“One the best Girls Weekends Ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“One the best Girls Weekends Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

From the minute we arrived we were full of giggles jokes and all. We were greeted by a very friendly and patient guest services rep. We told him we were hear for fun, laughs and shopping and he assured us that we would have a comfortable and great stay. He went over all the amenities (restaurants, swimming pool, fitness center and shuttle). He gave us our room keys and told us to call if we have any problems. We left out for awhile and when we returned he asked asked us how our evening was and wished us a good night. Our room was spotless and very up to date just as we viewed on line. The second night we came in and Mina remembered us and asked us how our stay had been up to that point. We all at one time said "great". We all laughed he laughed with us. We forgot to bring a wine opener and when we ordered room service they offered to open our bottle for us. Room service delivered our food in 20 minutes opened our wine and did it with a smile. Crowne Plaza must have a culture of customer service throughout because every staff person we came in contact with was great to us. Very friendly conscientious staff. If I could give more than 5 rating I would. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of states and other countries and this is one of the best ever. Thank you Crowne Plaze for a great stat!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in the area overnight for a real estate closing, and the hotel was very conveniently located for our purpose. Our room was extremely attractive, comfortable and clean. Handicapped bathroom was very well-designed and equipped. Amenities very nice, including sleep aids. We had dinner at the hotel pub with complimentary glasses of wine and beer. Reuben sandwich excellent. Breakfast buffet also excellent with choices you don't often find elsewhere. Hotel staff could not have been any nicer or more efficient. We felt that the Crowne Plaza was a terrific value for the money and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Tyson's Corners area. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for about 5 months (Mon-Thurs) for business travel. The staff is very friendly, accommodating, and get to know you very quickly. The workout room is a bit small, but can handle a decent "travel" workout. Co-workers also used to run outside in the area, which is perfectly safe from our experience. The pool is clean and a good size for laps. The area can be very congested during rush hour, but is close to the highway and easy to get to different parts of VA or into DC. During my extended stay, they were updating most of the rooms, which was nice when you got one.

Room Tip: The three story side is better than the tower for executive style rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jeffrey G,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hopewell Junction, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me paint you a picture on how somethings can go wrong and the Crowne Plaza can make it right. After driving 7 hours from NY to Virginia for my sister's wedding and discovering at 12:30 am saturday morning that the toilet does not flush and is backing up, how a nightmare can become sweet dreams. The night manager Mina Yanni felt completely helpless because he had no way of correcting the plumbing issue with no maintenance personnel or even a plunger. His frustration led to my dissatisfaction with his service. They changed my room and the bride to be had to sleep on a cot. The next morning after my husband showered, hair backed up into the tub from unknown sources. They had to change my room again and we insisted on speaking to the manager on duty, Mia Carter. She insured us she would correct the previous lack of service and leave us satisfied. She had Mr. Yanni contact us, apologize and comp us the night. He became my morning sunshine. Ms. Carter then comped us another night and a breakfast. To ensure that the Bride who arranged for her guests to stay at the hotel was satisfied provided a shuttle to the venue for her guests that was previously not made available without a charge at no expense. When the bride is happy, I'm happy. Thanks again Mr. Yanni and Ms. Carter. I believe that the plumbing problems are caused because it is a pet friendly hotel and the guests use no common sense and are probably bathing their dogs, Again the managers went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our satisfaction. They have two fine restaurants. O;Mally's bar and grill on the first floor, great food and service, ask for Vince, he's ACES. Next door is a fantastic steak house, Fleming's. I would give them 10 stars if I could and our waiter, Jordan Lily made 16 people feel special. Ladies if you need a place to get your hair done, go to ZOE Salon in the Tyson Corner Center. Tammy & Joy will take care of you. When Tammy was finished with the bride, she was so beautiful I cried. I must say I looked great also. My daughter hair was beautiful, thank you Tammy & Joy for everything.

Room Tip: Find out if it's a pet friendly hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Luann M,

Thank you so much for your positive review of your recent stay with us. I am truly happy that we were able to turn everything around for you and your family and that the bride was also taken care of. We have already put a plan into action to ensure we are better prepared at the front desk in the event this type of situation ever comes up again. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests leave our hotel satisfied and your comments regarding our staff show that our training and commitment to excellence are working.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your review.

Yours in Hospitality,

Trish Drews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed there for business and found the location to be fantastic. Right across the street from the mall, not too far from the airport, and close to many nice restaurants. The service provided by the entire staff was exceptional and I would stay there again. The only thing I would advise to watch out for are the plugs. I plugged in both my phone and laptop at night and found neither were charged. The plugs apparently are a bit loose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a family event. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. The robe was especially nice. Good bed, good shower. It's a little hard to find the entrance to this hotel. Our GPS told us to go to the wrong side. But we had a very good stay. And the front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salem, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here one weekend and it was exactly what I was looking for. The biggest draw for me was the location close to DC and the free parking. There were plenty of spaces and I felt safe leaving my car in the lot.

The location is a little difficult to find the first time just because it's in a busy area with lots of traffic. But the traffic dies down at night and on the weekends and it's in a great location. There is shopping nearby and plenty of restaurants. I liked the proximity to the highway.

My room was beautiful and spacious. Everything was nice a clean and stylish. The bathroom was a little small but to be honest it wasn't a problem and the layout was unique so I liked it.

I will definitely be staying here again when I visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!