“Exceptional Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

O'Malley's Pub made my trip completely worthwhile. Being in a very prestigious location, the bar is nowhere near pretentious. O'Malley's is very welcoming and clients from other hotels frequent the location because of the atmosphere. The food has typical bar food, but has many extra selections that will satisfy you palette. Exceptional service is guaranteed from the extremely attentive bartenders Vince and Saba.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maynardville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

On the surface, this Crowne Plaza hotel held promise of a comfortable and pleasant stay. In all fairness, if it had not been for the two MAJOR mishaps and the manager's utter inability to offer anything in return, the stay would have been lovely.

The first incident occurred when I was not in the room and my husband was getting ready for a party. Upon plugging in the iron, he was greeted with electrical sparks, smoking, and a small fire that burned straight through the cord to the iron. This severed the cord and left the plug to the iron stuck right in the wall. Wisely, he refused to touch the outlet again. But when he called to complain and order a new iron, he was not offered a different room and received no apology. In fact, when I complainned upon checkout, the manager had no knowledge that the incident had occurred at all. While a near electrical fire is something we could deal with since no on got hurt, the next mishap really takes the cake.

We were greeted in the morning by an unwelcome visitor in our bed. Thank goodness it was on my husband's side, but when he rose and pulled back the sheets, we were shocked to see that he had been sleeping on a cockroach all night...nude. eeeeeeeeewwwwwww. I actually got sick as soon as I saw its smushed carcass. Made for a rather unpleasant morning and a rush to evacuate the room.

Now, I'm not typically one to complain unless it is warranted, but when I feel as though I didn't get the benefit of what I paid for due to incidents such as these, I feel that I should be reimbursed somehow. I remained pleasant and talked to the manager on duty, who when I asked what he could do for me, merely gave me his business card and said to call him next time wee return to his hotel and he would see what kind of 'rate' he could get us. Pointless. My husband and I live in Tennessee and will never want to be returning to the Tyson's Corner Crowne Plaza after that. A more effective offer would have been some voucher or discount usable at any Crowne Plaza, but he was unwilling or able to offer such. In short, I paid for a pretty unpleasant hotel stay. And that's that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Rosiee0916,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

it was my first stay here but was treated like a regular. Everyone I encountered on the staff was courteous & well informed. Two individuals stood out, Theresa from housekeeping & the gentleman that drives the shuttle in the daytime. They made me feel welcome and really enhanced my experience.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Even though this hotel ticks all the boxes: good sized rooms, friendly service, gym and swimming pool and good locationit was somehow unexciting.
The rooms are good size, yes, with the collossal bed as is standard in the US, however the bathroom looked more than tired. The gym was clean but small, the pool was big enough but needs a fresh lick of paint.
Definite plus were the huge breakfast selection as well as the excellent location if you are in town for shopping at either of the two big shopping malls, also the new subway will have stop right around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Lord_Nibbler1976,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights each year for business. The hotel has a great location. There are two malls within walking or two minutes of driving time. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, movies, bars, etc. Also, Washington DC is very close and very convienient. There are two major airports very close as well. The rooms are spacious with everything you need. There two hotel restaurants as well. The rooms and common area is always very clean. I was told the shuttle was very nice as well. Also, I have shopped other hotels and realized the price is very good for the very expensive Tyson's Corner area. I would recommened it for business or personal stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice business center (open 24 hours)...and asst guest services mgt, Cofield W., saved the day by going through extra hoops to print out my presentation in color.

Note to mgmt: the music in the lobby wafts into the business center...perhaps nix the muzak?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milford, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been a regular guest at this hotel for 2 years now. I won't stay anywhere else when I am in the area. The staff is very attentive and I feel like I'm home when I am here. The shuttle drivers are excellent, very friendly and attentive. The proximity to restaurants and shopping in the area is great. The new room service menu is great too! The Tuscan Grille staff is superb. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I love the executive wing. Bathroom sinks are much larger. The rooms on the pool side can be a lit...