“nice relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Durham, North Carolina
“nice relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was greeted with a smile and the person checked me in quickly and efficiently even though it was almost midnight. It was easy to find from the directions. The person explained how the buildings were set up numerically so I could easily find my room. There was a very nice courtyard with places to sit, the pool was clean and looked very relaxing!- a little chilly for me though! The seminar I was going to was at a different hotel but I could walk there safely. There were a lot of lunch type restaurants and a few pricier dinner places that were still within walking distance but would have been more of a hike. My room included a fridge and a microwave. Walmart was within walking distance. There was a lot of noise on Friday night but was soon quietened by someone from the office.
I was very happy with the amenities and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The balcony side on the courtyard is quieter for roadside noise but more noisy for guest noise. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lexington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The guy at front desk was unfriendly, didn't know how to handle prepaid reservations. The hotel had no elevator so I had to WALK to my room. I went to the odd numbered section of the hotel but i had an even numbered room so I had to walk all the way around to the other section of the hotel. By the time I got to my room, everyone else in my tour group was asleep. The rooms were dirty and the wifi was horrible, it kept switching on and off. I checked for mites but couldn't tell. When I woke up in the morning I had a big ugly bite on my ankle and when I took my morning shower the water wouldn't turn on. I called front desk and I said my shower wasn't working they didn't respond. What kind of service is this? Thank goodness I stayed there for only one night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dagsboro, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Generally above average. Lots of tour and training groups use the hotel. Close to many attractions, shopping and restaurants. Staff is usually helpful and try to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are a little dated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am partially quoting a friend who lives in the area, that this Comfort Inn is "an oasis" in the middle of a busy area of Northern Virginia (what's NOt crazy there?!?). It's quiet, for the most part, with virtually no Rt. 7 noise, even though it is only a block to Rt. 7 and the new Metro station.

In season, the pool makes for a wonderful retreat from all the chaos of No. VA.

It is my choice of places to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had two purposes for staying at the Comfort Inn Tyson's Corner, Vienna, VA. Our first reason for staying at this property was because of its closeness to our extended family. I had a baby shower for my eldest niece that weekend. Also, it was chosen because of its tourist activities near Washington, D.C. The hotel was quite large with guests from many different countries. The room was adequate with a mini-micro and fridge. Service was okay in this hotel. There were many guests on tour buses from Japan. On the first morning there, we timed our breakfast at the same time as the tourists were eating to then board their buses for DC. It was hectic to be in line for breakfast and waiting for a table to awhile. When we found a table for four, we invited an older couple from Saudi-Arabia to share breakfast together. I prefer a hotel where the room entries are on the inside of the building. This one was a park your car and walk to the outside facing door of your room. This is fine for one night in passing through an area, but not adequate for a few days. Very small bathroom with sink and vanity outside of the bathroom and in the room. The grounds were nicely maintained. Picking up a bus tour to DC would be very easy from the location of this inn. A new metro station was with in a city block from this hotel.
Finding restaurants nearby was not feasible. This hotel provided a few great amenities, but for the most part it was just adequate for our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The guy at the front desk was rude from the minute I walked in. He wouldn't look up my loyalty number, he mumbled things I couldn't hear, and told me to park in front and grab a side elevator. I unpacked and went to find my room. It was way, way way in the back, a very long walk with all of my stuff.He was a jerk. The room was so small it was hard to get past the bed to the bathroom, and someone had smoked in it. The blankets smelled of smoke. Internet went on and off and would not stay connected. I could hear people in the rooms on either side of me. This place in a big huge NO. Don't do it. Unless you like the pain.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

After much ado, we finally realized there was a mix-up in my room when I registered and the staff and I realized (2 days later) the error was with the desk clerk when I checked in ~ he needs a bit of training I think. I reserved an accessible room which normally has the tall toilet with appropriate hand rails and room for a wheel chair to get through. This was not that room!! I did have an unwanted guest one night. There was a bug that had made it all the way up onto the bed. No, it was NOT a bedbug, it was just the garden type variety of bug and I think it was from the beautiful flowery gazebo area in the interior courtyard which I would give them a B+ for. The breakfast area was always busy from the many, many tour buses there each morning but the food was adequate. The rooms are dingy and do need updating. The bathroom was a good size but again, it was an "accessible" bathroom (for a wheelchair) but yet, the door was not wide enough for a wheel chair. I did speak with the manager. He was kind and listened to my concerns. Like I said, I am not a hotel snob but it just is not up to what I've seen in the Comfort Inns and I'm sure not up to the Choicehotel standards. One last thing, I had to use the night stand for my computer table because there were no plugs at the "desk" they provided. I did take photos but decided not to post them......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!