“A Scaled Down Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Philly
“A Scaled Down Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I found this Residence Inn to be a scaled down model of a normal Residence Inn. That is, it appears that this property was shoehorned into a smaller parcel of land so everything is slightly smaller than a usual Residence Inn – as if they took a standard Residence Inn blueprint and shrunk it. So there was less parking, smaller lobby, smaller dining area, smaller pool, smaller drop off area, and most importantly, smaller rooms. My studio room was noticeably smaller than studio rooms at other Residence Inns at which I had stayed in the past few months. For instance, other Residence Inn studio rooms had a separate desk and dining table\bar. Here the dinning bar served as the desk also. I only stayed for a few nights but if I had to stay for an extended period I would have felt cramped. Having said all of this, this was not a bad place – it was quiet, rooms were clean, furniture was in good shape, bed was very comfortable – I just felt a little cramped. I would return in a pinch, but given all of the other hotel options in Tysons Corner, this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You mentioned that the room size did not meet your expectation. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was in room 620 he was a very nice person and easy to talk to. We've talked like we knew each other long a go. He made me comfortable. I hope he's getting a good pay and also get well treated. He should definitely move on to a marriott luxury place because he's beyond customer level of satisfaction. Keep up with the good work hopefully I will be back to visit .

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as had the opportunity to interact with one of our great employess Mr. Abdoul Keita. He is great example of the customer service that our front office team offers. I will be sure to share your comments with him and other staff members.

Thank you again.
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Front Desk fine. Morning breakfast fine (but boring). After being here 5 nights, with no shampoo replenishment, and what I brought ran out, I went to the front desk and was given one little bottle.

Today,when we came back to the room there were 38 bottles of shampoo and ten bars of soap in the room. Talk about childish. (don't worry, we support a food pantry back home and the shampoo and soap will be put to good use) Overall, the whole week room replenishment has been spotty. One day no wash cloths, the next no hand towels. Three days the coffee was not replenished. Popcorn not replenished the whole week.

How hard could it be to give the cleaning folks a list of what goes in the room, without exceptions. Does management ever do quality checks?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Sapphire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Here is a nice property is a key location that caters to business and upscale travelers, except during the summer when they are trying to sell rooms to anyone, including buses and buses of tour groups. It overloads the property, but it is all about making a buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello

I am glad that you enjoyed our property with the exception of the tour buses on the weekend. I am working with the tour leaders and Sales Department to ensure that these groups do not consume the entire hotel as they have in past. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and you can rest assure that it is being addressed. We value your business and hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to regain your business.

Ridgewood, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was a swift checkin and move to my room. However, I asked for a television listing and an instruction manual on setting the radio. No matter what I did, I could not set the radio to the correct time. I went out for dinner and on return the front desk could not locate a listing of the tv nor a manual for the radio. It was another day of asking for the radio manual and told they did not have one but someone would come up and reset it. In a matter of a few minutes, it was taken care of as well as a listing of the television stations. On another day of my four night stay, the room was not made up when I returned in the evening. It turned out that there was no staff available and it would be remedied the next day. And indeed, it was taken care of. The last item was the heating unit made enough noise to wake the dead, so I turned it off. After telling the front desk in the AM of the problem, it was corrected upon my return.

So much for the problems, the hotel rooms themselves are square in shape and have space for the king bed, a dresser with flat screen and a couch that seats two with table and hassock. Quite comfortable. There is a kitchen /work table. The kitchen has a two plate stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher along with dishes, and pots and pans. I went out each night but made use of the refrigerator. There was a coffee maker but the coffee itself was not very tasty.

The room comes with a full complimentary breakfast as on Monday to Thursday it serves a light dinner. The breakfast are well prepared and varied day by day. The egg sandwiches with cheese and sausage were hot, not salty and on fresh whole wheat muffins. The Eggs each day were kept fresh and resupplied. There was fresh fruit that was good as well as yoghurt and cereal. It was possible to have a tasty balanced breakfast.

In the evening, they served a hot meal along with beer or wine. One night was hot dog or hamburger, another was a taco,.. Each time there was salad present to round out the meal. The prepared food was pretty good, and again not salty at all, attention being paid to the preparation. The beer was poured from a keg and was cold but not many bubbles. A choice of Yuengling or Blue Moon.

The hotel does not have very much of a view with many rooms looking directly at a blank wall. It is quiet and located close to I 495 and other major road.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us although you had a few problems at the beginning of your stay. I understand that the hotel staff was able to remedy these issues quickly however, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night while I was in town for a business meeting. It was close to everything, the staff was nice, the room was clean, and we enjoyed our stay. The parking was a little strange, but okay once we figured it out. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are excited that we were able to exceed your expectations here at the Residence Inn. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed at this property a couple of times this year, each for about a week. It is very convenient for my business and it offers nice rooms and helpful friendly staff. Breakfasts are excellent and the free beer/wine and light meal Monday thru Thursday are a nice added value feature. On both occasions my room was on the 4th floor and strangely on both occasions I had major bathroom problems. Basically the toilet was unusable. It seems to be an acknowledged problem with the front desk. The toilet blocks very, very easily, even with light use. On one occasion we had to change rooms because it backed up all onto the floor and into the room (yuk). To be fair the other room in a different part of the property seemed ok. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to stay there again due this problem happening during both of my stays, which is too bad given the other good points.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor anywhere near the elevators due to poor plumbing, thus causing problems with the...