“Rude staff” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lisbon, Portugal
“Rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is quite a noisy hotel (next to a motorway,big A/C turbines in one side,noisy plumbing from the other rooms and bad quality construction: walls,doors and cellings allowing noise to travel).
When asked if another room was available due to the A/C turbines noise I was left talking to myself on the phone by a very arrogant and rude front desk member (Abraham).
Tiered and poor in most areas hotel.

Room Tip: None!All very noisy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear “LouisVie”;

I was disappointed in reading your recent review of our hotel and apologize for the front desk team member reaction and miscommunication to your request to change rooms. We take all guest comments seriously and will review with the staff the need to ensure we listen completely and follow-up with the guest issue or request. In addition, our chief engineer will also check on the loudness of the AC units you refer to. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Trish Drews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Winslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My company picks up the tab....it's all rather old fashioned, brown...swirly carpets, noisy a/c- that's impossible to control.....room too hot. Not the cleanest of hotels- my room is not cleaned in the 2 nights we have here
There is a pool- indoors & a decent size.
Basic room service- short hours. V basic buffet breakfast.
Staff friendly....
Personally...I wouldn't pay to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear”Sarahws888”;

I was disappointed to read your review of your most recent stay at our hotel. My sincerest apologies for you not having the service you expect and I personally have reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to follow –up with her staff. We pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations and will use your comments as more training for our staff. The engineering staff replaces the thermostats when temperature controls do not meet guest needs and our Food and Beverage Director is following up on improvements to breakfast and room service. We do look forward to a favorable review on your next visit.

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took my family on vacation before back to school. Very unhappy with the house cleaning service. After being out all day site seeing in DC and baseball game. Came back to the room at 11pm to no room service. The room was not clean nor did we have clean towels and rags. I was upset. I never stayed at a hotel and came backed to and uncleaned room. I went downstairs to be told that they will bring up some clean towels within 15 mins. Which was unsatisfactory. My kids were extremely tired and had to wait 10 mins before they could take a shower and go to bed. I will never stay at this hotel again. And on top of that no apologize from the front desk clerk was only told will send someone up to your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear “Liquetta F”;

I was distressed to read your review of our hotel and want to apologize for our lack of housekeeping services. We take great pride that our guests receive quality service and I will certainly review the situation you experienced with our Executive Housekeeper and staff to ensure this does not happen again. Again, my sincerest apology, and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future so we can show you we can do it right.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I had 2 rooms for 2 nights that we booked through priceline for my sisters wedding.

Wile the rooms were a bit tight for our families, smaller it seems than most hotel rooms, it was furnished nicely and the cleaning service was exceptional. Which brings me to the staff- the staff was awesome, always friendly, very willing to go the extra mile. Awesome, awesome service. As soon as we checked in, they warned us that they were housing 230 boy scouts. They asked if we wanted floors far away. We said no, because we had kids, and perhaps our kids' noises would blend in. The boy scouts were super well behaved.

Location is amazing, right in the heart of Tyson's Corner. They have a shuttle, which we used to take us to the reception. :)

I'd be back here in a heart beat.

4 stars, not 5 due to size of rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear “aishamichelle74”;

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review of your stay with us for your sister’s wedding. I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed their stay and that our staff was able to provide you with fantastic service. Your comments will be reviewed with all department heads so that we may recognize our team members at departmental meetings. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean, well-organized, and pleasant. All possible hotel amenities are available. The lobby attendants are very helpful and professional. It is in a very convenient and central location.

• Stayed August 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Loved this hotel. Close to DC, shops and malls. Has shuttle for local businesses. Great rooms, facilities etc and WONDERFUL staff. Free parking etc.very modern Staff from all over the world
How much more do I have to write Tripadvisor. Is this some sort of torture. The hotel is great. Don't put people off by asking for more!

Room Tip: Bet all rooms good!
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly in every aspect. Clean healthy. Couldn't be more so
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Firstly do not base your opinions on the photos on this hotels website, the pictures of the reception area do not show it as it really is, someone has some good Photoshop skills. In fact reception is dreary and desperately in need of a facelift. The Asian lady and Asian gentleman on reception were very efficient and helpful however from this point on the staff went down hill rapidly.. more on these issues later.

The room was large and clean although there were some hairs on the rim of the toilet bowl and one small towel looked unclean. Bathroom was average in size. The view from the room overlooked a car park and office block, as for room tips concerning views I don't think that there would be any view worth mentioning.

The air conditioning is fairly quiet but the controls were a little fiddly at first with a remote system installed on the wall. I had some food in the Hotel which I have to say was excellent and as usual far to much and consequently far to much waste. It was also reasonably priced. Although I did not have breakfast on this visit from previous visits I can recommend the buffet as it is very good and again reasonably priced. Forget the coffee though.. not good..

Now the negative ... during the evening I went to the bar and can honestly say that I have never come across such uninterested rude staff, It seemed that unless you were known by the staff you were not even acknowledged and when you were eventually served (if you can call it that) they couldn't be bothered. This comment may seem a little unfair but this is based on my 3 visits to the bar and 4 visits by two colleagues who experienced exactly the same. In hindsight I wish I had not left a tip as this would probably have gotten a response to which I could have responded.

Apart from the 2 Asian staff that we encountered a mention has to be made for the Bus driver who unlike most of his colleagues was helpful and very friendly. Someone high up within Crown Plaza needs to send in a secret shopper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear paulwflyer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. I appreciate you recognizing our Front Desk staff and driver who were helpful. You mention a facelift is needed and that is exactly what we are in the process of doing. Our lobby is currently undergoing a refresh and we try to let all of our guests know through the signage throughout the lobby and promenade that we are in the process now of doing this. We expect to completed by September and look forward to more favorable reviews! As to your comments regarding the Pub staff, I have shared your review with our Food and Beverage Director who is following up immediately to ensure that all guests feel welcome and acknowledged immediately and efficiently. Our Chef very much appreciates your favorable comments regarding our food and pricing. I look forward to your return visit so you will be able to experience the positive changes we are making.

Trish Drews

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!