“A pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Oslo, Norway
“A pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at the hotel. Parking is easy and staff are very friendly. Nice premises. The room was ok, but bathroom to small according to my requirement. The room was a twin bedroom. Comfortable bed. Free WIFI is a plus. I did not have dinner nor breakfast at the hotel so I can not say anything about food quality. There is also a swimming pool and a 24H fitness center at the hotel. If I come back to Tyson Corner I may come back to the hotel. Good value for you money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I loved our stay here. It is in a very central location, next to shopping; 3 miles from the Wolftrap park and the metro; near restaurants and Dulles airport. They also have an O'malleys there which is great. The staff is very helpful, they're willing to go above and beyond to please you. I will be making this my regular hotel for all my DC trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We loved this hotel. The location was very good. Close to everything. The Service was great, the manager went the extra mile to make sure we were happy. Nice, modern rooms. Very clean. HUGE pool, but the hot tub wasn't working while we were there. Breakfast was good. The price was great for the quality. I plan to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location is convenient to Tyson's Corner, McLean and DC, though difficult to get into because of road design. The rooms are adequate but small, as are the bathrooms. This was an old Holiday Inn that was redecorated and renamed. There is a musty odor in the hallways and the rooms, though it appears to be clean. New carpet might improve this issue. The air-conditioning produces a blast of cold air when it comes on, but the room alternates between stuffy and freezing. There is an in-room one cup coffeemaker, but no mini-frig or microwave. It does have a good wi-fi connection. We were told that breakfast was included when we booked but found out the next morning that our booking did not include breakfast as expected. We went elsewhere. The fitness center is very nice, well-equipped and was much appreciated. The pool was a highlight--the one advantage of an old facility is an enormous indoor pool that ranges from 3-8.5 feet, as well as super powerful jets in the hot tub. This made up for the musty smell elsewhere! However, it is only open during limited hours when a lifeguard is on duty. O'Malley's, the restaurant and sports bar, had fairly slow service but good food and beer. The staff in O'Malley's was much friendlier than the staff at the desk or in the Tuscan Grille, where we were turned away for breakfast after the front desk telling us that it was included. Know what you are getting, enjoy the pool and know that you are getting an average room in an older building.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Liz8910,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience as this will help us to improve future guest stays. I am sorry that your time with us did not meet the standards we strive to achieve. I certainly appreciate your comments about your guestroom and experience in our restaurant and was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our state of the art fitness center and indoor pool.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we value your business and that we can do it right.

Trish Drews
General Manager.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

So many changes have taken place in the past two months. I have been staying at the Crown Plaza Tysons Corner for the past 4 years on business for Hair Club. We have one more stay scheduled in two weeks and that will be the last. I will miss my Crown Plaza (Tysons Corner) family (Cofield, Sue, both Meenas, Abraham, Akrim, and Keith). If i left anyone out please forgive me. I am terrible at remembering names. Personally, I think all of you made my stay there feel like home away from home. I will miss all of you. We love you guys. Alright, enough of the mushy stuff...hehehe. The only hotel amenity missing are microwaves in each room. Other than that i have no complaints. Peace.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights for a business trip. Very good hotel with reseanble price.Everything is bove the avrege, staff are very nice and riendly. Rooms are clean and nicely decoratred. sleeping and bed were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

No privacy in this hotel, I sit in the lobby playing Ipad while waiting for my friends to pick me up. The front desk STOP most of the person that walk in to hotel lobby and ask them where he or she is going? What room number and what is the last name the person in that room? WHAT??? Really??? I never heard such thing like that but I heard it with my own ears while I'm sitting there.

If this is a cheap MOTEL, I can understand that. But Crowne Plaza is one of the Major Hotel in US. Anyone have the same issue with this hotel? Post it or write a review about that. I think Crowne Plaza Tysons Corners, VA Violated Hotel's Guest Privacy policy by doing that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Thomas W,

I appreciate you reviewing our hotel and we are sorry to give you the impression you spoke about. Our intent is to ensure that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance and this is one of the ways we strive to make sure that our guests are taken care of as many do appreciate our concern.

Trish Drews

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!