“Great sushi, but very crowded during dinner time hours.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Great sushi, but very crowded during dinner time hours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I ate dinner here once during my stay in Vienna, VA. I love sushi & eat it at least 5 times a week. My friend who works in Arlington brought me over to try it. We were lucky to arrive when we did because we waited maybe 5 minutes to be seated, about an hour later there was a pretty large amount of people waiting to be seated. Service was ok. Due to the large quantity of people in the sushi side of the restaurant, we were actually served by several different servers, which was fine with me.

There's a nice selection of sushi & sashimi & they do offer some special rolls at reasonable prices. The food was very nicely presented. I did feel that our food did take quite a while to arrive, but again it was very crowded and the food was fresh & tasted delicious. The lobster roll was fantastic, one of the best I've ever eaten.

Overall, I would eat here again, but I would definately try to eat here for lunch rather than dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reston, Virginia
“Noisy but fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

A group of ten had dinner at Skura Japanese Steakhouse in Vienna to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were seated within minutes and the tow hostesses were extremely polite and friendly. Our friendly waitress took the drink and food orders in a timely fashion. The chef who prepared the food was witty and had a good sense of humor. He put on a good show while he prepared our food. This time the food was very good which was the complete opposite of the last time I had eaten at Skura. We all had fun and eating at Sakura was a good experience this time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sticky floor, mediocre food, excellent service, very entertaining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We brought my son here for his 16th birthday. There were 6 of us. The entire floor walking into the restaurant was sticky - not a nice feeling. The chef was funny and entertaining however. He used a LOT of salt and seasoning on the food, which I don't think was the best quality (small shrimp, sinewy chicken). The ambiance was good, the service was very good, but the food was only fair and the sticky floor just really made me think the place was not clean.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Entertaining performance, with pedestrian fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We went once, and enjoyed the performance. The food was unremarkable. We might return with grandchildren, although many of them are already jaded about the Japanese steak house experience.

(When your U-shaped area is sufficiently populated, a cook emerges and fries your meal before you with great displays of flashing knives, and displays reminiscent of juggling.)

Our visit may have been before April 2011.

Visited May 2011
Vienna, Virginia
“Delicious and entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The food here is always good, having the meal cooked in front of you entertaining. It is pricey. Lunch for myself and 13 year old grandson with tip was almost $60 and that was with no drinks.
You are seated at a u shaped table that seats 10 and wait until it is full or near full. It's pretty tight seating. Dishes (salad and soup) are dropped off and empty dishes taken away quickly and water refilled without asking. Everyone was very pleasant. Be prepared to have shrimp flipped into your mouth.

• Visited February 2012