“Comfortable but getting tired” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Comfortable but getting tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I rather enjoy this hotel as per last years review but I must admit I have noticed this place is getting tired.

Little touches throughout the hotel seem to be lacking and I feel management may be cutting back. For example a number of items I wished to order from the room service menu where "no longer available" despite being present on the menu. Also lacking was the little package by the bed with pillow sprays. I also noticed that the building was rather dusty throughout the corridors and rooms so perhaps a cutback in cleaning staff?

Hopefully my next visit will show am improvement however I still found my stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear “Irishstandards”

Thank you very much for your review of your latest stay at our hotel. We do take all guest reviews seriously and work to ensure we improve for future visits. I pride myself on the “little touches” throughout the hotel and was distressed to hear that we have been lacking in cleanliness and we were out of room service items. I will certainly review this with my Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Manager. We have changed our sleep amenity package which includes a smaller spray than previous. If you did not receive this amenity, I apologize. Recently, we installed new corridor carpet and wall vinyl and during the summer months, we are planning a lobby refresh. I look forward to you enjoying a return stay.

Trish Drews

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Springville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I personally thought this was a great hotel. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful and extremely nice. The room I was in was super clean and all the amenities looked new. This hotel offers an indoor swimming pool, gym and a shuttle. The only downside to the shuttle is they only offer it to people needing to travel within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. The hotel also offers a pub/restaurant which offers excellent food and libations. For breakfast they offer a breakfast bar which is really good. The price is around $16 per person but compared to some other hotels this is a good price. If we return to the McLean, Va. area any time soon I will definitely be staying here again.

Another great note is my plane arrived early into D.C. and arrived at the hotel around 9:45am and they had a room ready for me which was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Overall the rooms are nice. I have stayed here twice, the first time the front desk upon departure was challenging because the young guy checking out was condescending and shouldn't be in customer service. The hotel bar Omalleys is ok. The food could use a refresh but it is suitable. Good price for location and clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear jim2968,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for the nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

O'Malley's Pub made my trip completely worthwhile. Being in a very prestigious location, the bar is nowhere near pretentious. O'Malley's is very welcoming and clients from other hotels frequent the location because of the atmosphere. The food has typical bar food, but has many extra selections that will satisfy you palette. Exceptional service is guaranteed from the extremely attentive bartenders Vince and Saba.

• Stayed February 2013
Maynardville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

On the surface, this Crowne Plaza hotel held promise of a comfortable and pleasant stay. In all fairness, if it had not been for the two MAJOR mishaps and the manager's utter inability to offer anything in return, the stay would have been lovely.

The first incident occurred when I was not in the room and my husband was getting ready for a party. Upon plugging in the iron, he was greeted with electrical sparks, smoking, and a small fire that burned straight through the cord to the iron. This severed the cord and left the plug to the iron stuck right in the wall. Wisely, he refused to touch the outlet again. But when he called to complain and order a new iron, he was not offered a different room and received no apology. In fact, when I complainned upon checkout, the manager had no knowledge that the incident had occurred at all. While a near electrical fire is something we could deal with since no on got hurt, the next mishap really takes the cake.

We were greeted in the morning by an unwelcome visitor in our bed. Thank goodness it was on my husband's side, but when he rose and pulled back the sheets, we were shocked to see that he had been sleeping on a cockroach all night...nude. eeeeeeeeewwwwwww. I actually got sick as soon as I saw its smushed carcass. Made for a rather unpleasant morning and a rush to evacuate the room.

Now, I'm not typically one to complain unless it is warranted, but when I feel as though I didn't get the benefit of what I paid for due to incidents such as these, I feel that I should be reimbursed somehow. I remained pleasant and talked to the manager on duty, who when I asked what he could do for me, merely gave me his business card and said to call him next time wee return to his hotel and he would see what kind of 'rate' he could get us. Pointless. My husband and I live in Tennessee and will never want to be returning to the Tyson's Corner Crowne Plaza after that. A more effective offer would have been some voucher or discount usable at any Crowne Plaza, but he was unwilling or able to offer such. In short, I paid for a pretty unpleasant hotel stay. And that's that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Rosiee0916,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

it was my first stay here but was treated like a regular. Everyone I encountered on the staff was courteous & well informed. Two individuals stood out, Theresa from housekeeping & the gentleman that drives the shuttle in the daytime. They made me feel welcome and really enhanced my experience.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Even though this hotel ticks all the boxes: good sized rooms, friendly service, gym and swimming pool and good locationit was somehow unexciting.
The rooms are good size, yes, with the collossal bed as is standard in the US, however the bathroom looked more than tired. The gym was clean but small, the pool was big enough but needs a fresh lick of paint.
Definite plus were the huge breakfast selection as well as the excellent location if you are in town for shopping at either of the two big shopping malls, also the new subway will have stop right around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Lord_Nibbler1976,

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!