“I'm rounding up from 3.5” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Durham, North Carolina
“I'm rounding up from 3.5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business and was impressed with the rooms and the restuarant - it is not a large hotel (only 4 floors), but the rooms were nicely furnished. The bathrooms showed their age a bit, but were clean and acceptable. Free wifi and bottled water were nice additions.

The restuarant was good for dinner - and the $3 pints at Happy Hour made me happy. Breakfast the next morning was also very good (but not included in the room price).

My two points of criticism:
1) There was a large sign on my floor pronoucing that guests would not be disturbed by housekeeping or maintainence between 9pm and 10am, and around 6:30/7am the next morning housekeeping was swinging open the empty guest room doors removing the dirty towels. And when I mentioned it at check-out, the person at reception just thanked me for the feedback.

2) Although there is a free shuttle service to the closest Metro, it doesn't run during rush hour, which is when most people would actually need to use it. A taxi ran about $14-15 each way, so that wasn't too fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Winslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Stay here for work....rooms clean, indoor pool, ok small gym. Friendly staff. Bar ok, cheap beer, good chicken wings/tenders....nothing much round here, but you can walk to the mall...if you are quick enough to run across the roads..people don't walk in the USA!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Although the 2-bed room is rather small (especially the bathroom), it was updated and clean. You could tell walking through through the halls that the hotel has been around for awhile but it was kept up well. Although there is a lot of road construction going on at this time, it's still easy to get around the area, near Dulles airport, fancy and outlet shopping, Wolf Trap. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Seaford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stay at the Crowne Plaza at least once a month for 3 - 5 nights. Trish Drews (GM) has a superior staff who makes our stay pleasant and restful. From the moment we walk in, the staff welcomes us with a pleasant "by name" greeting and continues to inquire about us throughout our stay. The front desk staff managed by the energetic and always smiling Soo Kim is absolutely the best. Her staff provides quick and courteous check-in and excellent advice on local attractions. Mesfin and Cofield are the consummate professionals, as are Jonathan and Jospheen. The shuttle drivers Akrem and Mina are friendly, informative and punctual.

The property is well maintained with an inviting lobby, and the rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds and a cozy chair. The internet service was recently upgraded and worked great. The indoor pool is enjoyable and the fitness room is well maintained. The breakfast buffet has a nice assortment of hot and cold foods.

My company has contracts with three hotels in the Tysons Corner area. We host several dozen classes per year with over 30 attendees. The Crowne Plaza is by far the favorite with our visitors.

Well Done!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Jospheen went out of her way to solve a problem. Needed items for an early morning meeting and she made a few calls out to local CVS stores to locate a speciality item. Without her help I would have failed at my task but thanks to her I looked great in the eyes of my boss. Her commitment to excellent customer service shined. She deserves a gold star for providing excellent customer service, great job Jospheen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello daniel S,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests get what they expect plus a little bit more.

Your comments regarding our staff show that our beliefs and training are working well. I have shared your review with our management staff as well as our team members and we personally have recognized Jospheen in front of her peers in department meetings.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,
Trish Drews General Manager
Crawley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is currently being used as the hotel for a major UK based Airline....who can be hard people to please, as they get to experience an exceptionally high standard of customer service around the world....and sometimes. not so high standards!
All the staff I had an interaction with, proved professional and courteous at all times, but the bar staff in O'Malleys went above and beyond. Myself and 4 colleagues decided to eat in the already busy bar, but were greeted in a timely and friendly manner. Chris proved to be a master of "order-memory", getting all our particular quirks and requests spot-on. Drink recommendations were made convincingly and with humour. In spite of the bar being full to capacity, our order arrived promptly and without fault and all our group were impressed with the cost, quality and taste of our "bar-snacks"....only one of us was beaten by the bountiful plate of nacho's! Zack, Tyler, Alfredo and Ann Marie should be proud of the service they provide....but ultimate praise should go to Chris! If you get the chance to eat in the bar yourself, see Chris in action for yourself.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was visiting my friends and family in the DC area and found a great deal online and decided to give the Crowne Plaza a try. I usually stay at Marriott Hotels so I wasn't sure what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was very inviting and the front desk staff made me feel at home. I used the hotel shuttle to the metro station during my stay and the two drivers, Akrem and Mina, became my personal chauffeurs. They were both very personable and greeted me by my name after my second day which made me feel like I was more than just another guest. I had dinner with my family at O'Malley's one night and the food was delicious with reasonable prices. I will definitely come back to this Crowne Plaza next time I'm back in town. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!