“Lovely setting and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leesburg pike
Description: .
Washington
“Lovely setting and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Walking into Nostos was transporting--inside a nondescript office building is a light, airy, serene dining room which feels far removed from the concrete and asphalt outside.

Our waiter was pleasant, helpful and efficient, and he was a very busy guy in an almost-full dining room. With just two of us for lunch we didn't try the "mezedes" (small plates to share) but had soup, salad and lamb dishes. Very good all around, but be warned there is a lot of garlic involved in the lamb and potatoes. The semolina custard in phyllo dough was a delicious finish to the meal.

I'm looking forward to going back and trying more items from the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Fairfax, VA
“Good neighborhood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had Friday dinner there and the place was packed. Reservation is a must. We loved the appetizers - grilled octopus and beet salad. Our lamb entrees - lamb shank (osso bucco style) and boneless leg of lamb - were very tasty, and came in big portion. Lots of interesitng wines from Greece to complement the various dishes. We really enjoyed our meal overall and would go back to try other dishes, especially the small plates. Even with the place so crowded, our waiter was attentive and met all our need.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, MD
“Gourmet Greek cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went there for dinner and was extremely impressed with the food. I am not a big fan of "traditional" Greek food, I find it too heavy and tasteless. The preparations here were light, inventive and delicious. I wish the setting were nicer. I found it on the bright and noisy side and a little cramped. The bar area looked more inviting and I would probably sit there instead of the main dining room the next time. Service was bad at first, but we got the attention of a manager (I think) who helped out the waiter who seemed a bit overwhelmed. He took very good care of us and overall it was a fine experience. I would go back for the food, it really was amazing. My friend had never had Greek food before and loved it too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burke, VA
“Great place for a long lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch and to catch up. We had a wonderful meal, delightful desserts and some great coffee. Service was wonderful and the noise level was perfectly acceptable. It felt like fine dining at lunchtime prices. I plan on taking my husband for dinner sometime soon. My only note would be for folks not familiar with Tyson's to take the directions from the website - it is really tucked into the office buildings.

New York City, New York
“WOWIE! WOWIE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Best ! BEST ! Greek food I've eaten this side of Atlantic ..and maybe even better than in Greece( just there last April).
Traditional food with a gourmet twist... The roasted beets were mouthingly amazing! Lamb chops were perfect. Plain old Horiatiki salad was straight from the Mediterranean! the Cretan wine was succulent. Duck breast with squash was above and beyond! AND it was well priced. Great value and I loved the interior decoration. The only problem is... We live in New York!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere