“Excellent staff and nice hotel but a bit frustrated” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Shah Alam
“Excellent staff and nice hotel but a bit frustrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is strategically located not far from the shopping mall, but you still gotta use the foc shuttle van provided by the hotel. The room was excellent and well furnished. I stay at the 7th floor, and the view was amazing. The thing that were a bit frustrated, when I gotta keep calling the reception service and ask for password, everytime I want to login the internet. Another thing was, the cleaning service was too early where I was busy getting myself ready to go to work. Also there was a problem in wrongly charging my bill, and this keep on going while I m already back to my country. Anyway, Brenda gave full cooperation in settling this matter. Thank you Brenda and Elaine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear mcsue5181,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you experienced with the internet and the cleaning services. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My stay did not start out on a positive note. I arrived in the area via the Dunn Loring metro station confident that I would be picked up as described on their website. I was surprised to learn that because I had arrived shortly after 4:00 p.m., that they will not send a shuttle until after 7:00 p.m.! After a lengthy hold and a little back and forth with the manager, he did agree to send the shuttle. A word to the wise- you will not find this or any other shuttle specifics on their website. It is best to check with them in advance to confirm whether their van availability fits your circumstance.
Once I was their, the manager was VERY nice and set me up with a complimentary drink and an apology.
My other unhappy front desk experience came when I tried to get specific directions to Coastal Flats restaurant. In the midst of my sentence I was cut off and he repeatedly said there all in the mall they are all in the mall! Well I never did find the restaurant and was peeved that he was unwilling to make an effort to be of help.
Other then these two issues, my experience was satisfactory.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear minnesotasparky,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of service received from one of our staff as well as the shuttle service. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Millville, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Although the room was clean and well furnished, if youre not alone, you'd best be on good terms with your traveling companion. The room was smaller than any 2-3 star hotel I've ever visited. There was 13" of hanger-rod space in the "closet", which has a curtain for a door (not enough room to open a door). I was a single traveller on business for a week and had to hang suits, shirts and pants on door hinges and window curtain rods. I was forced to leave winter coats in the car. Yes, the staff were all smiles and genuinly garcious, but they didn't have to stay in one of their rooms. Next time, it's the Courtyard next door or the Ritz across the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear OpaSteve,

I am happy to hear that our rooms were clean and well appointed. I was sorry to hear though, that the room size was not adequate for your length of stay.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to our area and a larger room will be reserved for you. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to show you that we can do it right.

Trish Drews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at the Hilton or Hyatt but we gave Crowne Plaza a try after seeing some positive reviews. The service was outstanding! The hotel was fully booked for the weekend with a wedding and a few corporate events but the front desk (Elaine, Mina, and another gentleman) were just amazing. I, being the idiot boyfriend that I am, made a mistake in the booking (completely my fault) and booked a smaller room for 2 adults. I asked if there was anything that could be done and they made it happen. They were fast, friendly, and professional. They moved me to a larger room (even while they were super busy checking people in) and even offered to help me move my luggage. They made it so easy and, well, so hospitable! This is the type of service that makes you want to come back; the type of service that other hotels should aspire to.

Thank you Elaine and Mina!

• Stayed April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a grueling drive through the nether regions of DC, I arrived at the hotel my company booked for a meeting. Over $300 bucks with taxes for this room. I was placed in a room with connecting doors. The noise from the neighbors was ridiculous. The room service menu has outdated prices, at least 2 of the offerings were underpriced based on what was charged to the room. I complained and they comped the difference. But the true horror was the bathroom! There was hair in the sink! There was a wormy little insect in the toilet!! There was NO WORKING SHOWER in my room!!! Not a drop of water came out of the faucet!! Since I woke up early due to the racket in the room next door, I had time to bird bathe at the sink. If I had risen at my normal time, there is no way I could have gone to Plan B for bathing and been on time. I told front desk about the hair, the bug, the SHOWER, and the guy showed no concern and gave no price reduction whatsoever. His comment was if I had notified them the night before I would have been moved. When I check in to a hotel I do not go straight to the shower and cut it on. Believe you me, I will do that from now on! And I will not EVER recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
Dear TJTarheel,

I was distressed to read your unsatisfactory stay with us. I would like to apologize for not meeting your needs while you were here.
Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we may resolve them with our team. We look forward to serving you in the near future to show that we can do it right.

Trish Drews
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel. Staff extremely friendly. Located near excellent restaurants and shopping malls. Not far either from Dulles International. Small gym. Indoor pool. Cosy bar. Hotel has a courtesy bus also that takes guests to nearby locations

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Landisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We wanted to go to Washington to see the cherry blossoms and found an incredible deal here! It was our first stay,, but we will definitely be back. Friendly, helpful service all around, free shuttle service to the metro, free parking, easy access to the hotel without tons of traffic, mall & restaurants directly across the street. Very clean. Pool & hot tub (although we were too tired to use it)! Fantastic food at O'Malleys Pub right at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!