“A great place for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Aberdeen, Scotland
“A great place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped off here for an early dinner after a day spent shopping in the Mall. There was no wait for a table so were promptly shown to one. My partner enjoyed his beer but unfortunately they didn’t stock any ciders (even bottled variety) so I had to make do with a glass of White Zinfandel instead. The food was nice and tasty and I loved the waiter double checking that I really knew what side I was ordering as I wanted chips ie. UK crisps which of course is the word we use to describe US fries!

The front desk staff had no objection either to calling a taxi for us given we were laden down with bags and didn’t want to use public transport back to our hotel.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great beer sampler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Loved the beer flight! Had a great meal and all of it was at a great price too! We came with a larger group of 12 women. They were able to accommodate us with very little wait time even though they seemed pretty busy. The service was still very good too. They did a great job managing our group.

Visited January 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Good concept, but needs attention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The brew-pub is an attractive though noisy corner inside a very large shopping mall (Tysons Corner). Seeing a brewmaster tending to the gleaming stainless steel vats is fun, as is trying the various house brews. But attention to detail was lacking. Servers were too casual, getting orders wrong and not paying attention to the tables. We were asked how we wanted our meat cooked, but "medium-rare" turned out exactly like "well done." Both plates were heavily garnished with onion rings, a nice idea but these turned out to be heavy and oily. The beer is the best feature, let down by the food and service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miranda B, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Biersch, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Gordon Biersch works hard to make our guests feel completely satisfied with their overall experience but it appears we fell short on your most recent visit with us and I apologize. Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience, if you would like to discuss it further, please email me at gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.
Vienna, Virginia
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

When we were just starting out, GB was a fancy meal, a treat we could afford- then the chain exploded and the standards suffered a bit. Tonight we decided to give the chain a shot and ate at the Tyson's location- we were pleasantly surprised. Good service, good beer and the menu delivered three tasty salads, good apps and the seafood Mac and cheese- wow. I am from the NE and I was shocked at how tender and fresh the plentiful bits of lobster tasted. One small glitch with a simple order of fries but the experience left us wanting to go back and try more of the menu. I think that in the last years or so that GB has gotten the message- great beer and a name can't sustain you

Visited March 2014
“Many options, all so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place although I didn't try the beer. Hubs had the homemade root beer and it was delicious. Food was so good, can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2014