“Where is the Managment at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Boston, Massachusetts
“Where is the Managment at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been traveling for a very long time and let me tell you that I have never been in a place like this during my business trips. When I made my reservation two weeks ago they assured me that this was a really nice place to stay since my wife had some doubts staying here after reviewing the negative reviews. What a surprise, we should have trusted our instincts. After a long travel we went to the front desk to check in, the two clerks seem to be very busy since they did not acknolowdge we were there after 10 minutes. The arabic or russian guy was on his cell phone and the lady was too busy finishing her diner. Not a first good impression!Then we saw an african guy coming from the front door in shorts who went straight to the front desk counter and handled some papers to the other guy, not sure if he was an employee but he went inside to one of the offices. After been in there for a while finally the lady asked us if we needed help, figure it that we were just standing there for no reason. We got checked in into our room and what a surprise: Carpet was wet because there was water leaking from the bathroom vanity. Rusted taps, we were ready to take off but we did not know the area and our reservation was prepaid for three nights. The next day in the morning we noticed the patches on the ceiling still showing white and paint with a wrong color paint which calls your attention. The security bolt door was broken. We went to the front desk to speak to the manager and cancelled our reservation. The manager had no clue of what to do in these situations, he kept bitten his nails while talking to us and when to get another guy, manager or supervisor whom also was unable to resolve our problem, they did not know how to handle prepaid reservations.UNBELIEVABLE that they have managers title.I guess my 15 years son would have been more helpful than both of them. My wife asked if there was another person on top of them and they looked at each other and responded that the GM was already gone for the day when it was 10 o' clock in the morning (Is this business hours in Virginia) and he was not going to be back until the following week. (these people are clowns) I can't believe that no one was train enough to resolve our issue. They do not have professional business ethics at this place, they will treat expeida customers by providing the worst customer service. I'm an engineer for the project that is going on in the Tysons Corner area and my Company suggested to negotiate speacial rate with them, there is no way that I'm going to do this after having this horrible experience. I'm forwarding this email to my network as well. I never got my money back and hopefully the "management " or who ever is encharge uses it to train their people better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TysonsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and in the services we offer and I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We are constantly striving to improve our product and services, and it is through comments like yours that we are able to recognize any deficiencies that may exist and correct them. We apologize if this was not the case during your stay and have reviewed the room inspection process with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure our strict standards are maintained at all times. We conduct an inspection of our guest rooms with our Housekeeping staff on a daily basis. We also conduct ongoing training with our Housekeeping staff to recognize and report any issues that may arise.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us and hope that you will consider the Comfort Inn again if ever staying in Tysons Corner in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us because we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.
I can be reasched at in office if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.
703-448-8020 EXT: 1500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed for six nights in mid July 2013. The rooms were clean and quiet, beds were comfortable, AC worked great. In room refrigerator came in very handy. The pool was great - used it daily. Breakfast wasn't fancy but perfectly fine. I was surprised at how quiet the room was - with the air conditioner on I could not hear any outside noise. This is a good value for the Tysons area. I will stay there again if my travels take me to that area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TysonsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and on your next visit will use our hotel again. We thank you for your business and look forward seeing you again in the near future.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I enjoyed it here, I was here for two nights. The building has an older appearance and the lobby seems a little crowded/cramped but overall my room was great, clean, everything worked well. The courtyard areas around the hotel are very nice, the flowers and plants were great to have around and look at. The free shuttle is good too for the three mile radius, just make sure the driver knows where your going because the front desk didn't relay my destination to him when I signed up. Not many restaurants are close but the Vietnamese place across the parking lot had really good food. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Hopefully we will have another chance to serve you in th enear future.
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Kind of an odd motel-type layout with doors opening on outdoor walkways. Nice little pool, pleasant and helpful staff. Decent breakfast and a managers evening reception. The night I was there they had a full meal (salsbury steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans). Nice enough breakfast. Very reasonable price for the area and a convenient shuttle service to a nearby Metro station and area businesses/stores. All in all, not bad.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing/near the pool area unless you really like screaming children at play.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
dickkibbey, Manager at Comfort Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

You honestly get what you pay for.

Foremost, I'm not sure how this hotel received 3.5 stars. Maybe because it does have a pool...somewhere, hidden (I couldn't find it). Management was terrible. Especially the Hispanic "general manager on duty" who may or may not greet you at the front desk.

Before our trip, we requested early check-in. The man I spoke to on the phone said he would make it happen. When we arrived, he assured us that our room was clean. We go to our room? Open the door and it hasn't even been touched by housekeeping.

We finally were placed in a different room. It smelled bad, and it was very small for two double beds. Not all the outlets worked, either. But the beds were comfortable and the room was hygienic.

I do question the safety of this hotel. Someone tried coming into our room. The woman, somehow, got the door open, but was stopped by the deadbolt at the top. So if you stay here, deadbolt the door! Also, our keys stopped working, which was also a pain.

When we checked out, some Asian lady who I could barely understand tried processing us out. She tried charging our credit card AGAIN for the two night's stay. Obviously, the card wasn't going to go through, and she looked at us like it was our fault. When we pulled our e-statements from our bank, we noted the manager in the back, who KNEW HE charged our card when we checked in, just sitting there listening to the situation.

Save yourselves the trouble and go down the street to the Marriott. It's only $20 more per night, and I'm sure they're more professional than the lot of these bozos.

• Stayed July 2013
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our staff. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. Thank you! Wayland K. Campbell GM
Maputo, Mozambique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Traveling as a family of 4 the adjoining rooms was very helpful. The overall condition of the room was good, but we did have a couple of maintenance issues during our stay, which they addressed within the day. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble sleeping as tour buses and other guests pass the outside entrance to the room dragging their bags on the sidewalks and talking loudly. You also need to keep your curtains pulled as people walking by can look directly into the rooms. They have commercial style laundry facilities on site that was very handy. Breakfast was included by was very limited. Overall, the hotel met our needs but would not be our first choice for another visit.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top/3rd floor to avoid foot traffic and parking lot noise. Or request a room f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. We thank you for your business and will address your concerns. Wayland K. Campbell GM
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beautiful little outdoor pool. Very welcoming and friendly staff members and a very generous breakfast especially since it is complementary!! PET FRIENDLY! We used to stay in more costly accommodations but with a pet dog we really enjoy being able to drive right up to the room plus their pet fee is much less then many other hotel/motels in the area We now stay here every time we go to northern Virginia. Very reasonably priced for the Tyson's/ DC area.

Room Tip: Closet in room 1119 is miniscule so try not to get that room but otherwise enjoy!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your kind review. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away. Wayland K. Campbell GM

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!