“Nothing spectacular..” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Gainesville, Florida
“Nothing spectacular..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Nice and clean hotel with comfortable beds and the usual amenities. The hotel is conveneintly located close to the Tyson's Galleria mall (short walk away). The hotel has a restaurant on site and and Irish pub.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Dear SVG108,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback by writing a review.

We are glad to hear that you thought the hotel was nice and that you found it clean. It is also good that you liked the location and we hope that you got a chance to try the Tsucan Grill or O'Malley's pub while you stayed with us!

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Team

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night with our two children. We were allowed to check in early which was nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had no problems with the shuttle to and from the Metro station. The rooms were very clean albeit a little small. The beds were very comfy. I have back problems and I found the bed to be very comfortable. The inside pool was very nice. There was even a lifeguard stationed there. We enjoyed the on site restaurant as well. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. In fact, I'm looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Hello oceanbreeze843,

We are very glad to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable! I know, from experience, how inconvenient it can be to have to wait to check in especially with young children so we are happy to check guests in early if we can.

It is good to hear that you found our metro shuttle service convenient! We are also very happy that rooms were cleaned to your standards and that the beds were comfortable which is especially important for someone with a back problem.

Thanks you for the compliments about our pool and our restaurants we are really glad you liked them.

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We are looking forward to you coming back to stay with us as well!

The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Team
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I thought the hotel was nice. Got checked in early without a problem. Ordered food from room service which was good and fast. The only down side was for some reason the bed was not level, it was tilted to one side. The one night we had was perfectly fine.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear JRene1,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback.

We are happy to allow our guests to check in early because it can be very inconvenient to be waiting in a lobby for you room to be ready when you want to do other things. We appreciate your compliment about the room service food and to hear that you didn't have to wait very long to get it.

We are sorry about your bed not being level I would imagine wasn't the best for sleeping.

We hope that you will come stay with us again soon and we will be looking forward to it!

The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Staff
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed two days. She wanted to do some shopping at the Tyson's shopping areas and I had to do some stuff at DC. The hotel entrance is a bit hidden so it took a few loops to find it. The location is perfect if you want to go shopping. My wife loved it! Getting to DC was very easy as well. We asked if we could do a late check-out in order to do more shopping and the staff was completely fine with it. We travel with a small dog and they were VERY acommodating with her. The only bad thing was that our window view was a wall, but I guess that's what we get for travelling with a pup =).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear marquino7050,

It is very good to hear that you had such a positive experience while you stayed with us. We know that dogs are like family too so we try to be as accommodating as possible for ALL our guests.

It is good to hear that you and your wife were able to take full advantage of our hotels location from the shopping to ease of getting into DC.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback and write a review of our hotel.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Staff
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

My teen kid and I spent two nights at Crowne Plaza at Tysons Corner-Mclean. This is a nicely updated hotel (formerly Holiday Inn). The bar and indoor pool are very nice. The room feels like brand new. There are a few minor problems, however. One was the lack of communication between the front desk staff and cleaning crew. My kid was kicked out of our room long before the agreed-upon checkout time. He was taking a nap before the last round of chess tournament began and I was on the first floor. I suspected that this problem was caused by the first front desk (a gorgeous lady) that I asked for a late checkout a day earlier. She apparently did not log in my request, based upon my conversion with another front desk staff on the second day and the fact that my card keys did not work after I returned from lunch. I had to set up the late checkout for the second time. Another minor problem is related to construction noises from a neighboring building.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
CrownePlazaTC, Owner and Management at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Hello KMXlean,

First and foremost, we want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We take all reviews very seriously as we look at all opportunities to improve on our service.

Thank you for letting me know the details of your frustrations in regards to coordinating your late check-out. We look at this feedback to further improve our in-house communication and are truly sorry that it was not coordinated as smoothly as it should have been.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy O'Malleys Sports Pub, as well as the indoor pool.

If we had the opportunity to serve you again for a future stay, please let us know and we would love to be able to accommodate you and your family in the manner that you were expecting. We would like you to experience our service and hotel in the future, so please call me directly at 703-738-3128 if you wish to make a future reservation.

Again, thank you for your review and staying at our hotel.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Team
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed in room 615 of this hotel in late January 2010. After two mornings of waking up with ever-increasing amounts of bites on my arms, hands, face, and neck, I discovered that the bed in this room had bed bugs. While the front desk staff quickly agreed to move me to another room (which I thoroughly inspected before settling in), I was disappointed with how they handled the situation. The staff tried to cover up the fact that it was bed bugs by trying to claim that I had an allergic reaction (it took over two weeks for all the bites to go down,and I still have scars) and claiming that their staff found nothing when they inspected. I had to argue with the manager on duty to arrange for my clothing to be cleaned to prevent further spreading of the bugs. To add insult to injury, management never once followed up with me for the remainder of my two week stay to see how I was recovering. If not for the issue of the bed bugs the hotel itself might have been OK; however, due to the poor way this situation was handled, I will not stay in this hotel or a Crowne Plaza again and I will advise my loved ones to do the same.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Hello MadLibFan,

First and foremost, we want to thank you for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We take all reviews very seriously, as we look for every opportunity we can to review and improve on our service based on guest feedback. We appreciate your visit to the hotel and the Tysons Corner area back in January.

We apologize that we did not meed your needs during your stay with us. The issue with bed bugs certainly isn't typical for our hotel. After the issue was put to our attention, we had Steritech, a lead provider for pest prevention services inspect room 615. After a very thorough inspection of the room, they did not find any Bed Bug activity.

We are truly sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. If we had the opportunity to serve you again for a future stay, please let us know and we would love to be able to accommodate you in the manner that you were expecting.

Again, thank you for your review and staying at our hotel.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Team
Cayman Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I got this hotel thru priceline and got a great rate but it was listed as 4 stars so I was expecting a nice treat. There was nothing "real bad" about the hotel, just most definitely not 4 stars. I would say this is a 3 star hotel and that is it. Pros: Lots of free parking!; great location in Tysons for shopping, etc.; good price thru priceline. Cons: Rooms nice enough but bathroom was small and looked like a cheap upgrade was done; hotel overall looked a bit worn; heat was SUPER loud and didn't let us sleep either of the 2 nights we were there - HORRIBLE - room 121 (we should have changed rooms, I know, but didn't want the hassle). Summary - decent place if you get a good price but make sure you get a room where the heat or a/c isn't too noisy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaTC, Owner and Management at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
Hello Depelos1,

First, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value all the reviews that come our way! We are glad that you liked the location of the hotel and got a great rate for your stay. Thank you for letting me know the details of your thoughts on what we can improve on. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the noise with the heater. We would like you to have a better experience with our hotel in the future, so please call me directly at 703-738-3120 if you wish to make a future reservation.
Again, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Management Team

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!