“Good food and fun” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Good food and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had a great time last night at Sakura's in Tysons Corner. This was my second visit but first for my friends who also enjoyed it very much. The food is pretty good and very abundant! Between the four of us, we had a combination of steaks and steak/seafood platters.

Each plate comes with an appetizer of your choice, soup, salad, stir-fried veggies, and fried rice. For appetizer, I had and recommend the shrimp flambé. It is just two medium size shrimps but absolutely delicious. The small salad, while nothing special, was served with a very tasty albeit salty ginger sauce. Steaks were cooked properly, tasteful and tender.

The fun about this place is to see the cook at work. Ours kept us engaged and laughing. It is true that the staff seems to be in a rush, and to a certain extent, you may feel that you're rushed through your meal and out, but we really didn't care much. Paid our bill and stayed sitting chatting for a while; no one asked us to leave. The place was full, some birthday celebrations and I suspect, more than one holiday party like ours.

Is it expensive? I don't believe it is for the Washington DC metro area. On average, $25 per person including drinks and taxes (not tips). It is a chain restaurant but verall, a good choice for fun night out without breaking the bank.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Galena,IL
“Fun Place for a Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is such a fun place. It is table-side Japanese grilling featuring a comedic chef and a gracious waitress. They really made our "special person" feel like an honored guest. We had 3 kids in our group who loved the shrimp toss and the banter with the chef. In addition to the great show and fun atmosphere, the food is quite good. It is veggie heavy, so good for those of us who want healthy choices. The proteins were prepared well and accompanying sauces add a nice flavor. I recommend Sakura for your birthday celebration or just a fun meal with the whole family.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

All I can say about this place is that everyone is working in a rush. They do not have enough chiefs so everything is done too fast. the hostess was not really nice. server was great and attentive the chief was fine but as i said did his job fast so the rice was not cooked enough. Other than that It's very clean there and a nice interior. prices are higher than in other sakura in the area.
all i can say now is enjoy !

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Great sushi, but very crowded during dinner time hours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I ate dinner here once during my stay in Vienna, VA. I love sushi & eat it at least 5 times a week. My friend who works in Arlington brought me over to try it. We were lucky to arrive when we did because we waited maybe 5 minutes to be seated, about an hour later there was a pretty large amount of people waiting to be seated. Service was ok. Due to the large quantity of people in the sushi side of the restaurant, we were actually served by several different servers, which was fine with me.

There's a nice selection of sushi & sashimi & they do offer some special rolls at reasonable prices. The food was very nicely presented. I did feel that our food did take quite a while to arrive, but again it was very crowded and the food was fresh & tasted delicious. The lobster roll was fantastic, one of the best I've ever eaten.

Overall, I would eat here again, but I would definately try to eat here for lunch rather than dinner.

• Visited August 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Noisy but fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

A group of ten had dinner at Skura Japanese Steakhouse in Vienna to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were seated within minutes and the tow hostesses were extremely polite and friendly. Our friendly waitress took the drink and food orders in a timely fashion. The chef who prepared the food was witty and had a good sense of humor. He put on a good show while he prepared our food. This time the food was very good which was the complete opposite of the last time I had eaten at Skura. We all had fun and eating at Sakura was a good experience this time.

• Visited August 2012