“Totally worth the drive from Maryland!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Totally worth the drive from Maryland!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Best Persian food in the DC area! We brave the traffic congested Beltway just so we can taste the sweet palate pleasing wonderfulness that is Shirin Polo!!!! It is the most truly delicious rice dish that has ever passed my lips! The people who work there are really nice too! If you go on a Saturday night, prepare to wait for a while since its sooooo good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food here and the professional, friendly, competent staff. I don't understand the reviews that panned the staff because our experience was only good. We did order our food for take-out, but while we waited we were treated royally. The food is plentiful and outstanding -- we had enough for two meals and enjoyed it just as much the second time around. Be sure to order the yogurt and the chopped salad. Wonderful!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Reliable Persian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My grandmother, having lived in Iran in the 1950's, loves persian food. This is her favorite place...she's go at least once a week if she could. It has been very reliable, but my last visit not so much. I always get the soltoni kebab with some pilau dish. I got the one with dill and fava beans....maybe it was the choice of rice or an off day for me, but it wasn't as good as I remembered (I have heard from Persian co-workers that the main chef has now left and opened her own place). I was asked to go back again tomorrow evening....sorry Grandma....next weekend? (I have to work tomorrow and it's not near her house or mine....). If you're a fan of Persian food, go and try it. We've gone for years. And by the way, they just got white cotton table cloths! No more plastic covered with glass....did I mention this is VERY casual?

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Good Persian food, friendly but unprofessional service. Noisy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have given this Persian restaurant a four star rating just because of its food quality and taste which is very good. The "kabobs are very tasty, the rice is cooked well and the stews are great. Go to Shamshiry to eat the good food and ignore everything else. Have fun.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Great Food--Rude Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is great Persian food. However the staff is not nice at all. They need to fire the ladies at the front desk. They are beyond rude. However, the best Persian food in town. Get it to go and you will be happy.

Visited January 2012