“Some Food Rates a "5"” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Some Food Rates a "5"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

No question, the steaks rate a "5." But the appetizers don't all quite hit that level. And, although the atmosphere is certainly nice enough, it isn't really what you'd expect from a five-star restaurant. The wine list remains excellent. Similarly, the staff is perfectly nice, but they don't quite have the training or polish you'd expect from a five-star restaurant. Don't know whether this makes Fleming's a four or a four and one-half, but it just isn't a solid "5." Management should send the staff out to a world-class restaurant, so they could learn how it should be done at this price point.

In short, a very expensive and very nice dinner, but not the place I'd choose for an important anniversary or critical business meeting. There are only a few places around Washington, DC (or any city) which meet that criterion, and Fleming's isn't one of them. But the steaks are better than the other top line steak houses nearby and Flemings can be a very enjoyable evening. They just need a bit of attention to consistency in food and a little "upgrade" to staffing starting at the reception desk.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“Epitome of hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I majored in business and hospitality in college, and apparently so did whoever is running Flemmings. I wish I remembered our waiter's name because he was AWESOME. They aren't pushy or snooty (I'm not much for super fine-dining). Although, I can't say I wasn't star struck by the electronic wine menu. We do one nice steakhouse a year to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and I was happy to spend $200+ on a meal there. I ordered lobster and he ordered surf and turf. Both were cooked to perfection and delivered with warm hospitality. Great job, we will be back next year!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went on a Saturday night. Our reservation was taken on time. Our filet mignon steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted great. I had the Stiletto cocktail - I don't like sweet drinks - this was refreshing and not too sweet. Dessert of chocolate lava cake was fantastic.

Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious steak!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I took my husband to Flemings for his birthday dinner back in February. We were first to arrive so were offered to wait at a bar while our server gets ready. 7min later we got to the table. Pretty relaxed ambiance and friendly hostess! Our dinner was delicious!!!! Bone in Ribeyes were so tender and impressively delicious!!! Everything was absolutely fantastic! The only thing I would suggest to the management is that please make sure your servers are more attentive. We didn't get to see much of our waitress.

Springfield, Virginia
“Pricey but Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We took out teenagers to Fleming's and it didn't disappoint. The steaks were perfect, the wine recommendation was on point, and the chocolate soufflé was a perfect end to the night. It was a pricey night, but we would highly recommend Fleming's for a special occasion.