“Very surprised by the quality and value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Homestead Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Weston, West Virginia
“Very surprised by the quality and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not terribly fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The room was tasteful with alternating tan and hunter green walls. Although I didn't use the kitchenette, the appliances available was not much less than you find in a home; the two-burner stove was more than plenty. I used the free "low speed" wi-fi but faster speeds were available for a reasonable fee.

The staff was very pleasant and professional. Pride of appearance and sense of professionalism was obvious.

This facility is clearly well run and very well managed. Attention to the the little things are evident.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Paul - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff, the pride they take in their work, and the overall cleanliness of the property. I will be sure to share your review with the team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in the VA area on extended business (3 weeks) and wanted more than a hotel room. This was a great alternative. Nice size room, with plenty of space to stretch out. Kitchenette (Fridge, microwave) was great, avoided forcing me to eat out every night. Quiet environment, close to main roads and restaurants, but far enough away to eliminate the traffic noise.

Staff was very friendly and appreciated a good joke. Margaret, Julia, Tracy ... thanks.

Only negatives were the expensive on-site laundry facilities, no workout facilities on-site and the once a week maid service. But Golds Gym nearby is available (free to guests) and extra towels and linens are available at front desk (if you needed them). Bed was typical chain hotel comfort level.

Excellent value for the dollar ... I would stay there again.
Check-in and Check-out process was quick and easy.

Room Tip: Full size refrigerator was a surprise along with the full strength Microwave. Shower water pressur...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Keith - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Thank you for the kind comments about your experience with us; however, we apologize that the water pressure in your shower was unsatisfactory. In response to your feedback, I am working with our maintenance staff to ensure this is optimal for all of our guests moving forward.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tyc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My room was a well-maintained efficiency apartment. All furniture and appliances were clean and in perfect working order. The air conditioning was set comfortably. The amenities you expect from a hotel were provided.
Julia at the front desk got me through the check-in process quickly and efficiently in a very courteous and professional manner. She was also a great help at identifying places to eat, etc., including providing menus.
I would highly recommend this location. It was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Ron - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about Julia at the front desk and the appliances in the room. I am sharing your review with Julia and my team. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a great find. All the other hotels in the area were $50+ higher and not as accommodating. Super clean, great service & Love the kitchenette! Julia greeted me with enthusiasm even though it was nearly 11pm and knew of a restaurant w/in walking distance that would still be open to grab a late night bite. I'll be staying there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Duran - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about the service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Also, I am pleased that you found our fully equipped kitchen an added value to your stay. I am sharing your review with Julia and the rest of our team. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very happy to hear that we achieved that goal during your stay.

Lost River, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a nice surprise. After avoiding this hotel based on online reviews we found ourselves with no choice and made the reservation. I was so pleasantly surprised when greeted by Julia who was upbeat, warm and helpful. The lobby was small but clean and the halls and meeting rooms were like any other chain hotel. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop but it didn't. The room is huge, clean and great for anyone with a longer stay. Granite counters, large fridge, cook top etc. for this price and more it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking only
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Brian - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad that you liked the service our staff provided, especially Julia. As well, it is great to read that your spacious, clean room was exactly what you were looking for, especially the in-room kitchen.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff was super friendly and helped me out in all ways possible. The hotel is a a great locations and the keep it real clean. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the Vienna area for a week or more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
James - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to receive comments regarding the staff being friendly and the hotel being clean. Also, I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and they are happy to hear of your positive experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at TYC@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel.
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was on a week's trip to Washington DC and my client office was located at Old Courthouse road. I asked my client to book me into a hotel with kitchenette. He gave me two options with one being this hotel and the other a Residence Inn Marriot. Both of them were close by. But unfortunately, the resindence Inn marriot was full for the week I was there and hence there was no other option for me but to stay here.

The hotel room was just a basic with old room conditioner/heater. Atleast they had installed a wall control panel that was digital to control the unit rather than manual control.

One of the cooktops was not working. Even after repeated complaints, the same was not rectified till I checked out. The Bath tub had the drain plug missing and after reminding two times, thy provided one, which of course was not setting perfectly.

The Bed was comfortable though and microwave was a saving grace.The number of electrical points was very good.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort of our beds and how much you liked having a microwave in your room; however, we apologize that one of the cook tops was not functional and that the bathtub drain plug was missing. I am sharing your review with my team to ensure that these issues are corrected as soon as possible and they do not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!