“Dirty, Roach infested motel!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Mantua, New Jersey, United States
“Dirty, Roach infested motel!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed in this motel March 2013 for a cheerleading competition. When we arrived the room was dirty, and outdated. As the night when on other parents were complaining they saw bugs in their rooms. The later in the evening it got, the more bugs we saw, roaches were all over the rooms. Crawling on beds, running across sinks, on the floors, on the furniture. In the middle of the night families had to wake up sleeping children to move to another hotel. This move disrupted our teams sleep, practice schedule for the next morning and it put a damper on our weekend. We were told we would not be charged for the night, to find out not only were we charged for the night but also a cleaning free was charged to our credit card without our knowledge. I would NEVER recommend this motel to my worst enemy!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
sunburstSilverSpring, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are constantly striving to improve our product and services, and it is through comments like yours that we are able to recognize any deficiencies that may exist and correct them. We apologize if this was not the case during your stay and have reviewed the room inspection process with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure our strict standards are maintained at all times. We conduct an inspection of our guest rooms with our Housekeeping staff on a daily basis. We also conduct ongoing training with our Housekeeping staff to recognize and report any issues that may arise and result in further guest charges. Furthermore, we call on our certified pest management company to also inspect our hotel and can assure you that the hotel does not have a roach problem.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us and hope that you will consider the Comfort Inn Tysons Corner again if ever staying in Vienna in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us because we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This Comfort Inn has it all: reasonably priced, an easy drive from Dulles, near a soon-to-be-finished Metro station and the Leesburg Pike, and close to business and shopping areas. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast is basic, but a good start to your day. My room has always been clean and comfortable, and provides WiFi (a little slow, but free). For a business traveler on a budget, this is the place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family stayed here three nights to visit D.C. Upon arriving, our room was average in quality as compared to the other hotels we had stayed in for this trip. The mattresses had plastic zip covers and were very clean. The rooms were clean, just not updated and could use some maintenance, paint, etc. We immediately went to the front desk to get D.C. brochures and maps, and Emmanuel Cavalcante was the NICEST and most helpful front desk manager on our 14 day trip thus far. He seems to have a genuine interest in helping and giving advice on the area. The breakfasts had the typical choices offered by other Choice Hotels, and it is a blessing to have a free breakfast when traveling. They had free cookies in the evening on one night. The dining area is clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for a cheerleading competition and first impression was motel. Although the front desk was very sweet the first thing on of my teammates saw when they walked in their room was a roach sitting on their bed. Ten later in the night 2 other girls found roaches on their pillow and in their bathroom! The location is the only thing that makes this place anything. If could give it 0 stars I would. Very disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2013
Luanda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. The hotel personnel's are very helpful specially Emanuel was very kid and patient. Emanuel speaks Portuguese and I felt at home.

I would recommend other travelers!!!!

Would be better if there could be a variety of chooses for breakfast, same thing every single day is NOT GOOD! Maybe you could have a restaurant in the hotel to avoid leaving the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is with great pleasure that I write to congratulate Comfort Inn Tysons Corner.
I've been staying with my daughter and niece for four days and was delighted with the service and care.
I would like to thanks Mr. EMMANUEL CAVALCANTE ,your brazilian Front Office Manager for his kindness, dedication and competence.

No more, subscribe myself,

(21) 9767-3048

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

So if you want to stay outside of DC and you want to be around a lot of shopping and eating, this is the place to be. I stayed here for two nights, and had a king room. My room was a typical business room. Bed was clean and comfortable, plenty of room to work in the room. Wifi is horrible. I could never get my phone or tablet to connect, and my passengers also said they couldn't get it to work. Breakfast was very good, and they had a large selection to choose from. They also offer a small managers reception in the middle of the week at night. You are not going to be eating prime rib, but it's good food and free. The staff is hit and miss. The day I checked my group in there were two people working. One of the ladies did whatever she could do to get all of my group in their rooms. The other women working didn't even look up when she was talking to me. The female working the dinner bar was super nice, and very funny. So overall I would stay here again, but I may be more likely to say something about some not all of the staffs lack of customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!