“This place is ALWAYS a delight!” 5 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“This place is ALWAYS a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I travel a lot for business. In fact I'm often on travel 50% of the time. One key location for my business travel is the McLean area. When I come up this way I always try to stay at the Courtyard at Tysons Corner.

The folks here always make me feel at home, they look for ways to make my trip as comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. They understand that people on travel miss being at home, and they go out of the way to make me feel like this is home-when-I'm-away-from-home.

I should try to point out specific folks that make this such a great place to stay, but I'm afraid I'd leave someone out. Reception, Courtyard Cafe, Shuttle, room service - everyone is professional, helpful, personable, kind and outgoing!

This is the place I'll always stay when traveling to the DC-metro area!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear BubbaKim,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you feel at home staying with us as traveling can be very stressful.

We will most certainly pass on your comments and recognition to the entire team and I am sure they will be very happy to hear what you said. We are looking forward to the next time you are in the McLean area and we have another opportunity to serve you.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stay almost exclusively at Marriott Hotels when I travel for work and the Courtyard at Tysons Corner has the best service of any. The friendliest people you would ever want to meet. Always willing and able to help and do anything to make your trip go smoother.

Dear Oscar091,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously so we can always strive to improve the service we offer.

We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and the title of your review is truly flattering. We are happy to hear that we were able to make you feel at home. We know how stressful traveling can be so we do our best to make all of our guests feel at home.

We are looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I came on the site to write my review but read the previous ones and don't know what hotel some of the people were staying at because their experiences were nothing like mine. I witnessed the rate controversy incident and want to say that the desk staff acted with nothing but the utmost professionalism. And the last one I am not sure what the person expected in Tysons Corner, VA... there is traffic there, and a lot of it, and there is not a room in the Courtyard that is near both the elevator AND the ice machine. Now as for my stay, I travel extensively for business and want to say that no other hotel staff at a hotel I have ever stayed went to the lengths that the staff here went to making sure my needs were taken care of and made to feel like I was at home and even like family. Everyone from Alexis, Alex, Raquel, Valerie, Emon at the front desk, Sandra and Rebecca in management, shuttle drivers Sam and Mikonan (and sorry to "Mickey" if I spelled his name wrong), to everyone in the restaurant, all went out of their way to make me feel at home, comfortable, and taken care of. A hotel is a hotel... it is the staff that makes it or breaks it.

Room Tip: Ask... don't demand.
Hello bacarde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you have had such a consistently good experience staying with us and that we are able to make you feel at home.

We will definitely pass you compliments on to the team.

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another opportunity to serve you!

Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

The hotel is a good quality Courtyard. The warm cookies at the front desk in the afternoon, the gas fireplace in the lobby are very nice touches. And the quality of the staff are the usual Marriott excellence. On the other hand...

Room 722 has background noise from the street, the Crown Plaza sign across the way, and the elevator, ice machine, and electrical devices making a good night's sleep all but impossible.

The rooms stink of the deodorant they use to cover the smell of smoking - although the hotel is smoke free. The halls and lobby carry a strong odor of chlorine from the pool.

I've stayed here several times and the suites on the higher floors have jacuzzi's in the room - literally next to the bed (a bit weird if you're traveling solo on business).

Overall a good Courtyard next the Tyson's II Mall - but some downcomings give it a depressed review.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to a suite with a jaccuzzi
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Hello demaionewton,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously so that we can always improve our guests' experience.

We are happy to hear that you found the hotel to be in good order for the most part and you enjoy the cookies and fireplace in the lobby. We are also happy to hear that our staff is able to make you feel at home. As traveling can be very stressful we do everything that we can to help our guests.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the ambient noise during the night. We appreciate you telling us about the noises coming from the Ice Machine so we can address this issue immediately. We do apologize for the noise coming fro the street and the sign from the hotel next door. Unfortunately there is a lot of construction in the Tysons Corner area and most hotels have this problem right now. We are always happy to move you to a new room, if available, as getting a good night's sleep is so important we want to do whatever we can to help our guests get one.

We hope that we will be able to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

It's a true story you should read before your stay. Two nights for this weekend were booked in the first at the rate of $179 which was told by the operator that includes the breakfast and room service. Because I came to DC one day earlier I booked another night at $99 rate. The unbelievable ridiculous things started from here:
In the second day morning I was told that I won't have breakfast any more. I checked online rate, which you can still see now, $179 DOES includes breakfast. Then I called the customer service through the number on Marriott website, they found some changes were made but they were not sure and they could not explain anything. Then I went to the front desk ask them to check, the people were impolite at all. And they said nothing was changed. And they said, if there was anyone told us we would have breakfast, that people must made a mistake. They apologize but they will not do anything to make up. Then what's the difference between $99 and $179 booked on the same day? NONE! And they could not print out any proof of what type of my room was booked! they just said they could only see the logs from their own screen. Can you believe that?
I'm too angry at their attitude and non-reputation words. Not to mention that they hang up my calls, ignore my request etc. BTW, the air conditioner is noisy and the curtain could not hide the light...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Ariellelh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of you experience at our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously to always improve their experience staying with us.

We are very concerned to hear about the experience you had. We launched an extensive investigation to determine exactly why these issues came up. We were able to determine that the original rate that you booked was a locally negotiated rate with a company that uses us as a preferred hotel for their business travelers. This rate has never included breakfast and we are not sure why you would have been told otherwise. We are currently working with our operators to ensure they are up to date on all accounts. The $99 dollar rate that you were offered for the additional night you stayed was on a weekend night when the rates are less and that rate also does not include breakfast. We do apologize for any confusion regarding why two different rates would have the same offerings but the difference in price is solely due to the day of the week you stayed not the day you booked it.

The reason that the front desk agent wasn’t able to print the screen from our system is due to security reasons. We keep information about our guests in the system and as a precaution to secure this information it is impossible for anyone to print while using it.

We do apologize again for any inconvenience that you experienced with this confusion with the rates. We are reviewing with our entire team how to most efficiently convey the correct information to our guests.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove to you that we are dedicated to providing excellent service to all of our guests.

Malakoff, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I absolutely loved the three days I spent at this Marriott. Beautiful room, extremely clean. Very helpful staff, went out of their way to be helpful. I could not be more pleased.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Hello lhumble,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate all of the reviews we get.

We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience while you were staying with us. We are happy to hear that you liked our rooms and that the staff could make you feel right at home and take care of everything you needed.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Team
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Where to start - After two nights of no sleep at this establishment I hardly know where to begin. The air conditioner runs like an 18 wheeler idling at a Route 66 truck stop, circa 1980 - and I think that was the year the hotel last bought sheets for the bed too, so if you are planning to stay here, bring your own linens. The bedding is cotton/polyester and the pillows have pretty much turned to clumps of something inside of them. So if you have an extra cotton t-shirt, you can put it over the worn-thin polyester pillow cases and cozy up. You'll want to bring something to wear on your feet at all times - I don't know when the last time they cleaned the carpet here might have been - but I guarantee you don't want to walk around on it. And you'll want to carry an extra battery to change the one in the smoke alarm - mine chirped all through the night. Management is happy to send engineering to change it for you, but you'll have to sort of "get dressed" to let them in, bleery-eyed, at 2:30a.m. The vanity area is completely unacceptable, being exactly big enough to hold the coffee maker (4 cup) and 2 cups - not large enough to hold a shaving kit or to do your makeup on.... so plan to do your makeup in your "business area". The hair dryer doesn't even fit in the vanity - it actually hangs on its own little hook in the closet. You can stay at any $64.00/nite roadside hotel in America and have at least as good an experience as you'll have here at the Courtyard by Marriott. Excuse me, I have to go down to my rent car and get some sleep ....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Dear Journeymun,

I would like to start by saying thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so that we know what exactly we need to improve to create an excellent stay from our guests’ perspective.

I would like to start by saying that we are currently in the planning stages of a major renovation to the hotel. We know that the upgrades we will be making will greatly improve the overall quality of the hotel and address/fix the issues that you had during your stay.

At the Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax we are committed to providing each of our guests, exemplary service and to exceed their expectations to create an experience that provides them everything they expect plus a little bit more.

We apologize for the inconveniences that prevented you from getting a sound night’s sleep since that is the most important part of staying at a hotel. We would like to thank you for bringing the noise of the air conditioners to our attention. We did know that some of them are starting to get worn out and we are in the process of replacing them as quickly as we can. Unfortunately it sounds like we hadn’t replaced the unit in your room before your stay.

We would like to also thank you for bringing the quality of the sheets and pillows to our attention as well. We typically replace these items as soon as they are worn out and we will make sure that the housekeeping team is reminded and re-trained as necessary to remove the worn out bedding to ensure we always have the highest quality bedding for our guests. We have also started a program to have all of the carpets professionally cleaned and shampooed on a regular basis so that the condition your room’s carpet was in doesn’t happen again.

We are sorry that you had trouble sleeping because of the chirping noise you heard in your room. However the smoke detectors in our guestrooms are wired into the building’s power and security systems. This is a more reliable way to keep our guests safe so that the smoke detectors always work. Regardless of the source of the chirping noise it was undoubtedly an inconvenience and we are looking into all possible sources of this noise so that we can address the situation immediately.

We are looking into alternative options to remedy the issue that you had with the vanity. Unfortunately this is not as easy of a fix because of the constraints that the design of the room put on that space. We are committed however to finding a solution that will remedy the space issue and satisfy our guests.

We hope that you will give us a second chance so that we can prove to you we are committed to making the necessary improvements to remedy the issues during your stay and provide you with an excellent experience where you get everything you expect plus a little more.

The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Team

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!