“Great location, nice staff, nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, MD
“Great location, nice staff, nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights each year for business. The hotel has a great location. There are two malls within walking or two minutes of driving time. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, movies, bars, etc. Also, Washington DC is very close and very convienient. There are two major airports very close as well. The rooms are spacious with everything you need. There two hotel restaurants as well. The rooms and common area is always very clean. I was told the shuttle was very nice as well. Also, I have shopped other hotels and realized the price is very good for the very expensive Tyson's Corner area. I would recommened it for business or personal stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice business center (open 24 hours)...and asst guest services mgt, Cofield W., saved the day by going through extra hoops to print out my presentation in color.

Note to mgmt: the music in the lobby wafts into the business center...perhaps nix the muzak?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milford, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been a regular guest at this hotel for 2 years now. I won't stay anywhere else when I am in the area. The staff is very attentive and I feel like I'm home when I am here. The shuttle drivers are excellent, very friendly and attentive. The proximity to restaurants and shopping in the area is great. The new room service menu is great too! The Tuscan Grille staff is superb. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I love the executive wing. Bathroom sinks are much larger. The rooms on the pool side can be a lit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff here was very helpful. Rooms clean, climate controlled and the bed the most comfy , I ever slept in. The pool was warm and clean , the hot tub hot and hygenic.

It you crave silence, ask to be put where all the airline employees are billited, as they tend to just want to sleep , during their shifts.

If you are a 'mall zombie" the CP is conveniently located next to two large malls, as in right next store.

The problem, was finding the hotel. First full disclosure. We come from the hotel from a different direction that we intended. Instead of an interstate ^^, we came down on a local county highway 123. But the the Crowne Plaza is located "BEHIND" a Marriot Courtyard. It was night time and we could not see and or locate the establishment, We drove by it three times.

Room Tip: Ask to be roomed where all the international airplane staff are, if you want an area where there is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The address for this hotel is the same as the Flemings restaurant. The problem is that there is also a Courtyard Marriott in the same parking lot, so you can't see the Crown Plaza from Chain Bridge Rd.
The lobby is nice, and the rooms are clean. The free breakfast was nice as well, and had the typical scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, and sausage and biscuits.
The O'Malley's pub was a nice place for a drink as well.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel multiple times since my firm had a special rate with them. The hotel location is good with shuttle to nearby places. However, the hotel room and lobby upkeep is very average. The beds are very uncomfortable. Considering the high room rates, the facilities and services are very average. The restaurant is average. There is weekly manager's reception but most of the guests are not informed about it. There is no complimentary breakfast - unlike other hotels at a comparable rate in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear SHM01,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our hotel.

We apologize that it was not up to your expectations in regards to the service and facilities. We have shared your comments with our team members and do review guest service expectations and we try to be the best hotel in our area. We also identify areas in our hotel to improve and within 4 months, we will be redoing our lobby areas and entrance to enhance the guest experience.

Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to showing you we can do it right on your next visit to our area.

Trish Drews General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I can't complain too much about this hotel. It was my first stay with this hotel. The company I work for has a corporate office nearby so I thought I'd try the Crowne over the Hilton. I'll probably just stick with the Crowne due to the friendly staff. My only complaint is the water pressure is very low. Other than than, I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business