“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel on a short vacation .
Upon our arrival we were greeted by an extremely helpful and friendly gentleman ho we believe is called Mina . All the front desk staff including Amer and Amber went out of their way to be of service recommending the best way to get around town and general information . We found their manner very customer friendly .
The rooms are large ,comfortable and very clean with good amenities.
The location is good with excellent malls within walking distance . The hotel runs a shuttl bus to the malls and metro station , they also took me to and from the local supermarket .
Large swimming pool which we all enjoyed . All in all excellent stay .

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear “Dogbolt”;

I was very pleased to read your glowing review of your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff and we have recognized Mina, Amir, and Amber at our departmental meeting. They are true examples of how our training does help to make our guest stays exceptional. It was also great to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy our amenities and that the shuttle was available to accommodate your needs.
Again, thank you for your positive review.

Yours in Hospitality,

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Welwyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Good clean room, king size bed, free WiFi, TV, iPod docking station, coffee machine, bath robe, toiletries but no mini bar although there was a fridge. My deal was great although breakfast was an extra $15, but for the average UK citizen you could survive all day on the fresh fruit, variety of hot buffet dishes & pastries. Good friendly & cheerful staff. As they say ' it does what it says on the tin ' and at sensible prices. It's also well situated for the 2 shopping Malls nearby!!

• Stayed October 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Elaine at the front desk was the most enjoyable and energetic person I've met yet. The room was very elegant and it felt was a vacation getaway. Everyone was willing to go out of their way with any needs that I had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear “Quang T”;

Thank you very much for the positive review of your most recent stay with us. I appreciate you mentioning that all of our staff went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of. This shows that our training does work and that we are exceeding guest expectations. Elaine is one of our stellar team members at the front desk and we will be sure to give her the recognition she deserves at our next team meeting.

Lightwater Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is easy to find not far off the main road, upon arriving the front desk staff are immediately very welcoming. My room was of a good size with a large comfortable bed, the bathroom was stocked with good quality toiletries, everything was very clean. They offer a lovely touch in the room of a sleep pack, by the bed, these little spa products are to help relax and unwind you. I went to O'Malleys pub for the evening, the atmosphere is great, the bar staff help with good service, ordered the chicken wings, excellent value and served really quickly, despite being busy. Breakfast is typical buffet style, all you need but not the best, it's ok. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Be careful about which side of the hotel you are on, easy access from the main road comes withe down...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear “garygeorge3”;

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your business trip to our hotel. Your positive comments tell us that you received everything you expected plus a little more. It was great to hear that the room and amenities were relaxing for you and that you had the time to enjoy our O’Malley’s Pub. The staff very much appreciates your kind comments and it shows that our training programs do work. The Executive Chef is also in the process of enhancing our breakfast buffet so that all areas will offer a very pleasant experience for our guests.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

IHG Platinum Ambassador. According to the IHG website, it means alot. But not much to this property. From start to finish, the staff were incredible. Professional, friendly and made me feel really welcome. I would come back here in a heart beat... if my girlfriend stayed there... I guess there is no lounge (at least none was mentioned) and its just weathered and tired. the wallpaper in the bathroom (room 252) had coloring all over it, we found hair in the bath tub, the king bed was sagging in the middle, we found a half eaten sandwich under the bed, ..stuff like that. and its just a shame cause everyone there works so hard. The Front Desk staff are awesome and offered me a great rate. Its easy access to the freeways. If my girlfriend didnt stay there for her layovers, I probably wouldnt go out of my way to stay there and probably head back to my platinum status with Hyatt where it means something...

Room Tip: not too sure. the section i was in got a lot of road noise. i was on the ground floor last year an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear “daboogah”;

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive remarks regarding our staff and will ensure that the Front Desk staff gets the recognition they deserve. I was disappointed to read of the condition of your sleeping room and apologize as we strive to be the best in our area. Comments such as yours do help us to improve and I personally will review room 252 with our Executive Housekeeper to make sure our standards are well maintained.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I came for a quick getaway and chose to stay here for the convenience of everything. Elaine made sure she anticipated our every need and made our visit even more enjoyable. We ate at O' Malley's and although the food was great and the staff was friendly, service was extremely slow and we got our food arrived and was almost finished before our water came. Overall, I'd still say it was an enjoyable trip. The weatherstrip in our window was hanging down and the ac was making noise but neither of these were hills to die on. Elaine should be the face of the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner.

• Stayed September 2013
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed Tues. thru Fri. for a business trip. Company picked up the tab. Just an average stay. Hotel was clean, room was clean. Staff were friendly and accommodating. No complaints. Breakfast buffet in the Tuscan Grill was OK. Personally I thought $15.00 was a bit pricey for what you got. I could have gotten the same breakfast for free at other hotels....plus I don't really care for peppers and onions and they were in everything. (ick!) Eggs, potato's...everything.

The only issue was that the TV kept messing up and would flip back to the "hotel" channel, while you were watching it, not when you turn it back on like they normally do. Got it fixed, but it kept doing it.

Other than that, it was uneventful.

Room Tip: No free breakfast. No Microwave in hotel at all, so don't think you can bring dinner left overs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!