“Nice Hotel - Great Bar, Friendly Staff, Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Frisco, Texas
“Nice Hotel - Great Bar, Friendly Staff, Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed 1 week at the Crowne Plaza Tyson's Corner. The hotel is a bit older, but not "old". The room was clean and bed and shower were clean and good. O'Malley's is the Irish Bar in the hotel. It was full every night we visited. The staff was excellent both in the bar and hotel. It is very conveniently located near shopping at Tyson's Corner and lots of top notch restaurants and bars. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels in the DC area and most other hotels paled in comparison. This hotel went above and beyond to ensure my stay was nothing short of perfect. The staff at the hotel was consistently professional and was always eager to assist in any way they could. The outside patio area was beautiful and was a great way to relax during the day. The pub located in the hotel had great food and welcoming staff that kept me coming back for more. I can honestly say I will always stay at Crowne Plaza during my trips to Tysons Corner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel before he went to Marine Corps Officer Candidate School. We were very relaxed and loved our stay at the Crowne Plaza. This staff was extremely welcoming and gave us everything we asked for. We loved our room and especially enjoyed the outside area and banquet rooms. Both the pub and hotel restaurant had good food and service. Overall, we will ALWAYS stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever we return to Tysons Corner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very comfortable stay with excellent service - quick and friendly and professional.And the most reliable internet connection I've had at a hotel in Va. The hotel was close to both malls , very accessible location, lots of shops and restaurants around. Best breakfast value at any Tyson's hotel ,kudos to the entire Hotel Management team for such a well run yet very friendly team of employees who actually show care and concern for their guests. Amber, Qaisar and their Manager Berat were very friendly , we had free champagne service at the check in time, we 'd stay here again during another trip to Va.

Room Tip: Nice at the price, free coffee in the mornings.
Green Features: Nice and clean lobby, nice patio, very friendly employees, ask for higher floor rooms with the fridge.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is awesome!!!!!! I work at a hotel as well and just meeting the front desk manager late at night ( Berat ) just made me brighten up and energized! Where do you find a person who thinks like yourself? Then you have the way the hotel is designed! Rooms and hallways it's amazing! Lighting is not too bright. I can't say more cause it would only be compliments I have and I can go on and on and on! Love this place! I'm coming back soon guys!!! :) Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: free parking !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Last year We stayed at a crowne plaza in Pennsylvania and had an awful stay, so we were given points to use on a future stay. Fast forward to this year we decided to buy tickets to the food and wine festival in Tyson's and a crowne plaza is directly across the street.

Perfect situation! I decided to use the points and booked us a stay. Booking online was very easy! I was impressed.

We had stayed at this location about 7 years ago on New Year's Eve and it was really nice.

Not so much this time. The front desk person was very nice. He said that they were giving us a nice/upgraded room but that was not the case. We got to the room and we were above the restaurant but it was the same room we had booked.

The room was very small and really was nothing special at all. I will say that crowne plaza always provides good toiletries.

The toilet seat was missing a cover piece and the grout was exposed and our headboard was stained. We stayed in room 920 I think.

Well it wasn't terrible if you need a quick decent stay and bed is comfy but in the future I will definitely choose a different brand. Definitely a solid 3 star but I'm picky and are really concerned from details.

• Stayed May 2014
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear “Bellasmom2013”;

I was sorry to read that your most recent stay with us was not what you expected, especially since you stayed with us about 7 years ago. Our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper will review with their teams the need to inspect rooms more thoroughly for all the details, so that our guests receive great service and a great product. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the bed and the Crowne Plaza toiletries and I hope you enjoyed the Taste of Tysons. We look forward to another opportunity in the future.

Sean A. Nunan
Assistant General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I mustve missed something because the minute I walked in I (wasn't greeted) by a front desk clerk. He seemed tired to be honest and spoke to me in such a dry tone he made E.T. seem more lively. Sorry this is something I look at when I check in. If you're not at least trying, I take note, and it makes me uncomfortable.
Lobby was beautiful though, way better than most Crowne Plaza's I stayed in.

I arrived early (8am) and he informed me that check in was at 3pm. I told him it was no rush (noting that I saw the mall across the way and figured I can hang around there and get coffee until actual check in). He informed me the mall opened at 9:30, but by the grace of unicorns he miraculously found a room that was ready.

I went to my room (without so much as an 'enjoy your stay'). Lovely.
These rooms on the first floor are nice. Very roomy and even had a little patio. There's no chair to sit in but nothing taking the desk chair out can't fix. It's blocked out by a wall, so don't expect much of a view, but still nice to get a good sense of what the weather is like.

My biggest pet peeve came around 4pm, with the noisy house keeping, banging away and talking loudly. The walls and apparently the ceiling aren't noise proof so you can hear vacuuming on the second floor. I had had a long morning traveling and the last thing I wanted to hear was that noise. It all stopped at a decent time, but wow, that's either the world's loudest vacuum or the worlds least sound proof walls.

There is an 1.5"inch gap under the door, I guess for the staff to place your check out info, but still it makes it very easy to hear people opening and closing doors and loud conversations.
I didn't take in the bar or dining area, I was pretty much over going outside and just wanted to rest.
It gets very quiet at night and I love that.

As far as the area, there is a mall with a Cheesecake Factory and other shopping on the main road. There is also a movie theater off the main road as well. This mall is very ritzy (funny I said that because the Ritz Carlton is right behind it.) Shops like Chanel, Versace, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, Neiman Marcus, and Saks is there. For the deal seekers there is a Macy's with great items there. Some of everything is within walking and driving distance.

Great hotel, the am weekend staff definitely needs some coffee, but other than that I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Even number rooms on the 1st floor have patios, Im not sure about the odd number rooms. Great shop...
Green Features: I love the fact that they are working to save water and energy here. The fact that you can walk in to a well lit room without the use of light bulbs is always a plus. I say keep up the good work.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear “TheAngryTraveler”;

Thank you for writing such a thorough review, however I was disappointed to read how our team was not at 100% during your stay. I do apologize and assure you that we will review your comments with our Front Office and Housekeeping Managers as we need to make sure all of our guests receive great service and have an excellent stay with us. We do appreciate your positive comment about being a “great hotel” and that you were able to get a good night’s rest. I hope that when you can return to our area that you give us another chance to prove that we can do it right.

Sean A. Nunan
Assistant General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!