“Ok hotel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Winslow, United Kingdom
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Ok hotel. Staff lovely but hotel could do with a face lift ... Well placed for shopping & easy to get to down town
Ok breakfast. In house pub good value at happy hour but average bar food . Share the staff didn't tell me happy hour started 3 mins after I paid for my drinks ....
I stay here with work not sure if I'd pay to stay here
Small gym ok for a basic work out but there us a pool

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the candid review. I am pleased that you liked our staff. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I arrived at this hotel on March 2,2013 after a 12 hour drive from Florida, It was very special that I was greeted and made my daughter and I feel very welcome, the front desk had a really nice and friendly man named Abraham. What a gem that man is!! friendly and full of good information.
We got upgraded room that was very clean and had everything we needed, plus a few extra things that made us feel special. the "spa package" that was left in our room was really nice, with the leg cream and the spray.
I would and plan to recommend this hotel to everyone that ask me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The reception and bar staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. They have buses to the shops that aren't near the walking-distance mall. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though my only criticism would be the air conditioning is noisy and came on half way through the night scaring the life out of me!

Breakfast was good and the waiter "German" couldn't have been friendlier. Overall great stay!

• Stayed March 2013
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 20 feb.... Allocated room 344. Clean and tidy room. Ordered room service. Hot chicken wings and salad $21. This includes a compulsory 21% service charfe.Food was ok, though the wings were a bit overcooked .. Tasty non the less. The hotel 3rd floor was very quiet. It's a pity that the " we keep this floor as quiet as possible " sign was gone since my past visit. Bed was very comfortable. Despite it being very cold outside , the room heating worked perfectly. There is plenty of free car parking if you have a car. Overall a good stay

• Stayed February 2013
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear ianbeale,

Thank you for writing a 4-star review on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you treated yourself to room service. Recently we have moved our “Quiet Zone” from the 3rd floor low–rise to the 7th and 8th floors of our high-rise. We encourage you to ask for those floors on your next stay with us.

Yours in hospitality,
Trish Drews
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I rather enjoy this hotel as per last years review but I must admit I have noticed this place is getting tired.

Little touches throughout the hotel seem to be lacking and I feel management may be cutting back. For example a number of items I wished to order from the room service menu where "no longer available" despite being present on the menu. Also lacking was the little package by the bed with pillow sprays. I also noticed that the building was rather dusty throughout the corridors and rooms so perhaps a cutback in cleaning staff?

Hopefully my next visit will show am improvement however I still found my stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear “Irishstandards”

Thank you very much for your review of your latest stay at our hotel. We do take all guest reviews seriously and work to ensure we improve for future visits. I pride myself on the “little touches” throughout the hotel and was distressed to hear that we have been lacking in cleanliness and we were out of room service items. I will certainly review this with my Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Manager. We have changed our sleep amenity package which includes a smaller spray than previous. If you did not receive this amenity, I apologize. Recently, we installed new corridor carpet and wall vinyl and during the summer months, we are planning a lobby refresh. I look forward to you enjoying a return stay.

Trish Drews
Springville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I personally thought this was a great hotel. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful and extremely nice. The room I was in was super clean and all the amenities looked new. This hotel offers an indoor swimming pool, gym and a shuttle. The only downside to the shuttle is they only offer it to people needing to travel within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. The hotel also offers a pub/restaurant which offers excellent food and libations. For breakfast they offer a breakfast bar which is really good. The price is around $16 per person but compared to some other hotels this is a good price. If we return to the McLean, Va. area any time soon I will definitely be staying here again.

Another great note is my plane arrived early into D.C. and arrived at the hotel around 9:45am and they had a room ready for me which was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Overall the rooms are nice. I have stayed here twice, the first time the front desk upon departure was challenging because the young guy checking out was condescending and shouldn't be in customer service. The hotel bar Omalleys is ok. The food could use a refresh but it is suitable. Good price for location and clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear jim2968,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for the nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!