“Very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a family event. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. The robe was especially nice. Good bed, good shower. It's a little hard to find the entrance to this hotel. Our GPS told us to go to the wrong side. But we had a very good stay. And the front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Salem, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here one weekend and it was exactly what I was looking for. The biggest draw for me was the location close to DC and the free parking. There were plenty of spaces and I felt safe leaving my car in the lot.

The location is a little difficult to find the first time just because it's in a busy area with lots of traffic. But the traffic dies down at night and on the weekends and it's in a great location. There is shopping nearby and plenty of restaurants. I liked the proximity to the highway.

My room was beautiful and spacious. Everything was nice a clean and stylish. The bathroom was a little small but to be honest it wasn't a problem and the layout was unique so I liked it.

I will definitely be staying here again when I visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would like to thank all who helped me with my stay at the Crown Plaza Hotel at their Mclean, Va. location. Four gentlemen, Cofield, Abe, Johnathan and the security guard Mr. Francisco were All Amazing in every way throughout my visit. They were always corteous to me, and expressed concern for me on my visit to DC. I could see that they cared very much for their guests and would stop at nothing to go out of their way to aid me with any issues or concerns. Thanks to these gentlemen I wil not have to wonder which hotel to stay at in any future visits. I look forward to coming back to Crown Plaza where my stay was Extraordinary.

Steven Simon
Midwest Medical Services

Room Tip: All the rooms I have been in at this location were Superb so far.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Simon;

Thank you very much for such a positive review regarding your stay at our hotel. I have shared your review with our management staff as well as our team members and we personally will recognize all that you mentioned in departmental meetings. It is a pleasure to hear that that our overnight staff, Jonathan and the security guard, in addition to Cofield and Abe, did such a wonderful job.

We take great pride in ensuring that our guests get what they expect plus a little bit more and your comments regarding our staff show that our training and commitment to excellence are working well.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Trish Drews
Buckingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Ok hotel. Staff lovely but hotel could do with a face lift ... Well placed for shopping & easy to get to down town
Ok breakfast. In house pub good value at happy hour but average bar food . Share the staff didn't tell me happy hour started 3 mins after I paid for my drinks ....
I stay here with work not sure if I'd pay to stay here
Small gym ok for a basic work out but there us a pool

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the candid review. I am pleased that you liked our staff. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I arrived at this hotel on March 2,2013 after a 12 hour drive from Florida, It was very special that I was greeted and made my daughter and I feel very welcome, the front desk had a really nice and friendly man named Abraham. What a gem that man is!! friendly and full of good information.
We got upgraded room that was very clean and had everything we needed, plus a few extra things that made us feel special. the "spa package" that was left in our room was really nice, with the leg cream and the spray.
I would and plan to recommend this hotel to everyone that ask me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The reception and bar staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. They have buses to the shops that aren't near the walking-distance mall. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though my only criticism would be the air conditioning is noisy and came on half way through the night scaring the life out of me!

Breakfast was good and the waiter "German" couldn't have been friendlier. Overall great stay!

• Stayed March 2013
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 20 feb.... Allocated room 344. Clean and tidy room. Ordered room service. Hot chicken wings and salad $21. This includes a compulsory 21% service charfe.Food was ok, though the wings were a bit overcooked .. Tasty non the less. The hotel 3rd floor was very quiet. It's a pity that the " we keep this floor as quiet as possible " sign was gone since my past visit. Bed was very comfortable. Despite it being very cold outside , the room heating worked perfectly. There is plenty of free car parking if you have a car. Overall a good stay

• Stayed February 2013
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear ianbeale,

Thank you for writing a 4-star review on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you treated yourself to room service. Recently we have moved our “Quiet Zone” from the 3rd floor low–rise to the 7th and 8th floors of our high-rise. We encourage you to ask for those floors on your next stay with us.

Yours in hospitality,