“family visit” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
High Point
“family visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not up to Choice Hotels standards. The people at the front desk were rude and seemed preoccupied. Breakfast area is too small with a poor selection. There was a long line just to get coffee. The coffee was not labeled and when I asked the attendant she did not know if one was decaf. The eggs were cold. Very poor selection of fruit, just dried out oranges. The rooms are very small, old and not very clean. They wall are paper-thin so not a good place to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Very noisy hotel. The entrances are outside and there were people talking loudly in the halls until...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were greeted by a super helpful front desk agent named Santi. What a nice introduction to a good room which afforded us a good, quiet night's sleep. We enjoyed the breakfast the next day and went on our way. The room and bathroom were super clean. When we are in the area again, we have found a hotel that treats you in an excellent manner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the poolside, but I think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
North, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

A real dump of a hotel. i always have to stay here because my company books my reservations, otherwise, i would stay somewhere else... At the front desk, expect really bad attitude. When u get to your room, expect old carpet, old beds, a very small sink area and even a smaller restroom.. If you staying when the big group of orientals are coming, they have preferency.. Breakfast, what can i say, expect the typical continental breakfast but worst....Be careful when you book a reservation here, they have a 24hr cancelation before you arrive....that means you have to stay at least one night.....Overall, a dump of a hotel, way overpriced ($120.00 a night with my company discount), and really bad attitude at the front desk....

Room Tip: dont stay here...spend $10.00 more and pick a better hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
angel1810
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip (1/6/2014-1/9/2014) . The room was old but clean. Didn't expect much and was generally okay with the place.

The sheets were clean but a bit on the stiff side. Scratched a little so wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.

My big issue with this place was their heating/cooling unit went crazy the last night of my stay. I set the unit to heat at 75 degrees but woke up multiple times to a freezing room because somehow the unit would automatically switched the setting to cooling at 65 degrees. Mind you that this is happening during the Polar Vortex when the temperature outside was below freezing.

Of course my biggest problem was when I came home late one night to find that my door was not fully locked. I just push the door without inserting my key and it opened. Called to complain they they said they will let the maid know to make sure they do a better job of closing the door after cleaning.

I also found that service was lacking. Room wasn't cleaned properly. On my second night, I came home to find that my takeout containers from last night's dinner was still in the trash can.

And lastly, I left my Iphone charger on the night stand when I checked out. Called the same day but housekeeping left so they couldn't do anything. Called the next morning and was informed they didn't find anything in my room. So what happened to it? I know most places will get you back the items you left since my husband has done it a few times and has always gotten his item shipped back to him.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn because our house lost electricity in an ice storm. They worked with us and gave us such flexibility. They offered to let us cancel at any time if our house's electricity came on (even after the 6p.m. cancel time the night we were supposed to check in) and also let us stay WELL past check-out time without charging us an extra day. We finally checked out around 4:45 p.m. and they didn't charge any extra, but would have let us stay another night if we needed. They were so pleasant about it, too. The location is GREAT, the breakfast was a lot more than it seems on the internet. We had the suite which was well set up. The décor is a little dated, but clean and cozy. What a great experience...THANK YOU!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am on tour with a large group of cast and crew. This can definitely be a nightmare for hotels because most of the cast does not speak English, and we all need different check out times and often strange accommodations. This hotel, didn't bat an eye when I asked for certain rooms to have a late check out. It was the easiest late check-out request I've made so far since we've been on the road.
Their staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle happily brought us to the mall and other nearby shopping, and was able to pick us up at any time we requested.
Overall, this Comfort Inn has been the nicest and most accommodating of all the hotels that we have stopped at on our (so far) 5 week tour.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have stayed at this motel many times in the last 3 years. I made a 3 room reservation for myself and my family in August and in December. Both times they have been so accommodating with the placement of rooms. We have a favorite room that we like and the kids (adults) like to stay in side by side rooms. This last time we left my husband's expensive apnea pillow and when we called the next day the pillow had been turned in by the housekeeping staff. We asked if they would hold it for a family member to pick up. When my brother arrived to get it, the pillow had been kept clean and very nicely placed in a recycled shipping box, which my brother used to send it to us. To those who have not had a good experience at this Inn, I can only say "people respond to what they receive". I always enter with a smile on my face and a happy greeting and that begins my very welcome stay at comfort Inn, Tysons Corner

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are next to the pool especially in summer.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!