Firstly do not base your opinions on the photos on this hotels website, the pictures of the reception area do not show it as it really is, someone has some good Photoshop skills. In fact reception is dreary and desperately in need of a facelift. The Asian lady and Asian gentleman on reception were very efficient and helpful however from this point on the staff went down hill rapidly.. more on these issues later.
The room was large and clean although there were some hairs on the rim of the toilet bowl and one small towel looked unclean. Bathroom was average in size. The view from the room overlooked a car park and office block, as for room tips concerning views I don't think that there would be any view worth mentioning.
The air conditioning is fairly quiet but the controls were a little fiddly at first with a remote system installed on the wall. I had some food in the Hotel which I have to say was excellent and as usual far to much and consequently far to much waste. It was also reasonably priced. Although I did not have breakfast on this visit from previous visits I can recommend the buffet as it is very good and again reasonably priced. Forget the coffee though.. not good..
Now the negative ... during the evening I went to the bar and can honestly say that I have never come across such uninterested rude staff, It seemed that unless you were known by the staff you were not even acknowledged and when you were eventually served (if you can call it that) they couldn't be bothered. This comment may seem a little unfair but this is based on my 3 visits to the bar and 4 visits by two colleagues who experienced exactly the same. In hindsight I wish I had not left a tip as this would probably have gotten a response to which I could have responded.
Apart from the 2 Asian staff that we encountered a mention has to be made for the Bus driver who unlike most of his colleagues was helpful and very friendly. Someone high up within Crown Plaza needs to send in a secret shopper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner hotel (formerly the Holiday Inn Tysons Corner) is your ideal choice for Tysons Corner hotel accommodations in McLean, Virginia. The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner hotel allows quick access to I-495 Capital Beltway, Rt. 66, Dulles International Airport, Reagan National Airport and Washington DC. We are the closest hotel to the Tysons Corner metro station on the Silver Line set to be open July 26th, 2014! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Crowne Plaza Mclean
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Mclean