“Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner, a good pick if you are going to DC.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville
“Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner, a good pick if you are going to DC.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Tysons Corner over the 4th of July weekend for a family vacation. We had a stay at least 3 nights 25% off rate on a 2 room king suite. Being a member of the HHonors club paid off because we also got free internet access which normally costs 9.95 a day.

The staff was cordial, providing printed out directions to the attractions we wanted to visit. Check-in was smooth and we had arrived just in time for the happy hour which consisted of free drinks and heavy, heavy hours d'oerves. The room was very spacious with an office/sitting area with a sofabed and flat screen tv and a separate bedroom w/ a king size bed and another tv. My daughter was thrilled to have her "own room.
The complimentary made to order breakfast the next morning and each morning was excellent. Made to order omlettes and other fare was plentiful..This was a huge money saver!
We used the shuttle to the metro and the ride there was great, the driver was taking extra, unscheduled trips to the station (Dunn Loring Station)and the trip took a matter of minutes. The return trip was not so convenient, however. When we returned, however we had to wait almost an hour for a pickup despite repeated calls to the hotel. The next day we drove to another, closer (West Falls Church) metro stop. I just like the luxury of going on my own time.

We didn't have time to experience the malls, but the property is very close to Tyson's Corner and The Galleria.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel because of the value and comfort and proximity to everything.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I saw a couple of reviews for this hotel with not-so-good comments, but I had absolutely no problems. Staff was outstanding and helpful. When the shuttle to the Metro stop was full the assistant manager grabbed another van and drove us there personally. Room was as usual for Embassy Suites - very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. And by staying for three nights we got a really good rate - less than we paid the next night for a far less quality room and hotel far from DC. I'm coming back to this one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel maybe eight times in the last five years, and it's normally been a pleasant experience. Last time there were three things wrong with the room, two of which were corrected promptly, but I thought that it was just bad luck. Based on my experience this time I conclude that they are slipping.

First (and this is NOT the fault of the hotel), it's much more difficult to get into the hotel's parking lot because of a long-duration construction project (they tell me that there is a new Metro underground transportation line going in). Once I arrived, I was given a room key that didn't work. After I got a room key that worked, I determined that they had given me the wrong room type--something other than what I had reserved. (As a Hilton HHonors gold card customer I'm not used to getting an involuntary *downgrade* in room type.) They cheerfully switched to me to a room of the correct type, but gave me a key that didn't work once again. Another trip down to the lobby resulted in a key that didn't work a THIRD time. Finally, I got a key that worked on one try out of four or five times.

By the time I got settled into the room it was time for Happy Hour, which takes place in the atrium. I know that Embassy Hotels are almost always designed around a central atrium, but the atrium just seems so darned dark in this hotel, even in the middle of the day. Perhaps they have "de-lamped" excessively at this particular property. Mind you, the gloom doesn't keep me from appreciating my free wine, but it's just not a great place for hanging out in.

After Happy Hour I ate in the restaurant, as I have during several previous trips. Apparently the price of the menu item that I ordered had been increased but they have not yet reprinted their menus. I asked the server about the discrepancy between the bill and the menu and, after explaining that the price had gone up, he gave me the item for the old price. It's OK to raise the prices, but I don't think they should lead customers to believe menu items are one price when they're really being offered at a higher cost.

That said, the restaurant staff members do an outstanding job on breakfast. During this particular trip, the hotel was hosting 100+ junior high school students who all ate breakfast at the same time that I did. The fact that the staff kept the breakfast items coming smoothly under these circumstances was a commendable achievement.

Given the problems getting into the hotel and the little slip-ups that seem to be happening here, in the future I am planning to stay solely in the Hilton Tyson's Corner that is located two or three miles away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

This was the first time me and my family had ever travels to the USA and this hotel was absolutely fantastic.
The rooms were great because they're split in to two. The front rooms was complete: Arm-chair; Sofa with a fold out bed (which is very comfortable); 27" Television; Work Desk and chair; a fridge; a Microwave oven and a coffee maker. The main bedroom has a greatly comfortable bed (with lot of fancy pillows) and another 27" TV. These rooms are split into so their ideal for familys as it gives everyone their own space. The Bathroom is also fantastic and has a Bath/Shower, Face cloths(replaced daily) and all your standerd hotel things.
The Breakfast, I think, is great for everyone as it has a selection of cooked food inc. Pancakes, omlets made fresh, scrambaled egg ect, making it feel like your at home (with a cook :) )
The staff and the local Americans are probably and friendliest people I've ever met. They dont treat you as 'one-of-those' either, their friendly from when you enter, right up until you leave.
The facilities are also compelmentry. The pool, FREEZING when we went even though indoor but still great. The gym, although small it looked great: 3 treadmills; those wieght-balls. It also has a 'Buisseness Centre' which has 3 PC's, Printer and Telephone and as far as we know also complementry. A shuttle service that take you to most places inc. the near Metro Station (Dun Lorring) and the Local Tysons Corner Centre(Mall) which is huge. And it take you back again.
To conclude this HOTEL IS FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Mantua, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

We stayed at the Embassy Hotel because of the location to DC we were there for the DC Race for Hope, and wanted a less expensive hotel room than the ones in the heart of DC, yes it was less expensive at the Embassy but the quality was unmatched, great rate of 99.00 including cooked to order breakfast, and a managers reception at night, nice pool heated indoor, kids loved that, beds were quite comfy no complaints, loved the fact that the kids had their own flat panel tv, and extra privacy as this was a two room suite, overall A+ on service, and affordability.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

This Embassy is awesome and friendly staff! Rooms also awesome.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
queens ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

The room was clean and comfortable ,and the layout of the hotel is differant from any other I have been in. When you come out of your room the walkway is like a balcony where you are looking down into the lobby and there are plants hanging over the railing at every floor and the ceiling is a skylight. In the morning the will make your eggs or omelet the way you want it, and it is free.The only bad things I have to say about the room is that someone was smoking in there and I asked for a no smoking room. The smell was not terrible but it was there. In the bathroom, there was no toilet paper holder so the roll sat on the counter and the water pressure in the shower was not strong and it took a while before the hot water got up to the 8th floor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!