“Always Great, Even a Decade Later!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Maggiano's in Tyson's Galleria. We are located off of the Beltway near the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Washington Monument and Wolf Trap. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, graduation, or important client meeting. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including a fabulous Happy Hour. Look for exciting future events including an extravagant wine dinner. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Pittsburgh, PA
“Always Great, Even a Decade Later!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I first visited Maggiano's in the mall in Tyson's Corner a decade ago during a business trip. I had such fond memories of my prior visit, that I made a point of eating there again while visiting DC over the Memorial Day weekend. The atmosphere and service is great, the value is good for the Tyson's Corner/DC area, and the food is incredible.

My Mother is 100% Italian, and I always imagine that I am visiting my relatives in Italy when I dine there! I had the eggplant parmesan and it was out of this world! I can honestly say that it was twice as good as any other eggplant parmesan I have ever had, and I have made and eaten A LOT of eggplant parmesan in my life. It was so good that I brought the "take home" second entree home in my cooler so that my son could taste it! Two separate meals for $12.95 was a steal! I also love the Italian bread with the extra virgin olive oil provided at every table.

In an effort to provide full disclosure, when I was finished with my meal and the waiter brought my "take home" bag, I noticed a 3/4" cockroach walking across my table. I don't know if it was on the bag or had been lurking around the table the whole time I was eating. I suspect that many restaurants have issues with cockroaches, especially in areas where they are surrounded by other restaurants. Although that was the only thing that prevented me from giving the restaurant 5 stars, I did not let it ruin my wonderful meal and did not suffer any ill effects.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Long Valley, New Jersey
“Consistently good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Maggianos offered the same fare I have become accustomed to in other cities. The service is excellent and the food was as usual of a very high quality. Our options included the Chicken Francaise and Chopped Salad. An excellent and healthy combination from this restaurant.

Visited April 2014
“Avg food & service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The food prices were very low for DC area, and they have a value section where their gimmick is to give you a second entree to take home. A good deal if you live nearby, not so much as a traveller.

The waiter was friendly and helpful, but disappeared for long stretches. We ordered glasses of house wine at happy hour pricing of $5 per the menu, but at the end were charged $10/glass because our dinner ended after happy hour was over. Our total bill ended up being almost twice what I was expecting!

I ordered baked ziti that was neither ziti nor baked. I got a bowl of rigatoni with some good sauce and cheese that had been put in the salamander long enuf to melt the cheese.

My wife said her lasagna was probably the best restaurant lasagna she ever had. I had mentioned that we were there for our granddaughter's birthday, and the waiter surprised her with a plate of lemon cookies with candles.

Visited April 2014
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Amazing knowledge by the staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wow do these servers ever know the menu. Just terrific, friendly, balanced sense of humor, and the best food. Really delicious chicken parmisian and really nice, large, portions. Came with a side of pasta and marinara. The food descriptions made you want every recommendation and the made every dish sound amazing. I wish every restaurant cared this much about your personal experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hoco, maryland
“If you leave hungry, it's your own fault!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Party of 8, opted for family style (chef's choice = pick from premium items). pick 3 appetizers (10 to choose from; premium = crab cakes) and/or salads (5 to choose from), 4 main course (18 pastas, 4 chicken, 7 chicken/shrimp, 4 veal/beef to choose from; premium = rustic chicken & shrimp, crab & shrimp cannelloni, linguine di mare, lobster carbonara, lobster baked tilapia, veal parmesan, veal piccata, veal marsala, beef tenderloin medallions), 2 desserts (9 to choose from). they bring your 1st wave of appetizers, then the 2nd wave, then the 3rd wave.... until you cry uncle. or they'll bring any appetizer you want 4ths or 5ths of. they pack up to-go whatever you don't finish. next is entrees, same deal. then dessert, same deal. coffee and soft drinks are free with chef's choice. the rolls will keep coming, too, just ask. for $10/pp more ($5/pp kids), we felt chef's choice was the right choice for us. if you're not as hungry, you can choose to order light (3 app/salads, 2 pastas w/ cookies for dessert) or classic (same qty as chef's choice, just no premium item option). loved the beef medallion sauce, wonderful mashed potatoes came with it. balsamic-glazed salmon came with a rice medley. linguine and clams in a slightly spicy red sauce, perhaps a little stingy on the clams, lots of garlic! didn't try gnocchi and sausage, too full! (had to save room for dessert). we had 7 bags of food/desserts to take home by the time we were all finished. great service. sorry that there are none near us in maryland.

• Visited April 2014