“Love to come back!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Love to come back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Excellent service. Friendly staff. Comfortable suite. Sumpytuous breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour!! If you are more than two in the group, you have use the couch as an extra bed. Thats not very comfy. While internet is obiquitous today, you still need to pay extra if you want it. Make it a point to enjoy a nice hot breakfast and the evening cocktail (which I couldnt make it)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel represents the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. Each person we encountered who worked at this property was smiling, warm, friendly, and super helpful. We appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness of this staff. The bartender at the managers' reception was exceptional.
We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was happy with this hotel from check in to check out. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. The suite I had was very clean and spacious. When I checked in that evening I was a little tired from a 12 hour drive so I was glad to find out that I could get something to nibble on from the Manager's reception instead of having to go out to find something to eat elsewhere. The free hot breakfast was excellent. I really liked the fact that it had eggs cooked to order along with many of my breakfast favorites. My hotel stay was made even better when I was able to pick up my car rental there instead of having to go to the airport where I had originally reserved a vehicle. My total stay was top notch!

Room Tip: Higher floors give you better view of city.
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Paying almost $300 per night for a hotel , you expect the minimum . When you call the reception nobody unswer , the staff is not flexible, the rooms were dirty , the heat was not working , the cleaning knocked on the door at 8.15 am saying you are checking out today , I can go on and on and on ......
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone , our stay was a very bad experience , I came back sick from the dust allergy .

Room Tip: Do not book a room at this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ESTYSONS, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
First off, Please accept our sincere apologies for not executing to our high level of standards and failing to show you our great value during your recent stay. Ensuring a clean and welcoming environment are cornerstones to great hospitality, and ones that we execute consistantly with our guests, but clearly here we came up short and let you down, and for that I am truly sorry. Our team would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to have you back so we can show you our passion for hospitality and our attention to a detailed level of cleanliness that you did not experience on your first stay. We hope you give us another chance to show you our true colors and warm hospitality. Thank you again for your feedback!
Wmsbg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Embassy Tysons for 5 nights and we loved it. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. The service was great as the front desk crew was so courteous and spoke to us each and every time we entered and departed the hotel (the basket of fresh cold apples at the desk was a nice touch!) . The General Manager, Ryan, runs a good shop there and we felt like royalty. He's very professional. Spacious 2-room suite allows the comfort of a seperated living space from the bedroom, and the entire hotel is so clean and tidy. Travellers will love the location and its close distance to D.C. and my wife loved the proximity to Tyson's Mall, and all the great shopping. Just take their convenient, complimentary shuttle. Breakfast is sooo good and every guest passed our table smiling. Whether its a group, individual or family trip, you're smart if you stay here. I've stayed here for business trips and have told everyone its the best all-around value. Yes, we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Ridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I try to give hotels the benefit of the doubt. Usually something positive emerges in a bad stay that you can talk about. Alas, my recent stay at the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner did not meet any of these criteria.

This hotel is poorly run, from top to bottom; from reservations to rooms to food service. Read my story for an entertaining tale and know that I do not recommend Embassy Suites Tysons Corner in any way for anybody.

Every hotel has a bad day and with the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner, we had three of them. I wanted a short easy vacation with my family and believed the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner would offer that opportunity. I was wrong. The entire reason I chose the hotel was because they told me they could get a specific channel on TV. Without going into a lot of detail, it was very important to see a show on this channel, due to a family member being featured on national TV. This show was the core of our vacation and the entire reason i chose to stay at the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner. Three people I spoke to said they received this channel. They were all incorrect. After three calls to the reservations desk to confirm they had the ONE amenity I needed, they all said they received the specific channel – they don’t, although the reservations desk continued to tell me they did.

Of course, I made the reservations, dropped hundreds of dollars to stay, arrived, and found out they were wrong the entire time. I could easily say it was bait and switch, or that thy said it just to get my money. I think it is more accurate to say their reservations people are clueless and should not be trusted to find out critical information about their hotel. Their consistent wrong answers were simply second rate, bush league, customer service. And that is only the beginning. When told about the problem, the Manager of the hotel made sure to seize defeat from the hand of victory. Did they have a TV that could receive the certain channel I needed? Yes. Was it available? No – the game was on that night and the manager could not allow it to be used for anything else. This short-sighted tactical mindset is something that undermines customer service – we could have filled that bar with people simply due to the great family story that came with it. Nope, the manager could not see it. Thus, we went to a local mall, spent more hundreds of dollars in another restaurant elsewhere, when all of that could have gone to the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner. So, I guess they get a two circle score just because they do not understand the hotel business.

Another indicator? Pay as you go internet. Anyone who reads my reviews knows that I think pay as you go internet is the modern equivalent of paying for towels. And those hotels who do it normally have free internet in the lobby (very slooooow internet), but you can at least use it to check your mail. Not here. At the Tyson's Corner Embassy Suites, you pay for everything—another way I have heard this referred to is ‘nickle and diming the patron. But wait – there is more – the room we were in did not have a comforter for the fold out bed – another indicator of lack of leadership. Beware of the air conditioner -- all night long -- 80 decibels on the meter app we downloaded. Like sleeping in wind tunnel. I am not even going to go into the 10 minutes we had to wait for a drink at the ‘Manager’s reception’ because there was only one bartender (who was working his tail off). Eventually a manager came out to assist but that was a shadow of the help needed. There was no food for the manager’s reception until 15 minutes after it had begun. The second day was no improvement, having to wait over 12 minutes just to get a drink at the ‘reception.’ Breakfast, highly touted by Embassy Suites Tysons Corner was fine, except for the non-smiling staff and the nice staff lady who elbowed me out of the way in front of the coffee so she could put the grounds in the machine. She never said excuse me and then stepped in front of the elderly lady who stood between her and refilling the sugar bowls. The poor older lady almost lost her balance as the worker moved in front of her.

This hotel is poorly run and led, from the reservations to the management to the food service. I will not stay here again and I do not recommend this hotel for any type of stay. During my stay my temper ran from flat angry to frustrated to disappointed. They should know how to do better.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback in regards to your recent stay. First off, My sincere apologies that we fell well short of your expectations and our high standards by which we consistantly operate. The fact you were misinfored on a number of occassions was disappointing and we will be sure to take this feedback to only make our hotel better and our team more informed. We pride ourselves on our great service and wonderful product, so in these rare times when we fall short of expectations we want to be sure we get it right for all future stays. I do hope you come back and join us again soon so we can show you are true colors and genuine hospitality. Thank you again.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed 3 nights last weekend. Corner King Executive great for my husand & kids. Breakfast was delicious & had many options including made to order omelettes. Staff extremely friendly from check in on. Visit Great Falls too, it was beautiful.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!