“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I came for a quick getaway and chose to stay here for the convenience of everything. Elaine made sure she anticipated our every need and made our visit even more enjoyable. We ate at O' Malley's and although the food was great and the staff was friendly, service was extremely slow and we got our food arrived and was almost finished before our water came. Overall, I'd still say it was an enjoyable trip. The weatherstrip in our window was hanging down and the ac was making noise but neither of these were hills to die on. Elaine should be the face of the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed Tues. thru Fri. for a business trip. Company picked up the tab. Just an average stay. Hotel was clean, room was clean. Staff were friendly and accommodating. No complaints. Breakfast buffet in the Tuscan Grill was OK. Personally I thought $15.00 was a bit pricey for what you got. I could have gotten the same breakfast for free at other hotels....plus I don't really care for peppers and onions and they were in everything. (ick!) Eggs, potato's...everything.

The only issue was that the TV kept messing up and would flip back to the "hotel" channel, while you were watching it, not when you turn it back on like they normally do. Got it fixed, but it kept doing it.

Other than that, it was uneventful.

Room Tip: No free breakfast. No Microwave in hotel at all, so don't think you can bring dinner left overs...
Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is quite a noisy hotel (next to a motorway,big A/C turbines in one side,noisy plumbing from the other rooms and bad quality construction: walls,doors and cellings allowing noise to travel).
When asked if another room was available due to the A/C turbines noise I was left talking to myself on the phone by a very arrogant and rude front desk member (Abraham).
Tiered and poor in most areas hotel.

Room Tip: None!All very noisy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear “LouisVie”;

I was disappointed in reading your recent review of our hotel and apologize for the front desk team member reaction and miscommunication to your request to change rooms. We take all guest comments seriously and will review with the staff the need to ensure we listen completely and follow-up with the guest issue or request. In addition, our chief engineer will also check on the loudness of the AC units you refer to. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Winslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My company picks up the tab....it's all rather old fashioned, brown...swirly carpets, noisy a/c- that's impossible to control.....room too hot. Not the cleanest of hotels- my room is not cleaned in the 2 nights we have here
There is a pool- indoors & a decent size.
Basic room service- short hours. V basic buffet breakfast.
Staff friendly....
Personally...I wouldn't pay to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear”Sarahws888”;

I was disappointed to read your review of your most recent stay at our hotel. My sincerest apologies for you not having the service you expect and I personally have reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to follow –up with her staff. We pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations and will use your comments as more training for our staff. The engineering staff replaces the thermostats when temperature controls do not meet guest needs and our Food and Beverage Director is following up on improvements to breakfast and room service. We do look forward to a favorable review on your next visit.

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took my family on vacation before back to school. Very unhappy with the house cleaning service. After being out all day site seeing in DC and baseball game. Came back to the room at 11pm to no room service. The room was not clean nor did we have clean towels and rags. I was upset. I never stayed at a hotel and came backed to and uncleaned room. I went downstairs to be told that they will bring up some clean towels within 15 mins. Which was unsatisfactory. My kids were extremely tired and had to wait 10 mins before they could take a shower and go to bed. I will never stay at this hotel again. And on top of that no apologize from the front desk clerk was only told will send someone up to your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear “Liquetta F”;

I was distressed to read your review of our hotel and want to apologize for our lack of housekeeping services. We take great pride that our guests receive quality service and I will certainly review the situation you experienced with our Executive Housekeeper and staff to ensure this does not happen again. Again, my sincerest apology, and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future so we can show you we can do it right.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I had 2 rooms for 2 nights that we booked through priceline for my sisters wedding.

Wile the rooms were a bit tight for our families, smaller it seems than most hotel rooms, it was furnished nicely and the cleaning service was exceptional. Which brings me to the staff- the staff was awesome, always friendly, very willing to go the extra mile. Awesome, awesome service. As soon as we checked in, they warned us that they were housing 230 boy scouts. They asked if we wanted floors far away. We said no, because we had kids, and perhaps our kids' noises would blend in. The boy scouts were super well behaved.

Location is amazing, right in the heart of Tyson's Corner. They have a shuttle, which we used to take us to the reception. :)

I'd be back here in a heart beat.

4 stars, not 5 due to size of rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear “aishamichelle74”;

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review of your stay with us for your sister’s wedding. I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed their stay and that our staff was able to provide you with fantastic service. Your comments will be reviewed with all department heads so that we may recognize our team members at departmental meetings. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean, well-organized, and pleasant. All possible hotel amenities are available. The lobby attendants are very helpful and professional. It is in a very convenient and central location.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!