“VERY HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS HOTEL!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Australia
“VERY HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS HOTEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

We were driving thru Virginia in our RV and I spent hours trolling thru the coupon books looking for something for two or three nights. When you don't know the area and in our case the country (we are from Australia) it is mind boggling to try and pick something from a book. It turned out to be about 20 miles from the city, was in an excellent location, a Starbucks straight across the road (opened Christmas day!) Lovely clean rooms, comfortable beds, heated Loo seat and great staff. Lots of room for our RV to park. Heated swimming pool was divine and they have an ATM...computers and lots of maps for planning.
Excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Our family stayed here four days. I had looked online to book a hotel and couldn't find a room at a price I had hoped to pay. We had coupons that were given to us from the Visitor Center in Fairfax. Our room rate was 69-89 dollars (depending on the night we stayed) and that included breakfast and a shuttle to and from the Metro several miles away. The service was friendly and helpful...granted the rooms haven't been updated since the 80s, but we barely spent any time in the room except to sleep, anyway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Bethesda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I stayed a weekend, and loved the free breakfast and computers. Room was ok, nothing great. Service is helpful. Liked the location.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I was hesitant since the last BW had a torn up wall with where a fridge used to be. They were really nice, and had a $69.95/night 'manager's special'. What a deal. Spacious adjoining rooms, pool, and hot breakfast w/bacon/scrambled eggs and more! People were friendly and helpful, and the place was close to DC (though not the metro and there was no shuttle.) Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I just got back from a multi-day field trip with my school (to Washington DC) and we stayed at the Westpark for two nights. I absolutely hated pretty much everything about the building. However, the employees at the hotel impressed me very much. They were very friendly and made me feel at home. I think if we had stayed at another hotel and those same employees were working there, we would be all set. Now... on to the building. The lobby and halls were pretty much the only half-decent things in the building. The rooms were terrible and gross. When I walked into the room I was surprised to see that there was hair in the shower in the bathroom, which grossed me out. There was also a prominent white stain on the carpet under one of the beds. I'm not going into too much detail but you can imagine what horror came to my mind when I saw it. There were brown mold stains on the wall and the ceiling, and the (tiny) beds were like rocks. They were incredibly hard to sleep on. The bathroom was nice (roomy bathtub/shower, nice sink) but the toilet had trouble flushing correctly and I would have to jiggle the handle each time I used the bathroom to keep the toilet from backing up. We were also receiving random phonecalls at 2:30am from people we didn't even know. The electric connections in our room were intertwined with the ones next door and this sometimes made our appliances (TV, hair dryer, lights, chargers, etc) shut off when someone next door needed electricity. The pool was indoor and very small. I was traveling with a large group where everyone was in the pool at once, though, so I can't really say much about it. I guess I'd have to see it when it is empty to see the relative size of the pool. No hot tub but I didn't expect one. Food: absolutely gross. Dry pancakes and home fries for breakfast, gross sour tasting orange juice, extremely watery pancake syrup, etc. All in all, I do not recommend this hotel for anyone. The service was impeccable but the hotel building and food need work.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Hotel is older but is well maintained. Room was clean and had everything I needed. The heat was not really working but I didn't really mind as it is spring and I can do without. The Club/Pub in the lobby was not open, but the restaurant and shops was. Friendly staff... comp. hors deuvres and cocktails were cool and the comp breakfast was also OK. Was perfect for my purpses which was to attend a class within walking dstance.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Gross. Gross decor. Nasty something or other in the shower. Dated rooms. Gross breakfast - the eggs were the most disgusting think I have ever taken a bite of in my life. Never stay here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Tysons Westpark? Share your experiences!