“lies and deceit” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“lies and deceit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed only for one night but that one stay was long enough. I checked in rather late, it was after 9pm. I went to my room 617. I went to use the bathroom and there was water on the floor in front of the toilet. I thought to myself, the cleaning crew couldn't have just mopped this floor, it should be dry by now, since check in time is 3pm and I came in after 9pm. I looked up to see if there was a ceiling leak of some sort but the ceiling appear to be dry. The lighting in the bathroom wasn't the brightest so I had to use my cell phone light to see where the water was coming from. The front desk was called and I spoke to the attendant to assist me on this matter. She told me that the hotel was booked full and that she could not change my room. She said she would call her manager about this issue and that she will bring extra towels for the floor so we didn't have to walk on whatever was leaking onto the floor. The next morning I noticed the towel that was left on the floor by the attendant was really soaked. I called again to the front desk. This time I spoke with another person that was on duty. I told her that I had to use the lobby restroom because of the issues with the toilet in room 617. She said she could call maintenance to check what the problem could be and that she would call her manager about the issue. After the phone call, I then proceeded to get on my knees to see where this water is coming from. I took a few pictures before my phone died in case the management would need to see for themselves that there was really water on the floor. I went down for the breakfast, I then stopped at the front desk to speak to the attendant about the water issue and also may I speak with the hotel manager. She called (Nakeisha), she spoke with me and told me there is nothing she can do since it was her day off with her five kids. She then told me she would get in touch with (Jacob) the assistant General Manager and have him call me. I asked her may I have the Corporate office phone number and address and she said she did not know it. The front desk attendant told me that he (Jacob) should be coming in at 11am. Check out wasn't until 12 noon so I told her I will wait for him (Jacob). Basically, She gave me the run around. Just wasted my time with lies and being very deceitful. She lied, General managers don't work on the weekends. I asked her for the Corporate office phone number and address, she told me she doesn't know it while she was chucking and then she proceeds to tell me the towels were not wet and there wasn't any water on the floor. I left the Residence Inn thinking this could of been handle more professionally with better staffing and training. In the long, I felt as if I was really helping them out by telling them about the leaking problem because it could only get worst with water damage between floors.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gramercy, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed two nights for a business trip to Vienna. First, there is no entrance. The sign pointing to the entrance behind the road-facing pool area is the entrance. Confusing but okay. Nothing stood out as superior or inferior as far as the facility or service. The room is your standard Residence Inn fare - frig, coffee maker, microwave, good bedding, generous pillows and towels. My room (412) faced the road and there was a low level of noise, so I turned the a/c fan "on" during the night which sufficed. I had a light breakfast and coffee each morning, but skipped the "Nacho Night" evening offering, although did have a decent glass of wine while waiting for my colleague. Had a lovely (and expensive) meal at Capital Grille (entrees $45ish alacarte) and used UberX for transfer from DC ($33 with 25 percent summer discount on UberX).

Room Tip: Request a quiet rear facing room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. We have addressed your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit by adding red canopies on the side and front entrance of the building. This will ensure that the hotel is visible from both angles of the street. With these new additions I hope that we get a chance to regain your business in the future.
Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I found this Residence Inn to be a scaled down model of a normal Residence Inn. That is, it appears that this property was shoehorned into a smaller parcel of land so everything is slightly smaller than a usual Residence Inn – as if they took a standard Residence Inn blueprint and shrunk it. So there was less parking, smaller lobby, smaller dining area, smaller pool, smaller drop off area, and most importantly, smaller rooms. My studio room was noticeably smaller than studio rooms at other Residence Inns at which I had stayed in the past few months. For instance, other Residence Inn studio rooms had a separate desk and dining table\bar. Here the dinning bar served as the desk also. I only stayed for a few nights but if I had to stay for an extended period I would have felt cramped. Having said all of this, this was not a bad place – it was quiet, rooms were clean, furniture was in good shape, bed was very comfortable – I just felt a little cramped. I would return in a pinch, but given all of the other hotel options in Tysons Corner, this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You mentioned that the room size did not meet your expectation. I apologize for this inconvenience.

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was in room 620 he was a very nice person and easy to talk to. We've talked like we knew each other long a go. He made me comfortable. I hope he's getting a good pay and also get well treated. He should definitely move on to a marriott luxury place because he's beyond customer level of satisfaction. Keep up with the good work hopefully I will be back to visit .

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as had the opportunity to interact with one of our great employess Mr. Abdoul Keita. He is great example of the customer service that our front office team offers. I will be sure to share your comments with him and other staff members.

Thank you again.
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Front Desk fine. Morning breakfast fine (but boring). After being here 5 nights, with no shampoo replenishment, and what I brought ran out, I went to the front desk and was given one little bottle.

Today,when we came back to the room there were 38 bottles of shampoo and ten bars of soap in the room. Talk about childish. (don't worry, we support a food pantry back home and the shampoo and soap will be put to good use) Overall, the whole week room replenishment has been spotty. One day no wash cloths, the next no hand towels. Three days the coffee was not replenished. Popcorn not replenished the whole week.

How hard could it be to give the cleaning folks a list of what goes in the room, without exceptions. Does management ever do quality checks?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Sapphire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Here is a nice property is a key location that caters to business and upscale travelers, except during the summer when they are trying to sell rooms to anyone, including buses and buses of tour groups. It overloads the property, but it is all about making a buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello

I am glad that you enjoyed our property with the exception of the tour buses on the weekend. I am working with the tour leaders and Sales Department to ensure that these groups do not consume the entire hotel as they have in past. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and you can rest assure that it is being addressed. We value your business and hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to regain your business.

Ridgewood, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was a swift checkin and move to my room. However, I asked for a television listing and an instruction manual on setting the radio. No matter what I did, I could not set the radio to the correct time. I went out for dinner and on return the front desk could not locate a listing of the tv nor a manual for the radio. It was another day of asking for the radio manual and told they did not have one but someone would come up and reset it. In a matter of a few minutes, it was taken care of as well as a listing of the television stations. On another day of my four night stay, the room was not made up when I returned in the evening. It turned out that there was no staff available and it would be remedied the next day. And indeed, it was taken care of. The last item was the heating unit made enough noise to wake the dead, so I turned it off. After telling the front desk in the AM of the problem, it was corrected upon my return.

So much for the problems, the hotel rooms themselves are square in shape and have space for the king bed, a dresser with flat screen and a couch that seats two with table and hassock. Quite comfortable. There is a kitchen /work table. The kitchen has a two plate stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher along with dishes, and pots and pans. I went out each night but made use of the refrigerator. There was a coffee maker but the coffee itself was not very tasty.

The room comes with a full complimentary breakfast as on Monday to Thursday it serves a light dinner. The breakfast are well prepared and varied day by day. The egg sandwiches with cheese and sausage were hot, not salty and on fresh whole wheat muffins. The Eggs each day were kept fresh and resupplied. There was fresh fruit that was good as well as yoghurt and cereal. It was possible to have a tasty balanced breakfast.

In the evening, they served a hot meal along with beer or wine. One night was hot dog or hamburger, another was a taco,.. Each time there was salad present to round out the meal. The prepared food was pretty good, and again not salty at all, attention being paid to the preparation. The beer was poured from a keg and was cold but not many bubbles. A choice of Yuengling or Blue Moon.

The hotel does not have very much of a view with many rooms looking directly at a blank wall. It is quiet and located close to I 495 and other major road.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us although you had a few problems at the beginning of your stay. I understand that the hotel staff was able to remedy these issues quickly however, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!