“Gourmet Greek cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nostos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leesburg pike
Description: .
Bethesda, MD
“Gourmet Greek cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went there for dinner and was extremely impressed with the food. I am not a big fan of "traditional" Greek food, I find it too heavy and tasteless. The preparations here were light, inventive and delicious. I wish the setting were nicer. I found it on the bright and noisy side and a little cramped. The bar area looked more inviting and I would probably sit there instead of the main dining room the next time. Service was bad at first, but we got the attention of a manager (I think) who helped out the waiter who seemed a bit overwhelmed. He took very good care of us and overall it was a fine experience. I would go back for the food, it really was amazing. My friend had never had Greek food before and loved it too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia
“Great place for a long lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch and to catch up. We had a wonderful meal, delightful desserts and some great coffee. Service was wonderful and the noise level was perfectly acceptable. It felt like fine dining at lunchtime prices. I plan on taking my husband for dinner sometime soon. My only note would be for folks not familiar with Tyson's to take the directions from the website - it is really tucked into the office buildings.

New York City, New York
“WOWIE! WOWIE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Best ! BEST ! Greek food I've eaten this side of Atlantic ..and maybe even better than in Greece( just there last April).
Traditional food with a gourmet twist... The roasted beets were mouthingly amazing! Lamb chops were perfect. Plain old Horiatiki salad was straight from the Mediterranean! the Cretan wine was succulent. Duck breast with squash was above and beyond! AND it was well priced. Great value and I loved the interior decoration. The only problem is... We live in New York!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fine dining surrounded by noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We ate there once. The hard flat surfaces of walls and ceilings amplify the noise of fellow diners. The surroundings are sparsely but tastefully decorated, and the service is impeccable. The menu is extensive, and the dishes are artfully prepared and generally delicious. But, we will not return there because the noise level ruins what would otherwise be a superb dining experience.

Visited December 2012
Vienna, Virginia
“Great Greek Food in the NOVA Suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nostos serves very fresh and delicious Greek traditional dishes. I typically do not eat dessert at Greek establishments, because chocolate is important to me and there is rarely any chocolate. However... at Nostos the desserts are worth it. For example, the shredded phyllo dough stuffed with walnuts and honey, served with ice cream, is wonderful and satisfies my sweet tooth.

• Visited December 2012