“One of the Best Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“One of the Best Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Vienna, Va, in the Tysons Corner area. The hotel offers a "happy hour" from 5:30pm - 7:30pm every evening. In addition to an open bar, light snacks are provided. After drinks, my wife and I ordered a pizza from their dining room menu and it was really good, much better than we expected from a non-Italian restaurant. Their breakfast buffet is awesome and plentiful. The hotel is well managed and in great condition. When the DC Metro station is completed, it will be in walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the courtyard and are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
virginia beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Location is excellent, but not much else. The hotel is older and really a little tired, upgrades badly needed. My biggest concern is with the cleanliness. There was a pee stain on the floor when I arrived that they never cleaned. The vent in the bathroom was caked with what seemed like years of dust. Whole thing really left a bad taste in my mouth. I would not stay here again if the room was free. Sorry Hilton. Usually love your brand!

• Stayed November 2012
ESTYSONS, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback on your recent stay with us. It is clear that your experience fell well short of your expectations, and far from our normal high standards of service and cleanliness. We operate with a passion and pride for ensuring our guests comfort and satisfaction, and although we clearly dropped the ball on your recent stay, I hope you trust that we will utilize your feedback to further raise our standards and commitment to excellence. I do hope you give us another chance to show you our true colors and genuine hospitality that has ranked us amongst the top hotels in our area here on Tripadvisor. Feel free to reach out to me directly if there is ever anything we can do to make The Embassy Suites Tysons Corner your first choice here in Northern Virginia.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Excellent service. Friendly staff. Comfortable suite. Sumpytuous breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour!! If you are more than two in the group, you have use the couch as an extra bed. Thats not very comfy. While internet is obiquitous today, you still need to pay extra if you want it. Make it a point to enjoy a nice hot breakfast and the evening cocktail (which I couldnt make it)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel represents the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. Each person we encountered who worked at this property was smiling, warm, friendly, and super helpful. We appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness of this staff. The bartender at the managers' reception was exceptional.
We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was happy with this hotel from check in to check out. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. The suite I had was very clean and spacious. When I checked in that evening I was a little tired from a 12 hour drive so I was glad to find out that I could get something to nibble on from the Manager's reception instead of having to go out to find something to eat elsewhere. The free hot breakfast was excellent. I really liked the fact that it had eggs cooked to order along with many of my breakfast favorites. My hotel stay was made even better when I was able to pick up my car rental there instead of having to go to the airport where I had originally reserved a vehicle. My total stay was top notch!

Room Tip: Higher floors give you better view of city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Paying almost $300 per night for a hotel , you expect the minimum . When you call the reception nobody unswer , the staff is not flexible, the rooms were dirty , the heat was not working , the cleaning knocked on the door at 8.15 am saying you are checking out today , I can go on and on and on ......
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone , our stay was a very bad experience , I came back sick from the dust allergy .

Room Tip: Do not book a room at this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ESTYSONS, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
First off, Please accept our sincere apologies for not executing to our high level of standards and failing to show you our great value during your recent stay. Ensuring a clean and welcoming environment are cornerstones to great hospitality, and ones that we execute consistantly with our guests, but clearly here we came up short and let you down, and for that I am truly sorry. Our team would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to have you back so we can show you our passion for hospitality and our attention to a detailed level of cleanliness that you did not experience on your first stay. We hope you give us another chance to show you our true colors and warm hospitality. Thank you again for your feedback!
Wmsbg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Embassy Tysons for 5 nights and we loved it. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. The service was great as the front desk crew was so courteous and spoke to us each and every time we entered and departed the hotel (the basket of fresh cold apples at the desk was a nice touch!) . The General Manager, Ryan, runs a good shop there and we felt like royalty. He's very professional. Spacious 2-room suite allows the comfort of a seperated living space from the bedroom, and the entire hotel is so clean and tidy. Travellers will love the location and its close distance to D.C. and my wife loved the proximity to Tyson's Mall, and all the great shopping. Just take their convenient, complimentary shuttle. Breakfast is sooo good and every guest passed our table smiling. Whether its a group, individual or family trip, you're smart if you stay here. I've stayed here for business trips and have told everyone its the best all-around value. Yes, we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!