“Roaches!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
“Roaches!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a cheerleading competition and first impression was motel. Although the front desk was very sweet the first thing on of my teammates saw when they walked in their room was a roach sitting on their bed. Ten later in the night 2 other girls found roaches on their pillow and in their bathroom! The location is the only thing that makes this place anything. If could give it 0 stars I would. Very disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2013

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Luanda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. The hotel personnel's are very helpful specially Emanuel was very kid and patient. Emanuel speaks Portuguese and I felt at home.

I would recommend other travelers!!!!

Would be better if there could be a variety of chooses for breakfast, same thing every single day is NOT GOOD! Maybe you could have a restaurant in the hotel to avoid leaving the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is with great pleasure that I write to congratulate Comfort Inn Tysons Corner.
I've been staying with my daughter and niece for four days and was delighted with the service and care.
I would like to thanks Mr. EMMANUEL CAVALCANTE ,your brazilian Front Office Manager for his kindness, dedication and competence.

No more, subscribe myself,

(21) 9767-3048

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

So if you want to stay outside of DC and you want to be around a lot of shopping and eating, this is the place to be. I stayed here for two nights, and had a king room. My room was a typical business room. Bed was clean and comfortable, plenty of room to work in the room. Wifi is horrible. I could never get my phone or tablet to connect, and my passengers also said they couldn't get it to work. Breakfast was very good, and they had a large selection to choose from. They also offer a small managers reception in the middle of the week at night. You are not going to be eating prime rib, but it's good food and free. The staff is hit and miss. The day I checked my group in there were two people working. One of the ladies did whatever she could do to get all of my group in their rooms. The other women working didn't even look up when she was talking to me. The female working the dinner bar was super nice, and very funny. So overall I would stay here again, but I may be more likely to say something about some not all of the staffs lack of customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Freeport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were treated as if we were family from the first day of our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. A few days into our stay we were treated like family,the staff was very attentive to our needs.

We found the room to be clean and private, alot of hotels we have stayed at and payed alot more per night cannot compare to these rooms. by far the cleanest and the best we have stayed at.

We recomend this hotel to others, the staff is the best anywhere, and they see to everyones needs. They serve a great breakfast and unlike many others these breakfasts are hot. Also every Tuesday and Wendnsdays they serve a great dinners with cocktails if you choose to partake.

I would consider this a 5 star hotel. when in the DC area book a stay here it is the best bang for the buck in the area.

R. Stephon and Family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have used this motel (that's what it is, since it looks like it was once an old Holiday Inn with the aluminium-framed windows and all the rooms open to the outside) several times in the past year.
I'm fairly tolerant of older motels, as long as they are clean and kept in reasonable repair. Appears the owners have made a business decision to do minimal maintenence and let this property deteriorate. They don't seem to mind that it's now showing. Carpeting in the room was worn to the backing at the entrance to the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures are corroded and the sink was very slow draining. The furniture has seen much better days, showing signs of abuse. WiFi speed was OK, but blocked outgoing email, which continues to be a problem at this property.

Unfortunately, this is the only Choice Hotel in the immediate area. Will probably try the "Bid-auction" sites like Priceline and perhaps pay a bit more for a safer, cleaner place closer to I-495. This last stay was probably my final. This Comfort Inn no longer meets my expected standards for the Choice Hotels brand.

Room Tip: This place has their share of what appear to be non-customers wandering about, especially after dark...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Prince Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Think the title says it all. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. We had forgotten a toiletry but the front desk had it and it was complementary, so that was nice. To get to our room we had to go down a narrow hall, and through an
emergency exit door. We came out directly in front of a building brick wall with a large Korean sign on it. In the room I didn't want to take off my shoes or coat, then I saw the roach on the toilet. The next morning there was another one on the sink, God only knows where it west that night.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!