“Such a great surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Homestead Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Lost River, WV
“Such a great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a nice surprise. After avoiding this hotel based on online reviews we found ourselves with no choice and made the reservation. I was so pleasantly surprised when greeted by Julia who was upbeat, warm and helpful. The lobby was small but clean and the halls and meeting rooms were like any other chain hotel. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop but it didn't. The room is huge, clean and great for anyone with a longer stay. Granite counters, large fridge, cook top etc. for this price and more it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking only
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Brian - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad that you liked the service our staff provided, especially Julia. As well, it is great to read that your spacious, clean room was exactly what you were looking for, especially the in-room kitchen.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff was super friendly and helped me out in all ways possible. The hotel is a a great locations and the keep it real clean. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the Vienna area for a week or more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
James - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to receive comments regarding the staff being friendly and the hotel being clean. Also, I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and they are happy to hear of your positive experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at TYC@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel.
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was on a week's trip to Washington DC and my client office was located at Old Courthouse road. I asked my client to book me into a hotel with kitchenette. He gave me two options with one being this hotel and the other a Residence Inn Marriot. Both of them were close by. But unfortunately, the resindence Inn marriot was full for the week I was there and hence there was no other option for me but to stay here.

The hotel room was just a basic with old room conditioner/heater. Atleast they had installed a wall control panel that was digital to control the unit rather than manual control.

One of the cooktops was not working. Even after repeated complaints, the same was not rectified till I checked out. The Bath tub had the drain plug missing and after reminding two times, thy provided one, which of course was not setting perfectly.

The Bed was comfortable though and microwave was a saving grace.The number of electrical points was very good.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort of our beds and how much you liked having a microwave in your room; however, we apologize that one of the cook tops was not functional and that the bathtub drain plug was missing. I am sharing your review with my team to ensure that these issues are corrected as soon as possible and they do not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I approached the entrance, the glass doors were FILTHY. Once I stepped inside, I could smell a mix of whatever the guests on the first floor were cooking in their rooms. My room had food crumbs on the stove and the previous occupants dry goods were still in the cupboard. The blanket on the bed had hair on it, while the tub had mold.

I will not be staying at an extended stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that you found the hotel to be unclean. I am working with my staff to ensure that the level of cleanliness throughout our property is in line with our company's high standards moving forward so that this is not a problem in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

this hotel is really good, Cheap for DC. Clean and big rooms. I met with Nimesh Sharma there, a nice guy at front desk, helped me in quick check in/out. I would strongly recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kennesaw, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A business client booked this room for me. While not a premium business hotel, the room was large and well laid out, and in a convenient location. I got the King room, which was an extra $10. The furnishings were basic, but the room had everything needed for the veteran business traveler, like extra electrical outlets, desk, toiletries, and filtered water.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Cheap for DC. Clean and big rooms. Very deceiving the fact that they tell you you have free wifi and then you get there and you get it... But is very slow and you need to pay to make it faster. Breakfast included.. Yay! Until you see they have granola bars, lacks of Quaker oatmeal, some muffins and a couple of apples. Amenities? They ask you in the front desk if you want anything, well that's important considering that there is almost nothing in the room, on top of that they offer you amenities from extended stay and also from other chains! What I mean is that they had amenities form a holiday inn and a Hampton inn, maybe a previous customer left them in a room and they decided to reuse them, I don't know. I recommend this hotel for extended stays if is located close to your destination. For vacations, you can find better places for probable 5 or 10 usd more closer to DC.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!