“Great Deal in Tyson's Corner Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Deal in Tyson's Corner Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed in Hilton Garden Inn for one night at the end of October. Very pleased with the hotel, location, room, and breakfast. Very good location near Tyson's Corner and for a price you can't beat in this area (under $100).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is actually the second time that I have stayed here in the last 60 days. I travel to the DC area frequently and hadn't found a hotel that I would stay at consistently. Now I have! The location is great because of the proximity to the mall and a lot of restaurants if you don't want to travel very far but also because it is close to the highway and metro station if you want to adventure around the area.

What really sets this hotel apart from others though is the staff. We were fortunate enough to meet Michael, the general manager, and you can tell he has a very engaging style. Most of the time, hotel employees are too busy to make eye contact with guests and acknowledge their presence. The staff at this hotel has, obviously, been trained to work hard but also pay attention to the guests around them. Rarely, would I get a "good morning" from a house keeper at another hotel but here we got one EVERY morning from theirs and it wasn't even the same person every morning!

The breakfast is a great value with a wide variety of things available. Whether you want something simple or more complex, they probably have something available for you.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It's nice to travel and have a refrigerator and microwave in your room and them actually be clean enough to use without hesitation.

Overall, this hotel gets very high marks from us. I commend Michael and the rest of his staff for caring enough about their guests to acknowledge them and keep the hotel comfortable for their stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
This is excellent to know that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and appreciated in every aspect of the hotel so it pleases us to know that every department made such an impression. Thank you for such a kind review and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly. Parking is cheap. Wifi is super slow. Rooms are average clean at best, several hairs from others were noticed in and around the shower area. Upon entering my room on day 2, I first noticed that housekeeping had left the toilet brush IN the toilet sticking straight up. Had I not have noticed this, it could have been a serious injury. I later noticed that they also did not empty the trash under the desk and failed to service the coffee. When I mentioned the issues to the front desk, I didn't get much of a response or acknowledgement, much less an apology. Upon check out, I mentioned it again and was given 10,000 Hilton points....woo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review and to apologize for the challenges faced with your room. We have taken the proper steps to ensure that all of our team members provide the level of service expected by our guests. Although this was an isolated incident and does not reflect the daily outstanding work provided by our team, we use every opportunity to better ourselves so we can provide our guests with an exceptional stay. I again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I am happy that we were able to speak directly while you were with us regarding this.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and since I know the location of this hotel is very good to Tysons Corner and Dunn Loring Metro (a 10 minute drive away)

I was able to check in very early @ 10am which was nice.

Front desk staff were very courteous and polite, and they also have a 24 hour convenience store in the main lobby as well as a nice sitting area within the lobby area...

Room was very comfortable as usual and the bed was very comfortable...

The hotel also offers shuttle service to various points between normal working hours...(though I did not use it, it was being used a lot by other customers)

The hotel also has indoor parking or outdoor parking, I chose outside since it is easier to get out, since the indoor parking is a little tight (if you have a big car or truck)

Hotel is a mere 3-5 minutes to I-495 & I-66...

Great stay again and will stay there again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We work tirelessly to ensure our guests have a memorable stay and we love knowing that you had a great experience with us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back soon.
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Comfortable room, pleasant staff, convenient, cheap parking. Would stay here again. Pool is small and open very limited hours. Not walking distance to much of anything, but free shuttle (tip the friendly driver!) will take you to a nearby upscale mall and other places within a few miles.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
It is wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service we provide and visit the local attractions. Thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Tyson's area.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and found it to be conveniently located near two malls and an easy metro ride into Washington, DC. The room was the standard Hilton room and had a nice glassed-in shower (though I found the shower floor to be a bit slippery).

The not-so-good: The woman working the front desk when I arrived was a bit short with me when I asked her if the shuttle could come pick me up at the metro (it was around 11am) - and this was after I had called twice and no one had answered after many rings (they answered the third time). I thought I had the wrong number! I think the hotel should consider having the calls routed to an automated system or something after a number of rings to let someone know that they are busy, but will be with them shortly.

The great: The rest of the front desk staff was wonderful. The brunch (though not included) was tasty - I liked the egg & cheese wrapped with salsa. The shuttle driver, Jose, was awesome. He was friendly, professional and seemed like an all-around good guy. He was never put out by driving someone or picking someone up. The rest of the staff was very friendly, as well.

In short, we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HGIManager10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your review and it is wonderful to hear that you thought highly of the hotel and Front Office team. I will pass on your comments to Jose as I know it will make his day. Also, I will make sure that all associates are aware of the best way to deliver great service to our guests. Thank you again and we will be honored to have you return.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love this hotel. As a casual travel to, or through, DC on the weekends, this hotel fits all my needs. I've stayed at this hotel several times, so this review covers multiple stays.

Upon arrival, first thing you will notice is it's not on the main roads, it's on some side roads with some office-park businesses around it (not mid- or high-rises). The area is very quiet. Because of this, be aware that after dark the streets are not busy nor are they brightly lit. If you are timid about walking or running outside without a lot of streetlights you might feel comfortable. This did not bother me at all.

The driveway to the front entrance can sometimes be crowded, but, there is street parking across the street. Check-in has always been quick and easy. When you walk into the hotel it feels very new. I inquired about the age of the hotel and was told it was several years old. I was impressed; to me it felt very new. Overnight parking is available on the street (limited) or underground, which at the time of this review was $5.00/night.

Rooms are standard Hilton Garden Inn Rooms, which in my opinion are very good. I've always stayed in a king room. The bed is very comfortable. The bedding decent, the comforter isn't paper thin like some places, so you can keep warm if you like the room cool. The quality of the furniture is in great shape, the decor is modern and on the brighter side. TV is a decent size flat panel TV with great cable channel selection. Wi-Fi always worked well, I was able to get online quickly and connect to work via VPN with no issues. The a/c system worked very well - it did not have any loud obnoxious sounds, but instead was a good white noise. You can also leave the fan set to ON - which is great for those of us that like some background noise while you sleep. The room had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom had good quality towels. Nothing extremely fancy, but not paper thin either. The fitness room was small, and cold in my opinion, so don't expect a large fitness center with lots of selection. The hotel lobby had a small 'pantry' with various items for sale, such as candy, drinks, and other items I don't remember.

The hotel does not have a free continental breakfast, which I believe is standard for Hilton Garden Inn's. I don't find this a negative, just pointing it out so others don't have expectations otherwise.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby (within a mile), with a mix of low and high price selections. There are also two shopping malls, the one (Tysons Corner Center) being very large and includes a movie theater and several additional restaurants. If you are wanting something across the street there is nothing nearby. Most places are a minimum of a half mile, or more; a quick drive or a nice long walk.

This hotel is now my choice for the area for casual stay. It's convenient to shopping as well as freeway access to I-66 and I-495. HGI, you've taken my business from the nearby Courtyard Marriot. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wow! I love that you were so thoroughly satisfied and let us know about it. We will continue to make the greatest of efforts to ensure that every guest has the same experience as you and we will be sure that you continue to receive the service and accommodations that you have come to expect from us. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!