“excellent, excellent, excellent choice to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Homestead Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Atlanta, Georgia
“excellent, excellent, excellent choice to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead Studios in Tysons Corner, VA for (1) one month on business. I had a excellent stay and the staff bent over backwards to ensure my visit was pleasant. Not to mention, they were undergoing and halfway completed with their lovely renovation, which did not inconveince me at all. :)

This location was in walking distance of everything (Olive Garden, McDonald's, Tysons I and Tysons II, Carry outs/Gas Stations, Banks, On the Boarder, Chilli's, etc...) Plus, there are numerous delivery options. The Homestead Suites, amenties and my room as a whole were superb. This was a safe location to reside and I do not say that lightly.

Additionally, they equipped my room with hearing assistance devices due to my hearing-impairment problem. :) My Mom felt extremely comfortable with me staying here because she knew I was in great hands with such a terrific staff. :)

The staff greeted me daily and inquired if I there was anything they could asssit me with. I would not only recommend, but also stay at this location again in the future.

Kudos to an awesome staff: Leah, Neville, Bruk, Jessica, Nemish and anyone else I may have accidently forgotten. :)

Thx and miss ya'll,

C. G. (Atlanta, GA)

Room Tip: Any room at this location! :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your wonderful review on trip advisor. We were happy to accommodate your stay and we will miss having you with us.

All of us at the Extended Stay America Tyson's Corner

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The manager Bruk made sure my stay was great. The room was clean with a full sized fridge, nice TV and work desk. They mentioned that they recently renovated and it shows in ways throughout the hotel. The internet is easy to get onto (nice perk) and the staff was always friendly and free breakfast was plentiful. I needed an extra cooking dish in my room and they happily obliged. When I didn't want to cook, I drove 4 minutes to Tyson's Corner. I would recommend staying here, especially to the folks that like to "feel at home" while travelling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Bruk was happy to heard he could help make your stay "Feel at Home." Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently remodeled this Extended Stay hotel is in a great location with my family having easy access to the large Tyson Corner's mall while I was away at work/meetings. It has an "at home feeling" at night with microwave, stove and larger then normal living area with flat screen TV,, and all at a great price. I stayed at another local hotel (international name) prior to my moving to Extended Stay and found it to cost far more then Extended Stay while offering much smaller rooms, little for the family to do and lacked the friendly free donuts and coffee in the morning Extended Stay is known for. I will be going back to this Extended Stay hotel on my returns to Washington.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. We strive to bring that HOME feeling as you so well described.

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

1. Hotel the newly re-innovated.
2. Hotel location is near to different kinds of food joints, mall and shopping
3. Front desk people (Nimesh) are good.
4. Internet and Many local calls are free.
5. Metro bus stop are nearby.

Cons.
Only thing I see is we Indian are need of Bucket and Mug, if they provide those, if will be very helpful for Indians at least

Room Tip: Lobby facing rooms are good b'coz it is bit more refreshing. Great location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. I do hope if you visit us again and we will try to locate bucket and mug for your use.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been working in Tysons Corner for 4 months and have stayed at many of the hotels in the area but primarily call the Extended Stay my “home away from home”. The hotel has been remodeled and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The price is outstanding with easy access to Tysons, the interstate and public transportation into DC. I have been on the road for 20 years and the best hotels have the best staff and this one is no exception. Always pleasant, attentive and prepared to answer questions or solve problems as they arise and make the stay just a little better. I have had a couple of small issues when I checked in but Jessica solved them immediately and followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was okay. The staff is a small group but I would put them up against the best “5 Star” hotels around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America, Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great inexpensive hotel. Very clean, great location near everything in Tysons Corner. I was really impressed with the staff who were among the most attentive I have seen... right down to the housekeeping.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at the Extended Stay in Tysons corner for a 2 day getaway to go to a ballgame. The area around the motel is quiet and safe as well as convient to 495 I 66. There are several resteraunts in walking distance and a 24 hours Mcdonalds close by. The staff was very helpful. Though noone is available at night when they are there there are friendly and helpful. When we checked in our room was really cold and the air conditioner was still running due to a thermostat problem. They immediately moved us to another room and then checked to see if we were ok. The room was clean and comfortable though the beds were at best queen size which when you are use to a king was a little cramped. The Wifi worked well. Again it is an extended stay hotel which means they don't clean everyday etc.. but we had plenty of towels etc.. my wife needed cream for her coffee and the staff went t a fridge and gave me an option of various kinds. We were Real pleased with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed the service we offered, your clean room and the amenities offered in it as well as the complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is so rewarding to get feedback like yours!

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!