arrival we were told that they had a lot of people checking in, and basically ran out of king size beds. The clerk told us he was going to upgrade us to a suite and the price would remain the same, which was great. It was a very clean and comfortable room. We did not have a rental car so we used their free shuttle for transportation to the metro. That worked well for us. There was no shuttle to the airport--Dulles was about 35 dollars by cab and 45 dollars by sedan. It was a short walking distance to a restaurant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear arnie548,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We love hearing from our guests about their stay.

We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and were able to go above and beyond while taking care of you. It is also great that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service and the hotel’s location in the heart of Tysons Corner. We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in Tysons Corner.

Sterling
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The first time I stayed at Marriott Courtyard Tysons Corner VA in September, I was overcharged 3 days later. The Hotel Controller and Guest Services Mgr was not able to reach the third party internet rep to charge them of $58 (Internet site I used to book this room). The Controller and Mgr decided to overcharged me the amount of what they are suppose to charge the third party approx $58). My hotel bill for one night became $141.77 with the overcharge. When I saw the overcharge on my Visa, I called the hotel manager (1st call, he said he will credit me) and controller (with 2 phone calls, 1 1/2 week later) and she wanted me to get third party involved so I (the customer) had to get the controller, myself and the third party internet rep on the my phone to connnect so we can talk and resolve the overcharge issue). If the online rate was btwn $83 (third party internet included taxes and fees) and $89 (hotel online rate not including taxes and fees), why would I want to pay $141.77 with the overcharge added on to my hotel bill. Even after I had the Third Party Rep on the phone with this Controller, she still didn't want to release that $58 (approx.) overcharge out of my visa card until the thirdy party rep gives her their credit card # for them to use. I was frustrated on how a well-known hotel would hire someone like her to manage their accounting ledger with no customer service skills. I told the Controller that I will never stay at this hotel again b/c you overcharged me without trying to call the third party internet rep the second time or third time to remedy this situation without me being involved. To add salt to an injury, the Controller said to me "we have that right to charge you." At this point, the third party internet rep can tell that I was not happy with this situation and she has decided to credit my stay from their internet booking so that the Marriott hotel controller doesn't have to do anything to correct the situation since she wasn't budging until she gets a credit card from third party rep.

Anyways, on that same day, I ended up asking the third party internet rep to block this Marriott hotel from my internet account going forward since I do not prefer to deal with this situation again in the future. In the past, I have stayed at Marriott hotels (including J.W. Marriott Brand in HI) plenty of time before but I don't plan to use the Marriott Brand Hotels anytime soon after this terrible experience. I never had any overcharges on my visa card before from any hotels, this is the first and hopefully, the last. I will not be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Christian G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Good Afternoon DarT78,

As the Guest Service Manager of this hotel, I want to first thank you for your recent feedback regarding the billing issue you had experienced at our hotel. Also, I would like to personally apologize for the incorrect billing on your credit card and the overall experience you received. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so we can always strive to improve their experience with us.

It is certainly not customary for these issues to occur, however we do acknowledge this erroneous accidental charge. We have reviewed this issue with our front office team and I can assure you that we have taken the steps and provided the proper re-training so that this error does not repeat itself.

One quick note regarding this situation… while this situation is unacceptable and has been fully resolved, it is worth mentioning that booking through a third party website is always more complicated than making your reservation by calling the hotel directly or through Marriott.com. We highly recommend that our guests make reservations this way so we can more easily and quickly resolve situations similar to yours.

While I understand that the matter was rectified eventually, I would certainly like the opportunity for you to give us another chance to serve you. Please accept our deepest apologies for the troubles you experienced and we hope we can provide you with exceptional guest service.

Regards,
Christian Guato
Guest Services Manager
Courtyard Tysons Corner

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!