“An oasis in middle of chaos” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“An oasis in middle of chaos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am partially quoting a friend who lives in the area, that this Comfort Inn is "an oasis" in the middle of a busy area of Northern Virginia (what's NOt crazy there?!?). It's quiet, for the most part, with virtually no Rt. 7 noise, even though it is only a block to Rt. 7 and the new Metro station.

In season, the pool makes for a wonderful retreat from all the chaos of No. VA.

It is my choice of places to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had two purposes for staying at the Comfort Inn Tyson's Corner, Vienna, VA. Our first reason for staying at this property was because of its closeness to our extended family. I had a baby shower for my eldest niece that weekend. Also, it was chosen because of its tourist activities near Washington, D.C. The hotel was quite large with guests from many different countries. The room was adequate with a mini-micro and fridge. Service was okay in this hotel. There were many guests on tour buses from Japan. On the first morning there, we timed our breakfast at the same time as the tourists were eating to then board their buses for DC. It was hectic to be in line for breakfast and waiting for a table to awhile. When we found a table for four, we invited an older couple from Saudi-Arabia to share breakfast together. I prefer a hotel where the room entries are on the inside of the building. This one was a park your car and walk to the outside facing door of your room. This is fine for one night in passing through an area, but not adequate for a few days. Very small bathroom with sink and vanity outside of the bathroom and in the room. The grounds were nicely maintained. Picking up a bus tour to DC would be very easy from the location of this inn. A new metro station was with in a city block from this hotel.
Finding restaurants nearby was not feasible. This hotel provided a few great amenities, but for the most part it was just adequate for our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The guy at the front desk was rude from the minute I walked in. He wouldn't look up my loyalty number, he mumbled things I couldn't hear, and told me to park in front and grab a side elevator. I unpacked and went to find my room. It was way, way way in the back, a very long walk with all of my stuff.He was a jerk. The room was so small it was hard to get past the bed to the bathroom, and someone had smoked in it. The blankets smelled of smoke. Internet went on and off and would not stay connected. I could hear people in the rooms on either side of me. This place in a big huge NO. Don't do it. Unless you like the pain.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

After much ado, we finally realized there was a mix-up in my room when I registered and the staff and I realized (2 days later) the error was with the desk clerk when I checked in ~ he needs a bit of training I think. I reserved an accessible room which normally has the tall toilet with appropriate hand rails and room for a wheel chair to get through. This was not that room!! I did have an unwanted guest one night. There was a bug that had made it all the way up onto the bed. No, it was NOT a bedbug, it was just the garden type variety of bug and I think it was from the beautiful flowery gazebo area in the interior courtyard which I would give them a B+ for. The breakfast area was always busy from the many, many tour buses there each morning but the food was adequate. The rooms are dingy and do need updating. The bathroom was a good size but again, it was an "accessible" bathroom (for a wheelchair) but yet, the door was not wide enough for a wheel chair. I did speak with the manager. He was kind and listened to my concerns. Like I said, I am not a hotel snob but it just is not up to what I've seen in the Comfort Inns and I'm sure not up to the Choicehotel standards. One last thing, I had to use the night stand for my computer table because there were no plugs at the "desk" they provided. I did take photos but decided not to post them......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
York pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I had to visit this area the other day, and had made reservations earlier this month. I, most of the time can overlook some issues with properties, but this time a average rating is afforded this property. first of all, yes this property is in need of some updating, The furnishing was a little substandard. That being said I will address the staff. I really didn't appreciate once I was in the process of registering, the desk person answering phone calls and letting me stand there. There was, what I assume to be a male manager sitting at a desk just off the registration area, didn't offer to assist me in completing me registration. After about 10 minutes, my registration was completed. I reported to my assigned room with the key that did not function. Returning to the front desk, the lady was still on the phone, the manager continued to sit, and I stood around waiting again for some type of help. It just so happened one of the maintance men walked by and I explained the problem with the room key. Thanks to him, he came to the room, and addressed the problem. I only wish I had gotten his name. Very helpful, even with directions to some dining options in the area. Another area which I am not too happy about. I was charged a fee for the use of a room safe which I did not use, nor wanted to use. Don't like hidden fees attached for services not used. Looking at the safe I know I was better off not using it. Now with that off my chest, The bedding was supper, Clean and very comfortable. TV was great and room area very quiet. Not too sure this is what Comfort Inn wanted to hear.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
High Point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Not up to Choice Hotels standards. The people at the front desk were rude and seemed preoccupied. Breakfast area is too small with a poor selection. There was a long line just to get coffee. The coffee was not labeled and when I asked the attendant she did not know if one was decaf. The eggs were cold. Very poor selection of fruit, just dried out oranges. The rooms are very small, old and not very clean. They wall are paper-thin so not a good place to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Very noisy hotel. The entrances are outside and there were people talking loudly in the halls until...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were greeted by a super helpful front desk agent named Santi. What a nice introduction to a good room which afforded us a good, quiet night's sleep. We enjoyed the breakfast the next day and went on our way. The room and bathroom were super clean. When we are in the area again, we have found a hotel that treats you in an excellent manner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the poolside, but I think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#9 of 15 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 420 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!