“Be careful of this hotel, they billed my credit card even though i booked through priceline” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersBronze level
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in oct 2010 and they billed my credit card even though I had booked and paid through priceline. This was despite me realising the mistake and advising them on the morning of my departure. They reassured me that they had only placed a "charge" on my credit card but the amount was still debited when I received my credit card bill. Even worse, the amount they billed was less than what I had paid through priceline. So priceline is not that good value after all?

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I typically love Embassy Suites. However, this one was so disappointing. There was NO hot water - imagine lukewarm showers for a four day stay... it wasn't nice. Also, the bed linens were worn and had a hole/ cigarette burn. Gross!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Best part of this Hotel is the free/ant time shuttle to the Metro train station, local restaurants,and the shopping mall. We drove there from Alabama and parked our car and didn't have to move it until we were leaving Va.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

The room was great and I felt very safe. The hot breakfast and the manager's reception were the best I have seen yet. I tried drinks I've never had before. All the kitchen and bar people were very friendly and accommodating. We were very pleased with our overall experience there and will plan to stay there again when in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

1. Small mixup in room but really enjoyed the one we ended up in. 2. Service in lobby resturant was quite slow. 3. You should go back to 4 cup coffee pots in the rooms. Individual cup makers aren't good if more that one person in the room. 4. Shuttle drivers do very well considering all the construction that is going on around there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a month with my family including small children while moving/waiting for a house to be renovated. I chose it largely because of the breakfast, happy hour, pool, and kitchenette in the room as well as the suite setup. Overall, I was disappointed. While the staff were generally cheerful and helpful, the room was smaller than we were hoping (and, I feel, smaller than other Embassy Suites I've stayed at in the past, perhaps.) The kitchenette is a tiny fridge, tiny sink, and microwave - no dishes, silverware, or anything else. The hotel overall felt a bit run down and could use a facelife. There seemed to be some ongoing maintenance issues. One elevator was broken for over two weeks of our stay, leading to long waits for the remaining elevator at busy times. The air-conditioning in our room was awful: if you set the temperature, to, for example, 72 degree, the AC would blow cold air until the room reached a temperature of 72, then blow hot air. During the 95 degree days of August, to be in a room blowing hot air was unpleasant to say the least. We called and asked for someone to look at the AC or fix it, but it made no difference. One of our TV remotes was not working when we arrived in the room as well. Another day the printers available at the computer/internet station in the lobby were not working, which was problematic when I needed to print something and was in a hurry. These are basic maintenance issues that should be taken care of. The bed in the bedroom area was saggy in the middle and almost too soft to be comfortable. Probably due to age. The breakfast and manager's reception were okay. After a month, the food gets really old, but for a day or two it is probably fine. It would be nice to have a litlte more variety at breakfast.
I have to say, however, that the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. In particular the maid who took care of our room each day was great. We were on a very irregular schedule (compared to most business and leisure travelers who are out of the hotel room for most of the day) and she was great about coming back when we needed her, providing extra towels, and keeping our room in tiptop shape.
Pool and exercise room were fine.
Traffic in the area is awful and the construction is a huge bear. However traffic is *always* awful in this area, so it goes with the location. This hotel will certainly benefit when the construction is completed as the new Metro station will be practically at the front door.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Excellent price and location, included complimentary extras were cook to order breakfast, manager's reception, shuttle service to the Metro, shuttle service to shopping mall and wide range of restaurants.
We parked the car upon arrival, didn't drive until we left.
Desk Personel - recognized and greeted me by name every time we entered or left AND no we didn't do anything out of the ordinary!!
Breakfast cook remembered my allergy and made certain to use a clean utensil
Shuttle drivers were friendly and professional - never had a longer than 15 minute wait!
Only negative, there was road construction in front of the hotel and they started by 6am on Thursday and Friday mornings. On the weekend, it was quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!