“This is by far one of the best hotels my family and I have stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Tysons Corner

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Freeport, Maine
“This is by far one of the best hotels my family and I have stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were treated as if we were family from the first day of our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. A few days into our stay we were treated like family,the staff was very attentive to our needs.

We found the room to be clean and private, alot of hotels we have stayed at and payed alot more per night cannot compare to these rooms. by far the cleanest and the best we have stayed at.

We recomend this hotel to others, the staff is the best anywhere, and they see to everyones needs. They serve a great breakfast and unlike many others these breakfasts are hot. Also every Tuesday and Wendnsdays they serve a great dinners with cocktails if you choose to partake.

I would consider this a 5 star hotel. when in the DC area book a stay here it is the best bang for the buck in the area.

R. Stephon and Family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have used this motel (that's what it is, since it looks like it was once an old Holiday Inn with the aluminium-framed windows and all the rooms open to the outside) several times in the past year.
I'm fairly tolerant of older motels, as long as they are clean and kept in reasonable repair. Appears the owners have made a business decision to do minimal maintenence and let this property deteriorate. They don't seem to mind that it's now showing. Carpeting in the room was worn to the backing at the entrance to the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures are corroded and the sink was very slow draining. The furniture has seen much better days, showing signs of abuse. WiFi speed was OK, but blocked outgoing email, which continues to be a problem at this property.

Unfortunately, this is the only Choice Hotel in the immediate area. Will probably try the "Bid-auction" sites like Priceline and perhaps pay a bit more for a safer, cleaner place closer to I-495. This last stay was probably my final. This Comfort Inn no longer meets my expected standards for the Choice Hotels brand.

Room Tip: This place has their share of what appear to be non-customers wandering about, especially after dark...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Prince Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Think the title says it all. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. We had forgotten a toiletry but the front desk had it and it was complementary, so that was nice. To get to our room we had to go down a narrow hall, and through an
emergency exit door. We came out directly in front of a building brick wall with a large Korean sign on it. In the room I didn't want to take off my shoes or coat, then I saw the roach on the toilet. The next morning there was another one on the sink, God only knows where it west that night.

• Stayed January 2013
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay at Comfort Inns because I know that I will be getting a clean and comfortable room with a king size bed or two beds. As a bonus, a great free breakfast to start the day. All the extras, such as a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker,etc. will be there. And for a reasonable price.
That exactly what I found during my stay at Tysons Corner.
There i also a shuttle service for the mall or the Metro.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing the court yard on the ground level..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed for two nights on a leisure visit to Washington, DC. I chose this property because of price, amenities and convenience to Dunn-Loring metro station, and was not disappointed. The management seems to make every effort to accommodate guests (unusual in moderate-price properties) starting with my phone call to request a very quiet room. The free motel van delivers guests to the metro station every hour, and picks up as well, so I could leave my car in the parking lot and relax on the train into the city, about a 20-minute ride.. Check-in and -out were seamless, free Wall Street Journal provided daily, very good hot breakfast buffet, supper buffet offered free on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings--simple food, but after a tiring day of sightseeing, a glass of wine and a hot meal were very welcome.

I am picky about cleanliness, my room and bath could not have been cleaner apart from a small stain on a footstool. The dining area and food service areas also were kept very clean. All staff were courteous and helpful and seemed to enjoy serving guests; front desk staff volunteered to look up some information I needed when she could not answer my question about local road construction.

Can't comment on internet service as I didn't use it.

The property consists of some separate buildings, and all rooms have outdoor entries. While there are elevators to upper floors, they are are at the rear of the property and could be inconvenient depending on room location. My third floor room facing the pleasant courtyard was quiet with no vehicle noise issues at night.

Road construction in the Spring Hill Road area does unfortunately worsen the normally difficult traffic around DC. Despite this, I will definitely plan to stay again when I visit the Capital.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room facing courtyard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rittman, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Older hotel/motel style and decor but the rooms are big and clean and the price was right. The complaint I have is with the check-in. I had reservations and got the the hotel at 1 am after working late and the clerk ask me if I had already checked-in because they had already issued keys. Long story short, someone with a similar last name checked-in first and I waited 30 min to check-in until they figured it out

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stay every month. Friendly and responsive front desk. After just a few stays I was greeted by first name by the manager, Vanessa Nizama. Nicole Copia and Valorie Love make check in a delight. You are made a welcome guest at this property. I have never experienced a reservation issue with Nicole and Valorie. Have asked management to add CNBC and Bloomburg (business channels) to media service.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quiet and early sun is not an issue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!