“Great hiding spot for Washington D.C.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Chesterfield, VA
“Great hiding spot for Washington D.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife has stayed at this hotel several times for extended stays. The hotel is across the street from one of her company’s office locations. Recently my wife, my daughter, and I spent a night there. My wife had to work and my daughter and I took advantage of the location. When here, you are not far from metro stations to get into D.C. and are just a few blocks from Tyson’s Corner Mall. This is the largest mall I have ever been to. The hotel is nice, accommodating, and located on a quiet side street that protects the traveler from street noise. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. Patrons can save money by parking on the street in front of the hotel. Not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher number rooms will keep you away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is very clean, quiet and comfortable. We have stayed here several times and it never disappoints us. It is very close to Tyson's corner mall. The breakfast is nice, especially when it is included in your room rate. The only negative is you have to hold your breathe when leaving the parking garage due to the narrow exit. Otherwise I would recommend staying here. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am always a customer for Hilton Garden Inn in Tysons Corner Vienna VA. In the last stay which was 12 days, we checked out September 15th 2012, and forgot our PASSPORTS in the SAFTEY box. Three weeks later, we discovered that we didn't have them. I remembered that they were in the safety box, and called the hotel. They said we will check and call you. No one called me, so I went to the front desk and found the same person who received my call; he assured me that they didn't find any. I insisted that I am sure; I left them in the safety box. He called the manager and he said yes we found them, but unfortunately we send them to the INS. I said why? You have my contact information in details. Then he called a lady of the staff, she answered I sent them by regular mail to the INS, They didn't even want to pay more than 00.37 Cents for mailing very important documents. She added I tried an email but it was wrong. I said why don't you check my info on the system, she answered I don't know. Her manager admitted it is their mistake!! I went two times to the INS; they said we don't have them. They are still up in the air. THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, THEREFORE THEIR SAFETY BOXES ARE NOT SAFE TOO!!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I apologize for any confusion that may have occurred regarding the security of your passport. We discovered the passport in your room safe after your departure and attempted to contact you via the email address on file. The email address was invalid and we did not have a telephone contact number. After we held the documents for over a month, we contacted INS and were informed if we sent the passports to them, they then forward them on to your embassy. In our attempt to reconnect you with your passport, we sent them to INS under the impression that they would be forwarded to your embassy. I again apologize and hope that you have since been reconnected with your passport.
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed in Hilton Garden Inn for one night at the end of October. Very pleased with the hotel, location, room, and breakfast. Very good location near Tyson's Corner and for a price you can't beat in this area (under $100).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is actually the second time that I have stayed here in the last 60 days. I travel to the DC area frequently and hadn't found a hotel that I would stay at consistently. Now I have! The location is great because of the proximity to the mall and a lot of restaurants if you don't want to travel very far but also because it is close to the highway and metro station if you want to adventure around the area.

What really sets this hotel apart from others though is the staff. We were fortunate enough to meet Michael, the general manager, and you can tell he has a very engaging style. Most of the time, hotel employees are too busy to make eye contact with guests and acknowledge their presence. The staff at this hotel has, obviously, been trained to work hard but also pay attention to the guests around them. Rarely, would I get a "good morning" from a house keeper at another hotel but here we got one EVERY morning from theirs and it wasn't even the same person every morning!

The breakfast is a great value with a wide variety of things available. Whether you want something simple or more complex, they probably have something available for you.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It's nice to travel and have a refrigerator and microwave in your room and them actually be clean enough to use without hesitation.

Overall, this hotel gets very high marks from us. I commend Michael and the rest of his staff for caring enough about their guests to acknowledge them and keep the hotel comfortable for their stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
This is excellent to know that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and appreciated in every aspect of the hotel so it pleases us to know that every department made such an impression. Thank you for such a kind review and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly. Parking is cheap. Wifi is super slow. Rooms are average clean at best, several hairs from others were noticed in and around the shower area. Upon entering my room on day 2, I first noticed that housekeeping had left the toilet brush IN the toilet sticking straight up. Had I not have noticed this, it could have been a serious injury. I later noticed that they also did not empty the trash under the desk and failed to service the coffee. When I mentioned the issues to the front desk, I didn't get much of a response or acknowledgement, much less an apology. Upon check out, I mentioned it again and was given 10,000 Hilton points....woo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review and to apologize for the challenges faced with your room. We have taken the proper steps to ensure that all of our team members provide the level of service expected by our guests. Although this was an isolated incident and does not reflect the daily outstanding work provided by our team, we use every opportunity to better ourselves so we can provide our guests with an exceptional stay. I again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I am happy that we were able to speak directly while you were with us regarding this.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and since I know the location of this hotel is very good to Tysons Corner and Dunn Loring Metro (a 10 minute drive away)

I was able to check in very early @ 10am which was nice.

Front desk staff were very courteous and polite, and they also have a 24 hour convenience store in the main lobby as well as a nice sitting area within the lobby area...

Room was very comfortable as usual and the bed was very comfortable...

The hotel also offers shuttle service to various points between normal working hours...(though I did not use it, it was being used a lot by other customers)

The hotel also has indoor parking or outdoor parking, I chose outside since it is easier to get out, since the indoor parking is a little tight (if you have a big car or truck)

Hotel is a mere 3-5 minutes to I-495 & I-66...

Great stay again and will stay there again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We work tirelessly to ensure our guests have a memorable stay and we love knowing that you had a great experience with us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!