“Stay here only if you have to” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Homestead Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Chennai (Madras), India
“Stay here only if you have to”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was on a week's trip to Washington DC and my client office was located at Old Courthouse road. I asked my client to book me into a hotel with kitchenette. He gave me two options with one being this hotel and the other a Residence Inn Marriot. Both of them were close by. But unfortunately, the resindence Inn marriot was full for the week I was there and hence there was no other option for me but to stay here.

The hotel room was just a basic with old room conditioner/heater. Atleast they had installed a wall control panel that was digital to control the unit rather than manual control.

One of the cooktops was not working. Even after repeated complaints, the same was not rectified till I checked out. The Bath tub had the drain plug missing and after reminding two times, thy provided one, which of course was not setting perfectly.

The Bed was comfortable though and microwave was a saving grace.The number of electrical points was very good.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort of our beds and how much you liked having a microwave in your room; however, we apologize that one of the cook tops was not functional and that the bathtub drain plug was missing. I am sharing your review with my team to ensure that these issues are corrected as soon as possible and they do not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I approached the entrance, the glass doors were FILTHY. Once I stepped inside, I could smell a mix of whatever the guests on the first floor were cooking in their rooms. My room had food crumbs on the stove and the previous occupants dry goods were still in the cupboard. The blanket on the bed had hair on it, while the tub had mold.

I will not be staying at an extended stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that you found the hotel to be unclean. I am working with my staff to ensure that the level of cleanliness throughout our property is in line with our company's high standards moving forward so that this is not a problem in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

this hotel is really good, Cheap for DC. Clean and big rooms. I met with Nimesh Sharma there, a nice guy at front desk, helped me in quick check in/out. I would strongly recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kennesaw, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A business client booked this room for me. While not a premium business hotel, the room was large and well laid out, and in a convenient location. I got the King room, which was an extra $10. The furnishings were basic, but the room had everything needed for the veteran business traveler, like extra electrical outlets, desk, toiletries, and filtered water.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Cheap for DC. Clean and big rooms. Very deceiving the fact that they tell you you have free wifi and then you get there and you get it... But is very slow and you need to pay to make it faster. Breakfast included.. Yay! Until you see they have granola bars, lacks of Quaker oatmeal, some muffins and a couple of apples. Amenities? They ask you in the front desk if you want anything, well that's important considering that there is almost nothing in the room, on top of that they offer you amenities from extended stay and also from other chains! What I mean is that they had amenities form a holiday inn and a Hampton inn, maybe a previous customer left them in a room and they decided to reuse them, I don't know. I recommend this hotel for extended stays if is located close to your destination. For vacations, you can find better places for probable 5 or 10 usd more closer to DC.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a great place to say! The hotel has been renovated the rooms are cared for and new carpet and flooring has been recently installed throughout the entire hotel. The staff is much more engaged to your needs and are very polite and nice when passing in the hallways and elevators. I recommend this hotel highly for all those that need to watch your budgets. The value is very high, especially those that need to visit the area often. Look forward to my return in two weeks.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and liked the hotel a lot. The hotel is located very close to my workplace and near to the mall and metro station. The hotel staffs were very friendly, Nimesh in particular was very helpful and helped me with informations about the area. I will definitely use this hotel if I have to come to the area again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!