“Relax and Unwind” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ashtabula
“Relax and Unwind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is a great hotel. Close to great shopping and attractions. We just enjoyed the HUGE indoor pool and the Irish pub. The staff was very friendly and we really enjoyed the weekend. We enjoyed the pub in the hotel as well. The in room coffee was not great and we would have enjoyed better coffee service, but there was a starbucks across the street,

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and it made the room seem a little small. The bathroom had a very small count...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for a couple of nights. Everything average, except the staff, who are very friendly and helpful. A bit of a motel feel about it, but the rooms are functional and clean and have everything you need. The gym is ok but could do with some new equipment.
The bed was definately comfortable and I had a fantastic night sleep, which after all, is what a hotel is for! The bar is lively most evenings and again the staff are cheery and friendly.

Good location across from the Tyson's one & two malls.

Green Features: They do have a seperate recycling bin in the rooms and public areas, which demonstrates at least of an effort towards environment friendly
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear MD,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that our staff is very friendly and that you were able to enjoy a great nights sleep. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests get what they expect plus a little bit more and your comments regarding our staff show that our training and commitment to excellence are working well.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Trish Drews
Mexico, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our granddaughter left our family mascot at the motel and was so upset. The staff went to great links to find Oscar and return him to Indiana. This wasn't and easy task as he was well hidden, but the staff took the time and effort.

West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to stay near an enormous mall this is the place to be! The hotel itself is fine and has all you would expect from a Crowne Plaza. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms all very comfortable. I arrived late at night and the 24 hour room service was very quick, fast and not expensive. The hotel has a good Irish bar and coffee shop as well as regular shuttle buses to the mall. You can walk to the mall in about 10 mins of you prefer. It is easy to get into DC from here as well, the hotel will drop you off at a local subway station, door to door can take about an hour. Good hotel, well worth investigating.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights recently. My room must have been recently refurbished and was very comfortable and clean. The bed ensured an excellent night's sleep.
The staff is excellent. They were very friendly and helpful regarding local information and advice regarding the excellent shuttle service.
This hotel has possibly the best location for the two great Tyson's Corner shopping malls.
The swimming pool, gym and local restaurant are all good.
I look forward to staying again.

Shah Alam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is strategically located not far from the shopping mall, but you still gotta use the foc shuttle van provided by the hotel. The room was excellent and well furnished. I stay at the 7th floor, and the view was amazing. The thing that were a bit frustrated, when I gotta keep calling the reception service and ask for password, everytime I want to login the internet. Another thing was, the cleaning service was too early where I was busy getting myself ready to go to work. Also there was a problem in wrongly charging my bill, and this keep on going while I m already back to my country. Anyway, Brenda gave full cooperation in settling this matter. Thank you Brenda and Elaine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear mcsue5181,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you experienced with the internet and the cleaning services. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My stay did not start out on a positive note. I arrived in the area via the Dunn Loring metro station confident that I would be picked up as described on their website. I was surprised to learn that because I had arrived shortly after 4:00 p.m., that they will not send a shuttle until after 7:00 p.m.! After a lengthy hold and a little back and forth with the manager, he did agree to send the shuttle. A word to the wise- you will not find this or any other shuttle specifics on their website. It is best to check with them in advance to confirm whether their van availability fits your circumstance.
Once I was their, the manager was VERY nice and set me up with a complimentary drink and an apology.
My other unhappy front desk experience came when I tried to get specific directions to Coastal Flats restaurant. In the midst of my sentence I was cut off and he repeatedly said there all in the mall they are all in the mall! Well I never did find the restaurant and was peeved that he was unwilling to make an effort to be of help.
Other then these two issues, my experience was satisfactory.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear minnesotasparky,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of service received from one of our staff as well as the shuttle service. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!